KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

see notes below to distingush between our texts - sorry :p

If the post gets to be too long, the quotation bit stops working. I advice less text or else to cut it into more posts.

it's just that Kreia, as insightful and knowledgeable as she is, still sees things, especially with having to do with Revan and Exile, the Jedi council, and things having to do with the Force with blinders on.

Yes and no... IMHO it's just Kreia sees it all from her own perspective.

You know: "Many of the truths that we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view." :ermm:

i think Revan's experience post the near-death/mind reprogrammed and having her/his bond with Bastila, and being with people such as Carth (regardless if Revan was male or female - and regardless if people hate Carth. I am refering to their personality traits, things they evoked in Revan, and her/him coming to be able to care for people, and such. Each one filled different roles in Revan's re-education. ie Mission was kinda like a kid sister, Jolee a cantankerous but neat *shhh...mentor*) in a very close-knitt way, and Revan being the greeny (n00b - is that right? n00b?  :cool: ) allowed for that growth, to be dependant on the others, and such, thus s/he gains the essence of the humanity s/he lacked as a Jedi.

Hmm, that's actually rather profound. Good points. And I agree that Revan was sort of "raised" again with his companions as his "family". And Jolee is definitely the father, though Jolee would never admit that.

So keeping what i said above in mind, if Revan does revert to DS, than it is again in the vein of self-sacrifice, knowingly giving up her/his humanity again in order to save the galaxy.

Sorry, but that doesn't add up for me, since at the time Revan makes his LS/DS choice, he has no recollection of the threat of the true Sith - whether LS or DS, K2 consistently puts Revan's recollection of that threat a year after the events of K1, so that cannot be why he turned evil again.

I thought Kreia said Revan left the ship, the droids, and all of that behind because they would not be needed since this was a fight of belief. She stated these trappings, such a droids, ships, and soldiers even are just things against which we test ourselves. So if that is the case in this war against the real Sith, obviously it is about the Force, about strength of will and beleif, and all that. How do they put that into a game?

If you're right, it'll be interesting to see. But I think it's more likely we'll see a a game that ends in a great conflict where the true Sith try to conquer the republic. Just my two credits...

Revan was obviously desicive and a good strategist, but lets keep him/her human please. Perhaps Revan thought he/she was doing the right thing, but obviously those intentions became corrupted after the mandalorian wars. I resent trying to make Revan the 'Perfect Character', It makes him/her a lot less interesting.

Agreed. I'd prefer Revan to be DS in K3 so that if he was LS in K1, then there is something you can appeal and redeem him with, whereas if he turned DS, then he killed his friends and cannot come back to the light side. That way the choice of K1 remains, even if it means you have kill Revan yourself.

Now to the true sith. I really hope that the true sith is not some huge army of aliens just waiting to atack. It is just lame. And makes the whole idea of Revan going there to fight them single handedly rather silly.

If it was "just" some huge alien army, then they would have attacked a long time ago. As K2 reveals, they manipulated the Mandalorian Wars in order to cripple the republic. It worked, yet they still didn't attack. Why? Surely there's a reason for that. The most obvious problem among the Sith is probably their internal strife - everybody wants the throne, and so everybody is looking to stab everyone else in the back. Perhaps some sneaky Sith is using the fall of their empire to paint the republic as a shared enemy, so that he can gain the throne that way. That would mirror Naga Sadow's rise to power btw...

Just a small comment on the 'amnesia' thing (and a hello to the OE forums, incidentally - how's life?), any new PC is going to suffer from it as much as the Old PC's. See the conversations with the Exile in TSL. Yes, I know he was away, but he also seems to remember almost nothing about his past, let alone the Jedi Civil War...

Apologies if I'm retreading old ground.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Unless you're some kid who becomes a Youngling, which I really don't want

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

see notes below to distingush between our texts - sorry :p

If the post gets to be too long, the quotation bit stops working. I advice less text or else to cut it into more posts.

:o Gasp! I thought that is a definite no-no. With things like "double posters should die" in tags (whatever the bottom personalized bit thingie is called) and this spamming thing (is that what it is called? Making multiple posts rather than one long one) being bad things, i thought i had to put it all into one post. :blink:

it's just that Kreia, as insightful and knowledgeable as she is, still sees things, especially with having to do with Revan and Exile, the Jedi council, and things having to do with the Force with blinders on.

Yes and no... IMHO it's just Kreia sees it all from her own perspective.

You know: "Many of the truths that we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view." :shifty:

i think we are agreeing on this point :ph34r:

So keeping what i said above in mind, if Revan does revert to DS, than it is again in the vein of self-sacrifice, knowingly giving up her/his humanity again in order to save the galaxy.

Sorry, but that doesn't add up for me, since at the time Revan makes his LS/DS choice, he has no recollection of the threat of the true Sith - whether LS or DS, K2 consistently puts Revan's recollection of that threat a year after the events of K1, so that cannot be why he turned evil again.

:shifty: And in Kreia having added that new sub-text to Revan and to KotoR; in my fishing for deeper meaning expedition; i think it matters at what point Revan chooses the DS in KotoR. As the game was originally (1 shot release - if what i read was true) intended, than if Revan is DS from the get-go, than Revan is DS for the sake of playing DS (just as LS is for the sake of playing LS). Meaning gets infused into the DS (and LS come to think of it) choice on the Leviathan and on the Rakata homeworld (character evolution sense. Not slagging DS/LS choices). So, with KotoR in a vacuum, Revan's personality and ethos (free of the pre-near-death persona) emerged regardless of what had transpired in the past and what will transpire in the future. But, with taking KotoR out of the vacuum and adding KotoR II's revelations, this is where "the plot thickens". Assuming Revan did not recollect anyting about her/his past up until the point of seeking out "the menace", the answers to why is Revan a DSer boil down to A) fate (is Revan destined to be the one to save the galaxy and has to pay the price of her/his soul in order to do it?) B) what is "hardwired" into Revan's psyche (ie: is Revan, even with the reprogramming done by the Jedi, still programmed at her/his core to be able to do what is neccesary to save the galaxy?) C) that is just Revan's new personality. The fact that Revan later remembers, even a year hence, indicates that stuff - what is left of it - is still floatin' around in her/his subconscious. S/he can't yet piece it together nor access most of it yet, but that intuitive knowledge should still be there. So, yes, Revan could at the end of KotoR be a unilateral-reasoned DSer (self-gratification, fear of loss of self =need for power, whatever...), or Revan could be a rooted in her/his psyche and/or fate DSer. However; assuming Revan was able to remember more (as was kinda in a way hinted at albeit very subltely with the DS options of speech "I am the Dark Lord. Bow down to me" and all that DS Bastila talk (reclaim rightful position etc..) than the possibility of Revan having tactically re-made the choice to save the galaxy by conquering it becomes plausible. I thought in the cutscenes that was hinted at; that Revan had more up her/his sleeve and letting Bastila fall into the Malak trap which she is just jumpin' into with all she's got.

And that brings me to the connecting point of the earlier point of how Revan's party affected her/him and her/his personal growth and aquiring her/his henceforth lacking humanity. I think it is possible (though indicative of deep-rooted problems :wacko: ), Revan could have intentionally as a DSer decided to kill all those s/he formed attatchments to as the first step in being able to walk down the Kreia interpretation path again. Sacrifice rather than fall...

:-"

I thought Kreia said Revan left the ship, the droids, and all of that behind because they would not be needed since this was a fight of belief. She stated these trappings, such a droids, ships, and soldiers even are just things against which we test ourselves. So if that is the case in this war against the real Sith, obviously it is about the Force, about strength of will and beleif, and all that. How do they put that into a game?

If you're right, it'll be interesting to see. But I think it's more likely we'll see a a game that ends in a great conflict where the true Sith try to conquer the republic. Just my two credits...

crap :(

Still can't make the quote thing work so I'm gonna try putting in a different coloured text within the grey

:o ...finally...got...something...right (w00t)

:p

:shifty:

:wacko:

You need one /quote (place within [ ] ) for every quote (also placed within [ ] )

[ + quote + ]

and

[ + / + quote + ]

equals:

Heya! I've been quoted!

All "quote" tags should be at the begining, then layer the text between each "/quote" tag

So for 3 layers of quotes like I did you'd need:

Original quote here

/quote

First reply here

/quote

Last reply here

/quote

I hope this helps :shifty:

All "quote" tags should be at the begining, then layer the text between each "/quote" tag

So for 3 layers of quotes like I did you'd need:

Original quote here

/quote

First reply here

/quote

Last reply here

/quote

I hope this helps :p

(w00t) the bliss of enlightenment :cool: Thank you :D

Revan was obviously desicive and a good strategist, but lets keep him/her human please. Perhaps Revan thought he/she was doing the right thing, but obviously those intentions became corrupted after the mandalorian wars. I resent trying to make Revan the 'Perfect Character', It makes him/her a lot less interesting.

I think i misinterpreted your meaning the first time. I thought you meant in an uber-powerful, can do everything, "i'm superman without a kryptonite weakness" type of perfect (not my idea of perfect either). Upon more deliberation, and with Jediphile's response, i realize that i think what you were saying likely is more along the lines of even if Revan was LS at the end of KotoR, Revan would have repeated her/his fall to the DS as a consequence of both the self-sacrifice and losing her/his self specifically because Revan decided to go it alone again rather than draw on Revan's friends' strengths. Is that closer?

Agreed. I'd prefer Revan to be DS in K3 so that if he was LS in K1, then there is something you can appeal and redeem him with, whereas if he turned DS, then he killed his friends and cannot come back to the light side. That way the choice of K1 remains, even if it means you have kill Revan yourself.

I pictured Revan, if LS, on the brink of losing it when her/his friends finally get their acts together to go save and then join Revan. That just felt more natural/in character for Revan's friends. And that Revan didn't lose her/his self completely yet was a testament to the inner strength s/he found as a result of embracing love (friendship and/or romantic) as opposed to turning DS because of Kreia's ideology of love, bonds (non-Force), caring, etc.. are weakness. But your idea, that Revan even if LS at the end of KotoR would be corrupted by the time KotoR II rolls in and s/he can only be redeemed through the friendships/loves formed during KotoR is fraken incredible! (w00t)

If it was "just" some huge alien army, then they would have attacked a long time ago. As K2 reveals, they manipulated the Mandalorian Wars in order to cripple the republic. It worked, yet they still didn't attack. Why? Surely there's a reason for that. The most obvious problem among the Sith is probably their internal strife - everybody wants the throne, and so everybody is looking to stab everyone else in the back. Perhaps some sneaky Sith is using the fall of their empire to paint the republic as a shared enemy, so that he can gain the throne that way. That would mirror Naga Sadow's rise to power btw...

I was wondering the exact same thing. Obviously they have had their act together and been plotting in a cohesive and long-term manner for quite some time. And it is enough of a unified threat to get Revan to leave what s/he built behind. For those reasons i find the typical "Sith plotting to overthrow eachother" scenario unlikely. If the Korriban academy couldn't hold itself together after losing Uthar and Yuthura, i doubt those type of power struggles among the "true" Sith would allow for a sustained campaign platform to be carried out over political turmoil and strife. They devisd a long term strategy with trying to weaken the galaxy over a period of at least 30 years. Unless, of course, they just like messing with the Republic's head and do it for fun without an underlying method to their madness.

Just a small comment on the 'amnesia' thing (and a hello to the OE forums, incidentally - how's life?), any new PC is going to suffer from it as much as the Old PC's. See the conversations with the Exile in TSL. Yes, I know he was away, but he also seems to remember almost nothing about his past, let alone the Jedi Civil War...

Yup. Yer right. Unless the game gives a rather long and detailed character history in a quasi "this is your life" way, or makes the player character/protagonist young (ie: includes noephyte padawans), can't see how they'd get around the amnesia, or as in Exiles' case (from the gamer's perspective) clueless about her/his own personal history just live with it syndrome.

Darque, could you save me again and tell me how to do the part where i needed to colour my text in black since it was between two consequtive linked response texts? Or is inserting such responces between earlier posts bad etiquette/against the rules? Or am i just being a paranoid weirdo? :wacko:

Darque, could you save me again and tell me how to do the part where i needed to colour my text in black since it was between two consequtive linked response texts? Or is inserting such responces between earlier posts bad etiquette/against the rules? Or am i just being a paranoid weirdo? :devil:

Oops, missed this.

I'm not sure what you mean.

If it's a seperate quote, just split if off like I showed you :-

If you mean something else... I'm not sure what you're asking :D

I think i misinterpreted your meaning the first time. I thought you meant in an uber-powerful, can do everything, "i'm superman without a kryptonite weakness" type of perfect (not my idea of perfect either). Upon more deliberation, and with Jediphile's response, i realize that i think what you were saying likely is more along the lines of even if Revan was LS at the end of KotoR, Revan would have repeated her/his fall to the DS as a consequence of both the self-sacrifice and losing her/his self specifically because Revan decided to go it alone again rather than draw on Revan's friends' strengths. Is that closer?

In this case you'd want to go:

Quote=Jediphile

Quote=Fighter

Then you'd want to place Fighter's text here

/quote

Then place Jediphile's here

/quote

Finally add your reply here

You'd leave out the first and last quotes (which are just for the example) as you don't want to quote yourself this way. Also, if you're going to strip down replies, it's best just to "quote" whom you're replying to.

Then for the second part of Jediphile's reply you'd make a SEPERATE quote block

Then you'd make your reply here outside of the quote text. <<----

I hope this covers it as I'm now going to sleep :)

Good luck :)

for me a world with bounty hunters and varoius groups that want to kill your characer and the(also something like the swoop gangs on taris on the first one) would be realy good.

to be able to join the exchange would be nice and to work as an bounty hunter is always good.

basicly the exchange and bounty hunters.

Edited by Rebelscum

My Best Friends Dad works for Lucas Arts & my friend gave me some inside info about k3 & promised me a free copy of the game before it comes out. By the way this game takes place about 3 years after the events in k2.

Part 1 of 2

Anyway here is the current plotline.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

The Jedi Order

It is a time of turmoil in the Republic. The Sith have beaten the republic down to almost collapsing. The Republic has turned to the few jedi left in the galaxy to aid them in the war against the Sith. In return for their assistance the republic will help to rebuild the jedi order. To start the Republic is sending three Republic warships full of young apprentices to the jedi academy to start their training to become jedi...

Cutscene: Main Charector is on the Republic Warship the RED BLUR talking to other soon-to-be jedi while the ship is in hyperspace then out of nowhere the sith pull the three ships out of hyperspace. Then the crew of the ebon hawk comes into the field The crew of the ebon hawk, (The exile, Atton, Bao-Dur, Handmaiden, Dicpicle, Mira, Mandolore, T3-M4, HK-47, GO-TO) Leave Dantooine and arrive at the scene & deploy three people to each of the ships. (This is Random)

Red Blur:

Pretty much you play as your main charector & fight to the bridge of the RED BLUR to find carth talking w/the exile & his/her companions now just fight your way through the sith soliders & assasins. Get to the docking bay to find all of the sith there taking shuttles out to the sith fleet. Then they take off.{One has to wonder what they were doing if not to kill all the young jedi}

Cutscene: Carth has an answer. The republic had put plans on their secret assult on the sith foundry world of Sankaro. Admiral Onasi goes up to the bridge and finds that the plans were stolen. He blabs on about how important the plans were and finishes by saying "Well I'll let the Republic know. But we should continue to Dantooine." Then the exile thanks you for your help & you go up to your room.

Dantooine: You land in 'Khoonda City' (after 3 years the jedi enclave has detroyed again & the Administrtor decided to build a new enclave next to khoonda and make khoonda into a city)

You are automatically transported to the Jedi Audience Chamber. Then the exile starts talking about the path of becoming a jedi, & at the end of his/her speach & says he & the council will meett with all of you (300 Jedi That'll take a while) But for now you go up to your dorm.

You rest & when you wake up you'll find your roomates you can talk to them if you want but you don't have to. Just go to the council chambers the council has requested your presence for the coversation to determain what jedi class you'll be. Answer as you want to no light or dark choices. Then they say that you have already proven yourself to become a Jedi Knight & thus grant you the rank of padawan. Then they tell you to take a few other people with you and assign another padawan to go with you to go to Mirikula to find Visas she was "kidnapped." (But you can't take the ebon hawk) so they give you a load o' credits to buy your own ship. Leave the enclave & head to the downtown of khoonda city go to the other (droid shops if you want to) but basically you head to the ship shop buy one of the three ships there(Carbithian Eagle, Ion Claw, Crimson Soarer,)

End of Part 1

Nice 'rumor' Darth Jarize, but I don't think it's true. And if it is, it a bit of a shame really. My exile is DS.

And, what if Revan was DS, is Carth replaced by Cede then?

Anyway, if this is true then I want to be able to choose the Exile to be DS so I can become a Sith.

Master Vandar lives!

My Best Friends Dad works for Lucas Arts & my friend gave me some inside info about k3 & promised me a free copy of the game before it comes out. By the way this game takes place about 3 years after the events in k2.

Part 1 of 2

Anyway here is the current plotline.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

The Jedi Order

It is a time of turmoil in the Republic. The Sith have beaten the republic down to almost collapsing. The Republic has turned to the few jedi left in the galaxy to aid them in the war against the Sith. In return for their assistance the republic will help to rebuild the jedi order. To start the Republic is sending three Republic warships full of young apprentices to the jedi academy to start their training to become jedi...

Cutscene: Main Charector is on the Republic Warship the RED BLUR talking to other soon-to-be jedi while the ship is in hyperspace then out of nowhere the sith pull the three ships out of hyperspace. Then the crew of the ebon hawk comes into the field The crew of the ebon hawk, (The exile, Atton, Bao-Dur, Handmaiden, Dicpicle, Mira, Mandolore, T3-M4, HK-47, GO-TO) Leave Dantooine and arrive at the scene & deploy three people to each of the ships. (This is Random)

Red Blur:

Pretty much you play as your main charector & fight to the bridge of the RED BLUR to find carth talking w/the exile & his/her companions now just fight your way through the sith soliders & assasins. Get to the docking bay to find all of the sith there taking shuttles out to the sith fleet. Then they take off.{One has to wonder what they were doing if not to kill all the young jedi}

Cutscene: Carth has an answer. The republic had put plans on their secret assult on the sith foundry world of Sankaro. Admiral Onasi goes up to the bridge and finds that the plans were stolen. He blabs on about how important the plans were and finishes by saying "Well I'll let the Republic know. But we should continue to Dantooine." Then the exile thanks you for your help & you go up to your room.

Dantooine: You land in 'Khoonda City' (after 3 years the jedi enclave has detroyed again & the Administrtor decided to build a new enclave next to khoonda and make khoonda into a city)

You are automatically transported to the Jedi Audience Chamber. Then the exile starts talking about the path of becoming a jedi, & at the end of his/her speach & says he & the council will meett with all of you (300 Jedi That'll take a while) But for now you go up to your dorm.

You rest & when you wake up you'll find your roomates you can talk to them if you want but you don't have to. Just go to the council chambers the council has requested your presence for the coversation to determain what jedi class you'll be. Answer as you want to no light or dark choices. Then they say that you have already proven yourself to become a Jedi Knight & thus grant you the rank of padawan. Then they tell you to take a few other people with you and assign another padawan to go with you to go to Mirikula to find Visas she was "kidnapped."  (But you can't take the ebon hawk) so they give you a load o' credits to buy your own ship. Leave the enclave &  head  to the downtown of khoonda city go to the other (droid shops if you want to) but basically you head to the ship shop buy one of the three ships there(Carbithian Eagle, Ion Claw, Crimson Soarer,)

End of Part 1

And somehow I don't believe any of this as being true, especially the BF's dad part

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.