KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

LA have said that they want to concentrate on two products per year, IIRC.

In which case, this year would be Star Wars Lego Classic, the rumored Vader (though that might be 2007) Game and the Indiana Jones game. Lego is being released this year, as well as Indiana Jones. So, KOTOR 3 would probably end up being an early 2008 game... :-

Nice 'rumor' Darth Jarize, but I don't think it's true. And if it is, it a bit of a shame really. My exile is DS.

And, what if Revan was DS, is Carth replaced by Cede then?

Anyway, if this is true then I want to be able to choose the Exile to be DS so I can become a Sith.

You can fix up the exile & revan's allignment when you supposedly talk w/the council. I just have to remind everyone this is just a RUMOR.

just so it can more easily be found or somthing like that. dont complain, this forum will help... a litle at least.

and, early 2008?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Nice 'rumor' Darth Jarize, but I don't think it's true. And if it is, it a bit of a shame really. My exile is DS.

And, what if Revan was DS, is Carth replaced by Cede then?

Anyway, if this is true then I want to be able to choose the Exile to be DS so I can become a Sith.

You can fix up the exile & revan's allignment when you supposedly talk w/the council. I just have to remind everyone this is just a RUMOR.

Well, that's a relief.

Master Vandar lives!

Bieng able to put up my hood would be very nice. That's probably the second largest thing. The first is a FLUID FIGHTING SYSTEM. Watching my Jedi Weapon Master perform hack-and-slash like some barbarian was very sad for me. I know that it would be extremely difficult but with the next gen systems now it should be possible.

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

That lightsabres do actual energy weapon damage. They can melt through blast doors, how can a person take multiple hits and still be intact? Not that i'm suggesting a morbid "parts fallin' off and flyin' everywhere" deal, just a bit more realism would be good. And damn, do i ever want to get a hold of the formula for making cortosis weaves. :mellow:

Bieng able to put up my hood would be very nice. That's probably the second largest thing. The first is a FLUID FIGHTING SYSTEM. Watching my Jedi Weapon Master perform hack-and-slash like some barbarian was very sad for me. I know that it would be extremely difficult but with the next gen systems now it should be possible.

That lightsabres do actual energy weapon damage. They can melt through blast doors, how can a person take multiple hits and still be intact? Not that i'm suggesting a morbid "parts fallin' off and flyin' everywhere" deal, just a bit more realism would be good. And damn, do i ever want to get a hold of the formula for making cortosis weaves.  :wub:

In both cases (non-fluidic combat and lack of dismemberment) you can blame the d20 RPG system that KotOR was based on. It's basically a revision of the D&D 3e system, which I also hate with a passion (despite being an old AD&D GM myself, or perhaps because of it...). I've played d20 Star Wars PnP, but I really did prefer the old d6 system, and there are certainly game systems out there that are far better than d20.

But while that is true, I really *don't* want a Jedi Academy-ish realtime combat system. EVER! I want the outcome of the battle to depend on the skill of the character I'm playing, not on how well I press buttons. Because I suck at pressing those buttons, which is probably a major reason why I prefer CRPGs to most other game types.

But I'm all for dropping d20 entirely, and I certainly never played KotOR because it used the system. On contrary, it was far more because I thought the plots were interesting in spite of being d20-based. If they can replace the system with something that is more fluid without turning real-time, then I'm all for it.

I want the outcome of the battle to depend on the skill of the character I'm playing, not on how well I press buttons. Because I suck at pressing those buttons, which is probably a major reason why I prefer CRPGs to most other game types.

Your point about the outcome of the battle depending on actual skill is a good one. And i suck at pressing buttons too. Let's just say i was very glad the swoop races weren't mandatory beyond the first one in KotOR on Taris. :lol: It would be neat if the combat style altered a bit according to how the character's actual in game experience and lvl up choices progressed. Finesse characters, for instance, would fight different than powerhouses (and wouldn't get squished within half a second). There has to be a happy medium between the disparaging "roll of the dice" leaving the player kinda detached in combat, and a too manual dexterity dependent combat systems.

But I'm all for dropping d20 entirely, and I certainly never played KotOR because it used the system. On contrary, it was far more because I thought the plots were interesting in spite of being d20-based. If they can replace the system with something that is more fluid without turning real-time, then I'm all for it.

Huzah! :D

You two must hate the turret game with the Sith fighters in Kotor I right?

That was so easy it was almost redundant.

Is it even possible to fail it? I certainly never have... Basically just fire like crazy for the first few seconds and half the enemy fighters will be gone already. Then you get to choose whether the rest is a milk run or a cake walk... :cool:

Failed it the first time... when all the cutscenes run and I suddenly was into that scene, no idea what to do (nor that there was radar and a healthbar) :">

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I got tired of the stupid turret game. It was fun the first or second time but seriously...it got very annoying in both KoToR games. Did anyone else dissagree with a lightside character having the ability to do Force Lightning without reprocutions?

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

Did anyone else dissagree with a lightside character having the ability to do Force Lightning without reprocutions?

Kinda, but I still wanna use Force Choke without any repercussions. Loved that move

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Sigh, KOTOR 3.

How I count thy ways....in which

I dont give a **** about you anymore....

After playing Oblivion, I realised there was a life after KOTOR and I've moved on. If they make it....cool...about time...if they don't ....I just dont give a **** anymore.

and note that, yes, I was one of those coming up with multiple plotlines for how it could be made or what improvements they should make and etc.

that was last year

Even the TSLRP is taking too long now

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.