KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Even the TSLRP is taking too long now

Have you looked at the progress recently? A lot of it is already 100% (=done!), and mostly it seems it's just Malachor that is unfinished, probably because it needs to reflect what has happened in the plot up to that point, and the team needs to know that first (i.e., after they've settled all the additions to the plot that come before Malachor chronologically).

But yes, it is difficult to wait... :blink:

Sigh, KOTOR 3.

How I count thy ways....in which

I dont give a **** about you anymore....

After playing Oblivion, I realised there was a life after KOTOR and I've moved on.  If they make it....cool...about time...if they don't ....I just dont give a **** anymore.

and note that, yes, I was one of those coming up with multiple plotlines for how it could be made or what improvements they should make and etc.

that was last year

Ah, but yet, here you are again.

A nonchalant facade will give you no peace

if you try to move on without Kotor 3.

Edited by Blank

The Turret minigame doesn't really bother me all that much I would prefer that I didn't kill so many people in the next game. In other words I don't want to repeat the Jekk Jekk Tarr after that I felt like I was Jason Junior. The only thing that is really important to me for KOTOR 3 is that they make a KOTOR 3 and not a TSL 2. A game that does something more than try to reenact the Matrix (Matrix and TSL are very smiliar if you think about it). As long as the story is as fun, engaging and engrossing as it was in KOTOR and not as one-sided, depressing and incomplete as it was in TSL then I will be happy, I hope.

Guest The Architect

If the game developers can meet the requests of my signature (those things in my sig are more 'necessities' than 'wants') then I'll be happy. But to add to my signature on my wish list I'd like to add...

- Obsidian Entertainment develops K3, not BioWare or any other game developer company, why? They were the one's who started this 'True Sith' plot, they should finish it, they appear to have something set up and surely must have some sought of direction in where this storyline of there's is going, which means, I think they've got some clever ideas up there sleeve, unless of course they were just making things up as they go, but that's highly unlikely. Also, if Obsidian DOES NOT make K3 then I fear that the game developer might abandon the Revan/Exile/True Sith story-arch and move on to something new which will be very disappointing, unfair and anti-climatic. By the way, I also thought Obsidian did a far better job than BioWare, especially considering the time they were given...

- Quality over quantity. Sacrifices have to be made, and I'd rather have seven or eight well-detailed, long, interesting planets than eleven or twelve half-baked, rushed, short, dull planets and I'd rather have eight or nine rich, well detailed, interesting, completed party member characters than twelve or thirteen boring, unfinished, un-necessary 'waste of space' characters.

- Better graphics, hooded robes and improved battle animations.

- I'm one of the few that beleives they should 'can' the influence system. I don't like it at all, besides, your new K3 main character shouldn't be as charismatic as Revan or as influential as the Exile, hence, you shouldn't effect your party member's alignments IMO.

- LucasArts, give the game developer of K3 (IT SHOULD BE OBSIDIAN) about two-three years to make a large scale game such as K3. You need to take a lot of time to make a game like K3 that has to somehow make an attempt to cater for the sixteen possible gender/alignment combo's of Revan or the Exile but I have considerable faith in Obsidian, I think they can pull it off.

That's about it...

off-topic: No, Obsidian DIDN'T start True Sith plot

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

-  Obsidian Entertainment develops K3, not BioWare or any other game developer company, why? They were the one's who started this 'True Sith' plot, they should finish it, they appear to have something set up and surely must have some sought of direction in where this storyline of there's is going, which means, I think they've got some clever ideas up there sleeve, unless of course they were just making things up as they go, but that's highly unlikely. Also, if Obsidian DOES NOT make K3 then I fear that the game developer might abandon the Revan/Exile/True Sith story-arch and move on to something new which will be very disappointing, unfair and anti-climatic. By the way, I also thought Obsidian did a far better job than BioWare, especially considering the time they were given...

I think LA will dictate most of the plot, no matter who gets to develop it. But yes, we need closure to the true Sith plot before we can move on to something else. We're left hanging in K2. To move to something new would be like doing "Empire Strikes Back" without doing "Return of the Jedi" next.

- Quality over quantity.

Always. I also favor fewer party members, so we don't have useless characters like T3 in K1 and GOTO in K2.

Have no more party members than I can have in my group at any one time plus one. The "odd one out" gets to stay and guard the Ebon Hawk (or whatever ship) while the rest are out having fun.

- Better graphics, hooded robes and improved battle animations.

Would be nice, but not a priority for me. Solid plot and good characters is far more important to me.

- I'm one of the few that beleives they should 'can' the influence system. I don't like it at all, besides, your new K3 main character shouldn't be as charismatic as Revan or as influential as the Exile, hence, you shouldn't effect your party member's alignments IMO.

I don't agree with that. I thought the Influence system in K2 was a good idea, but I also thought it was badly implemented. It makes no sense that the Handmaiden continues to berate me and lose influence when I do evil things after I've corrupted her to DS mastery. Or conversely, it makes no sense that HK-47 demoans the lack of violence and loses influence after I've given him LS mastery (and I did :devil: ). If they can fix that, then I want the Influence system in there. Because to me it's not a question of Revan being more charismatic or Exile being more influential - to me people always influence each other, and so it's okay to make a system that reflects that.

Guest The Architect
I don't agree with that. I thought the Influence system in K2 was a good idea, but I also thought it was badly implemented. It makes no sense that the Handmaiden continues to berate me and lose influence when I do evil things after I've corrupted her to DS mastery. Or conversely, it makes no sense that HK-47 demoans the lack of violence and loses influence after I've given him LS mastery (and I did  :devil: ). If they can fix that, then I want the Influence system in there. Because to me it's not a question of Revan being more charismatic or Exile being more influential - to me people always influence each other, and so it's okay to make a system that reflects that.

Well I suppose it all comes down to a person's 'point of view'. Yes, I do agree that the Influence System was a good 'idea' and I do agree with you that it was poorly implemented in K2 and I suppose if they worked on the dialogue more and create sought of a dialogue tree for party members based on their alignments for many scenario's so for example Handmaiden acknowledges acts of violence if she's DS or HK-47 starts to acknowledge acts of mercy and compassion if he's LS then yeah, I suppose it' would be nice to have.

I suppose I was a bit silly of me to say that they should scrap the Influence System, but what I said was originally based on paranoia. I just have a hunch or get the impression that LucasArts won't give the game developer the time that is necessary to develop a game such as K3 and I beleive that for in order for the Influence System to work, the game developer needs to spend some quality time working on what I call the 'dialogue trees' of the Influence System for your party members but because I personally think that the game developer might not get enough time to develop K3, IF they work on the Influence System they may spend too much time on it and fail to finish the game and we'd have another incomplete, cut, bug/glitch ridden game, which would be the worst possible case scenario so the game developers might decide to play it 'safe' and forget about the Influence System so they can work on other more important areas of the game, that's my two cents anyway, so yes, I would like to see the Influence System in K2 'properly implemented' but only if the game developer has enough time to complete the whole game as welll.

Yes, they did. There is some mention of the Sith in K1, yes, but it wasn't until in K2 that this was retconned to mean the true Sith.

A good number of K1 fans are still sore about that.

There are mentions about Ludo Kresh's survivor's in that whatever handbook :devil: Personally I believe that Obsidian only gave them the name "True sith".

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I agree that there were too many charcters. I don't think that anyone who had ever played the game actually used him or Mandalore. Why use Mandalore or a droid when you can have a party composed completely of Jedi or Sith? One big thing they need to work on is the amount of Exp you can get in the game. Now if you have played games like Kingdom Hearts or any Final Fantasy game you can actually train your characters. I hated how in Knights 1+2 you could only get a set amount of Exp. I got very tired of not being able to get all of the feats I wanted for my charcters. If they could impliment some sort of enemy system where if you went back to certain parts of the planets in time you could fight enemies there again. Another thing is the clothes. The clothes look better in K2 but they could have done a much better job. The combat system is a testament to d20 in how ugly it was. Hack and slash is never very eye catching. This is possibly the hardest thing to change due to the fact that a die is rolled for your attacks. Did anyone else notice that the way you looked when using a different lightsaber form never actaully changed when fighting? Say if someone who is using a dueling form like Form 2 against someone who is using a lesser form or no form at all the duelist should have an advantage. Thats another large one. Being able to perform something like what Yoda did in Episodes 2and 3 by blocking Force Lightning with his hand would be very sweet. Even being able to block it with your lightsaber like Mace or Obi-Wan did would be awesome. More Force abilities is a MUST.

Query: Does anyone think a Knights of The New Republic would be interesting?

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

The "True Sith" are the actual race. The Sith are an actual people. Most overlook this and just think something like "So a true Sith is someone like Palpatine." No....wrong.

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

Yes, they did. There is some mention of the Sith in K1, yes, but it wasn't until in K2 that this was retconned to mean the true Sith.

There are mentions about Ludo Kresh's survivor's in that whatever handbook :devil: Personally I believe that Obsidian only gave them the name "True sith".

Yes, but Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, and Ludo Kressh all hail from the Sith Empire that fell a thousand years before KotOR even begins in the Great Hyperspace War, as chronicled in the "Golden Age of the Sith" and "Fall of the Sith Empire" comic books. We have not heard anything about what these Sith have been doing since then, only seen remnants from their fallen empire.

The "True Sith" are the actual race. The Sith are an actual people. Most overlook this and just think something like "So a true Sith is someone like Palpatine." No....wrong.

Sorry, but no. The original Sith species has long since been interbred so much with the dark jedi cast out by the jedi during the Second Great Schism that by the time of the Sith Empire, there were hardly anyone of "pure blood" left.

Even if there were, KotOR is a millennium later, and in any event, the Sith species were never a great empire - they were a simple people who became slaves to the dark jedi cast out by the republic, and it was through their powers that they became part of a great empire.

There is no "original, mysterious Sith race" with lots of secrets to expose and explore. Those secrets are those that the outcast dark jedi chose to share with the sith species, so if any old secrets exist, then they "belong" to or originate from the original dark jedi, not the sith species. The sith species of that age were nothing but slaves.

There are mentions about Ludo Kresh's survivor's in that whatever handbook :wub: Personally I believe that Obsidian only gave them the name "True sith".

Yes, but Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, and Ludo Kressh all hail from the Sith Empire that fell a thousand years before KotOR even begins in the Great Hyperspace War, as chronicled in the "Golden Age of the Sith" and "Fall of the Sith Empire" comic books. We have not heard anything about what these Sith have been doing since then, only seen remnants from their fallen empire.

Yes, but they are strongest option to TS

Edited by Xard

Hmm i wonder if revan is dead or just chilling somewhere.

There is no peace; there is aggression.

There is no fear; there is power.

There is no serenity, there is anger.

There is no weakness; there is strength.

There is no death; there is the immortality of the Dark Side.

I am the Heart of Darkness.

I know no fear, but rather I instill it in my enemies.

I am the destroyer of worlds.

I know the power of the Dark Side.

I am the fire of hate.

All the Universe bows before me.

I pledge myself to the Darkness.

For I have found true life, in the death of the light.

Query: Does anyone think a Knights of The New Republic would be interesting?

Only after they have completed the Knights of the Old republic series. I would rather first finish this trilogy before starting the next one (Imagine what it would be like if Lucas decided to not bring out Return of the Jedi and first bring out either the Phantom Menace or maybe Vector Prime, the movie.

If they just kill him off in the background, then it'll be really disappointing after hearing so much about him in K2...

Me too....

Master Vandar lives!

Nah, Nihilis is dead. To have him come back would be unrealistic to me. He was a hole in the force, destroyed by another hole, the Exile.

But whatever, K3 isn't even announced yet. I'll be an old geezer by the time it comes out... if it comes out. *insert more cynical comments* :-

Edited by Blank

I happen to agree with the influence system being canned in as far as the other person's alignment goes. The notion of making HK-47 have LS mastery (which i am guilty of too :D ) is rather silly i think, albeit fun. I assume the influence system was there as a means to emphasize the amount of affect Exile has on her/his companions, not because the companions actually had their core selves changed. That would explain why Bao-Dur still got upset when Exile did DS stuff in his presence, and so on.

While the idea of the protagonist being able to influence the party is neat, i think it would have to work the other way around too for it to bear any semblance of reality. Perhaps with the influence being based on dialogue and how much 'effort' the protagonist puts into the relationship as well as on their actions, that way, those whom the players (or characters) hate, can be ignored beyond the basics (ie: not talk with them to find out about their quest, etc), or can even be argued with, etc. That would require fewer core characters with very detailed and complex dialogue options. I also think the party members should be able to influence eachother having nothing at all to do with the protagonist. But i am speaking of influence in the sense of how much the cast likes and gets along with eachoter, how well they work together, etc... It might even be able to extend to better cohesiveness in the field allowing for additional combat abilities, or the ability for the characters to teach eachother non-class skills over time, or something along those lines. There are alot of possibilities.This is usually hinted at in BioWare RPGs, as it was in KotOR II, but it is just flavour and not a game mechanic. And over time, i can see alignments changing, but not nearly as drastically as in KotOR II.

One thing i like about KotOR is the cast wasn't so easily changeable. They would do out of character things (ie: join battle against those they did not agree with battling against), but at the end of it, even if they did change a little, they were still true to themselves. I would not like to see a cast of characters who are wishy-washy and without a centre. I felt some of the characters of KotOR II had personalities which were too disparate in nature. There should be allowances made for the change process, but it went to the extreme.

Have any of you playing Oblivion thought how cool that engine would be for KOTOR 3? It took a bit for me to warm up to Oblivion in the first place, mostly because I had to get into the story. That wouldn't be a problem with KOTOR 3 and the rich SW universe that everyone already knows. So what you'd end up with is a cool game that:

1) Lets you physically customize the **** out of your character.

2) Choose from way more races and classes