KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

No Death Star.  :ermm: Palpatine made the mistake of building a second one, and look what happened to him. I know the Kotors are set long before the films, all I'm saying is the Death Star should be/have been unique.

While they're at it, get rid of swoop bike racing and shooting fighters from the Ebon Hawk. Except for Pazaak, mini-games were lame.

Palpatine also made the mistake of trying to swing Luke, and not trying to kill him.

Had he killed him in the first place, the Death Star would still be living strong.

He also made the mistake of not listening to Admiral Piett

Anyway, a DS in the KOTOR time period would be simply terrible, because it would A: be beating a dead horse and B: possibly ruin some serious continuity

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

They should take character creation notes from Oblivion. Even if you don't like the actual game, you can't deny that the character creation is awesome. With custom face morphing and etc. like on sports games.

it wouldnt be hard in the star wars universe, and just give certain races more efficiency with different skills...altho there are alien jedi, the best of them are humans, at least all the main jedi in the movies have been humans. maybe better gunmen would be rodian or w/e other races and mandelorian for bounty hunters/assassins and etc.

Proper English is nice.

But at least he's not as bad as the hyper, 12 year-old AOL'er

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Hi, i'm new to responding although i have read all the posts i could find - i am not a computer friend- anyway, felt i had to add my two cents:

-first; i completely diagree Revan has to nor should be dark sided post KotoR after playing KotorR II.(This will be a bit of a longer exploration to explain what i am trying to say) If it wasn't for all the fletching out the backgroung story with Kreia about Revan's ture purpose, why s/he turned to the dark side in the first place; Revan's alignment wouldn't really matter, Revan wouldn't really matter. But since such a rich, complex, and detailed layering was added to Revan as a person through uncovering her/his history, suddenly Revan's alignment matters, alot. (personally, i find the notion of Revan being light-sided in a KotoR III more compelling than a dark-sided

Revan, making her/his experiences and personal relationships from KotoR (I) having changed Revan and allowed her/him to grow as a person and make KotoR's cast more significant and make the whole RPG experience more fulfilling. Not that Revan bing dark-sided isn't good as well, even with her/him being free of typical Jedi restraints s/he chose to walk the dark path..) The reason the story is so compelling and carries a resounding significance is because of the more personal aspect of Revan, how the new Revan (ie since her/his memory loss due to near death etc.. in KotoR) developed independantly of her/his upbringing being raised as a Jedi, and being free of the constraints of the Jedi Code and all that comes along with it. Also later through KotoR II, we find out s/he is also free of Kreia and all the other influences previously unknown to the player. KotoR (I) was a stand alone story wherein "all was resolved" if one played light side; the Rep was saved, Revan was redeemed, and the galaxy could start healing from the Mandalorian Wars and the up-until-now unnamed Jedi Civil War which ended with the destruction of the Star Forge and the death of Malak who was the only person strong enough to lead these "not true" Sith. Dark sided Revan; however; was an entirely different story. The "not true" Sith were strenghtened with Revan's retrun, the Republic had lost a very large and important part of its fleet, and the futrue looked very grim...It isn't until KotoR II the resolution to what happens and how did the Republic survive get answered. For even if Revan chose the dark side path, even if s/he hadn't had any memories of why s/he became evil before the events of KotoR, it became clear Revan, even if personally evil in her/his disposition and choices, still believs the galaxy is worth protecting and dying for. I was quite impressed with how KotoR II managed to have both light and dark side possibilities come together in a plausible manner and add such an intence and deep underlayer to KotoR (I). Sure, it lacked a bit with details, but so what? It was good enough. Not only that, with KotoR II, suddenly a whole lot of proviously uncovered depth was revealed about KotoR (I), and i felt that made the first game even better.(Sorry for the redundancy) Which ties in to my previous point; it is through KotoR II that KotoR's depth was revealed, that Revan choosing light or dark became more relevant, that the romantic interests and other side characters became so important and pivotal to KotoR, and as an extention, to Revan and thus the outcome of if the galaxy will be able to survive a "true" Sith onslaught. Revan made the choice (assuming Kreia was telling the truth in her pre-death revelations) as a Jedi to, in essence, sacrifice her/his soul to walk the dark path, the path of personal corruption, with the intent of gaining enough power to unite the galaxy against the "true" Sith menace. So the really compelling question becomes, did Revan make the same decision s/he did before and chose to give-up her/his soul in order to try to fight the big bad on its way, or did Revan change and grow and ultimately chose self-sacrifice in giving-up the promise of love, friendship, happiness, and all that in order to fight the big bad. It makes a huge and significant difference as a reflection on KotoR and KotoR II, and i think is a very important aspect of the potential KotoR III.

-second; i think if there is a KotoR III, it has to be the continuation of the story. I don't see the point in maintaining the title if it doesn't. I feel the story of KotoR and KotoR II are excellent (although KotoR II undoubltedly required more work, more cohesion and consistency, and even if left open for a KotoR III, more of an ending) and require a conclusion. Who can be satisfied with the looming question, which incidentally is a mirror of KotoR's end question (or maybe not incedentally..), how does the Republic (and the galaxy) survive the Sith onslaught? As well, since the one element which binds the two stories together is Revan, what comes of her/him in her/his struggle against the Sith? and the next logical question is how does Exile fare? Then the questions about their friends/followers ensue as well.

-third; as far as plot and such for a KotoR III go, my thoughts are varied as to what i would like to see. But there are certain things i think need to be in the 3rd installment. The most obvious is, (and i have no clue how they'd pull this off...) the "true" Sith's empire in the Unknown Regions, their ideological war, how Revan and Exile are fighting them without machines and this crude matter and without support, how Revan and Exile find eachother "out there", what the left behind allies/followers/friends/loves are doing to help out from the periphery - and if they can actually stay behind. I think Carth, especially if Revan is light side female, would, using his status and power as an admiral, gather the band and go to search for Revan. It also makes sense in his connection to and having actually met with Exile, he would know how to contact her/his allies. Carth did tell the Exile (if Revan was light side male) he thinks Revan failed at his attempt to put a stop to whatever it was he had started. So there is what i would like the next installment to be. The old gang from KotoR and KotoR II going off to find, then save, then join Revan and the Exile in fighting the good fight. Now, before i get told off, i know it would be an enormous task to program all that for all the KotoR light and dark side possibilities, and even more so with KotoR II's myriad of influence affects on top of the light and dark side choices. That is why i stated i haven't a clue how that could be pulled off. But to me, that makes the most sense. It began with Revan, the catalyst for all of this, representing the individual's struggle and being the metaphorical representation of the psyche, the personal. It continued on with Exile, the metaphorical representation of the left over Jedi and the inevitable destiny of all "true Jedi" (for lack of better wording) having to fight the dark menace. So the third should be the battle against this darkness. From the personal and psychological perspective which was told through Revan, the physical and sided (ie Jedi, soldier, war, etc..) perspective which was told through Exile, and bringing them together. Of course there are alot of ideas and possibilities in what could be done and how to do it, but in essence, methinks the continuation of the story is what needs to be told. :ph34r:

I come from a KOTOR I background... haven't played KOTOR II yet, so that colors my wishes down here.

Race selection is ok, but I also will end up playing a human. I feel SW is rather human-centric, despite the gazillion "races" in the game. No interest in playing a Gungan or a Jawa (though Cathars are tempting).

I'd like upgradable Jedi robes.

I'd like that I could use force jump to attack enemies that are *actually* in my line of sight regardless of where they are in the map, and not simply in my sight along a straight, unblocked path (i.e. the path that the toon can walk normally). For example, in my battle with Malak, I had to run up a ramp to a higher level. and then make sure there was an unimpeded walk path between me and him before I could force jump close to him... even though he was in my "line of sight" while I espied him from the lower level, the toon couldn't jump over there.

It would be nice if one could import the last savegame to the new game... not necessarily to replay the old characters, but to let the game "know" the path I took, the relationships between the characters, and the general state of the Republic. It would be a way to preserve the continuity... so if I finished with a LS (or DS) Revan in KOTOR1, the events or dialogues at the beginning of the new game reflects that in some way.

Don't yet know how to take direct quotes from other posters so my paraphreasing will have to do for now... the statement of "it would be nice to have the last save from KotoR go on to KotoR II" would be neat, but i see problems with it. Namely, for those who have played the game through more than once, it could choose the wrong storyline unless the player manually decided which save game KotoR II would read, so i think it is easier to just answer a few questions than to depend on the game getting it right. Also, i don't think (i could be wrong about this..) the Xbox is capable of "thinking" in that way as a pc is.

About your second point regarding force jumps, yeah, it would be great. I had great fun watching Bao-Dur fly through the air to meet an opponent. :D They are using telekinesis anyway, so why can't they do height differentials and all that? But i think that comes down to the inner workings of the game programming. I've noticed in a lot of games, everything has difficulty on an axis other than the straight x-y (ie with bodies laying partially in the ground or in walls and such).

About your second point regarding force jumps, yeah, it would be great. I had great fun watching Bao-Dur fly through the air to meet an opponent.  :D  They are using telekinesis anyway, so why can't they do height differentials and all that? But i think that comes down to the inner workings of the game programming. I've noticed in a lot of games, everything has difficulty on an axis other than the straight x-y (ie with bodies laying partially in the ground or in walls and such).

That's what I thought... assuming they use a new game engine for kotor3, I'd hope they could add capability that into the programming. Wishful thinking, but who knows >_<

I'd also wish for mouselook or some way to look around better. I mean, there were breathtaking vistas in KOTOR1 and I was just grinding my teeth in frustration for not being able to "lift my eyes" as it were and take it all in.... it felt as if I were wearing horse blinkers :-P

I'd also wish for mouselook or some way to look around better. I mean, there were breathtaking vistas in KOTOR1 and I was just grinding my teeth in frustration for not being able to "lift my eyes" as it were and take it all in.... it felt as if I were wearing horse blinkers :-P

Oh do i ever hear you on that one! It was worse in KotoR than in II 'cause in II one could at least look around a bit more, but yikes! It was painful! :thumbsup:

Don't yet know how to take direct quotes from other posters so my paraphreasing will have to do for now... the statement of "it would be nice to have the last save from KotoR go on to KotoR II" would be neat, but i see problems with it. Namely, for those who have  played the game through more than once, it could choose the wrong storyline unless the player manually decided which save game KotoR II would read, so i think it is easier to just answer a few questions than to depend on the game getting it right. Also, i don't think (i could be wrong about this..) the Xbox is capable of "thinking" in that way as a pc is.

About your second point regarding force jumps, yeah, it would be great. I had great fun watching Bao-Dur fly through the air to meet an opponent.  :D  They are using telekinesis anyway, so why can't they do height differentials and all that? But i think that comes down to the inner workings of the game programming. I've noticed in a lot of games, everything has difficulty on an axis other than the straight x-y (ie with bodies laying partially in the ground or in walls and such).

Theres a little button on the bottom-left of each message that reads "Reply". Hit that, and a message automatically pops up with the message you want to relate to. :thumbsup:

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

-first; i completely diagree Revan has to nor should be dark sided post KotoR after playing KotorR II.

Well, I always play Revan as LS (except in one case, when I wanted to see the DS ending), but the question is more what is probable in K3. What I liked in K2 was that the question of Revan's motives was kept ambiguous and so for the player to decice for him- or herself. Why did Revan originally turn to the dark side? Was it bacause s/he was always powerhungry or was it to save the republic from the Mandalorians and then from the true Sith? The answer is never given in the game and so is entirely up to the player - whether Revan is a hero or a villain depends entirely on the perspective you choose for him/her.

But if Revan is to make an appearance in K3 (and I agree that s/he should, and even as a major character), then how do you resolve that? If Revan was DS in K1, then how does s/he become LS in K3? Plotwise I find it much easier to make Revan DS in K3 regardless of previous choices because Kreia has already given us the answer:

Kreia: "You were there at Malachor. Revan's choices were always his own. It was not teaching, or circumstance, or example. It was him. Is that what he was? Or was he always true to himself, no matter what personality he wore?And there is something that the Council may never understand. That perhaps Revan never fell. The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel that Revan understood that difference, more than anyone knew.The galaxy would have fallen if Revan had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the dark lord out of necessity, to prevent a greater evil. I do not believe the Jedi Council changed Revan, as they claimed. They merely stripped away the surface, and allowed the true self to emerge again - someone who was willing to wage war to save others."

Again, whether Kreia was right depends on the player - though Revan does not appear in K2, s/he was still the player's character. And the easiest solution is to let Revan do precisely what Kreia suggests - if Revan was LS in K1, then s/he sacrificed him/herself to the DS to fight the true Sith, and if s/he was DS, then s/he simply wanted the power of the true Sith for him/herself. Seems to me that a big point of K2 was to create an enemy that both LS Revan and DS Revan would share.

-second; i think if there is a KotoR III, it has to be the continuation of the story.

Agreed. We're in the middle of a story that needs closure. To make a K3 that is not a continuation would be like making "Empire Strikes Back" without "Return of the Jedi" following it. In fact, it would be worse, since K2 was slashed horribly by all the cut content, though we'll yet see that restored, no thanks to Lucasarts... :ermm:"

A shame that it will linger in limbo in so, since LA is unlikely to accept the restored content as canon, even if it was originally intended to be in the game :)

-third; as far as plot and such for a KotoR III go, my thoughts are varied as to what i would like to see. But there are certain things i think need to be in the 3rd installment. The most obvious is, (and i have no clue how they'd pull this off...) the "true" Sith's empire in the Unknown Regions, their ideological war, how Revan and Exile are fighting them without machines and this crude matter and without support

This isn't a problem at all. In fact, I'd say that has been planned ever since they began working on K2. Kreia's mentioning of the "true" Sith (who would be the descendants of the fallen Sith Empire ruled by dark lords such as Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, and Ludo Kressh a millennium earlier). I guess the devs/writers needed an enemy that both DS Revan and LS Revan would want to fight, and the descendants of the ancient Sith were conveniently unused since the fall of their empire a millennium earlier. I fully expect that we'll be seeing worlds like Khar Shian, Thule, and almost certainly Ziost.

i think that for the next game there sound be a planet where evil little munchkins fly from the sky and kill everyone and then u have to defeat them...then u have to jump off a cliff in order to win the level but if u jump at the wrong angel u blow up into a million little peices

stealthsig96zx.jpg

i would really like to see kotor 3 be incredibly long with many side quest

starting off i think it would be intersting to have a sort of luke yoda tutorial perhaps have yuor character being trained by one of the speciies of yodas race,

i would enjoy having to fight reven at the end it would really be intersting

i like having a big ship however the ebon hawk is getting old being able to purchase a new ship would be awesome expecially if u get to design how the ship is made

swoop racing ahh it wasnt much fun however being able to race in your ship or in a fast small one with asteriods and enemies after you would be intersting

the lightsabers must be adjusted every npc should have their own personall 1 while the pc should be able to customise it

bigger array of force powers, robes, armor

and the ability to force jump in combat and out of combat

see notes below to distingush between our texts - sorry :)

:luck:

Well, I always play Revan as LS (except in one case, when I wanted to see the DS ending), but the question is more what is probable in K3. What I liked in K2 was that the question of Revan's motives was kept ambiguous and so for the player to decice for him- or herself. Why did Revan originally turn to the dark side? Was it bacause s/he was always powerhungry or was it to save the republic from the Mandalorians and then from the true Sith? The answer is never given in the game and so is entirely up to the player - whether Revan is a hero or a villain depends entirely on the perspective you choose for him/her. :luck:

I also liked Revan's motives were kept ambiguous, and for reasons other than the player can make their own choice. I think Revan would have been saavy enough to manipulate the manipulator, thus, i doubt Kreia really understood Revan. Not to say Kreia wouldn't have known pre-KotoR Revan better than most, it's just that Kreia, as insightful and knowledgeable as she is, still sees things, especially with having to do with Revan and Exile, the Jedi council, and things having to do with the Force with blinders on. Also Revan, in order to get Kreia to reveal all that precious knowlege to her/him, would have had to "charm" Kreia, or cater to her in other words. My take on the whole Revan history is s/he made the conscious choice to sell her/his soul in order to protect the galaxy. I also think Revan, being one of the rare geniuses of her/his time, that rare prodigy extraordinarily gifted in most facets, also lacked a fundamental humanity. S/he gave up "goodness" and a future (in a personal sense. Taking over the galaxy and solidifying a defence against uber-powerful foes doesn't leave room for much else) for the greater good, but Revan her/his self did not possess much ability for passion and all those other makes-a-person-know-they-are-alive kind of things. In esssence, Revan was more intelect than visceral. S/he put all her/his efforts to research, skills development, and such. And this is where i feel KotoR II adds incredible depth and dimention to KotoR; i think Revan's experience post the near-death/mind reprogrammed and having her/his bond with Bastila, and being with people such as Carth (regardless if Revan was male or female - and regardless if people hate Carth. I am refering to their personality traits, things they evoked in Revan, and her/him coming to be able to care for people, and such. Each one filled different roles in Revan's re-education. ie Mission was kinda like a kid sister, Jolee a cantankerous but neat *shhh...mentor*) in a very close-knitt way, and Revan being the greeny (n00b - is that right? n00b? :cool: ) allowed for that growth, to be dependant on the others, and such, thus s/he gains the essence of the humanity s/he lacked as a Jedi. Which brings me to the point... :o rather than Revan turning to the dark side again and going about saving the galaxy through losing her/himself as before, Revan chooses a different path, having her/his past experiences in KotoR and its cast have meaning, purpose, and lasting significance.

:luck: But if Revan is to make an appearance in K3 (and I agree that s/he should, and even as a major character), then how do you resolve that? If Revan was DS in K1, then how does s/he become LS in K3? :luck:

So keeping what i said above in mind, if Revan does revert to DS, than it is again in the vein of self-sacrifice, knowingly giving up her/his humanity again in order to save the galaxy. If Revan is LS, than s/he decided to go fight the menace alone so as not to inflict that on those she cares aabout/loves. So with these in mind, Revan'll be in the same place, doing the same things, for different reasons. I guess it does require forcing (punny :D ) Revan to have more depth as a character than what the DS pre-Leviathan/Rakata homeworld had (from a players point of view), but Kreia has done that already in the quote you put down here. How sweet is it when things just flow?

:luck: Plotwise I find it much easier to make Revan DS in K3 regardless of previous choices because Kreia has already given us the answer:

Kreia: "You were there at Malachor. Revan's choices were always his own. It was not teaching, or circumstance, or example. It was him. Is that what he was? Or was he always true to himself, no matter what personality he wore?And there is something that the Council may never understand. That perhaps Revan never fell. The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel that Revan understood that difference, more than anyone knew.The galaxy would have fallen if Revan had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the dark lord out of necessity, to prevent a greater evil. I do not believe the Jedi Council changed Revan, as they claimed. They merely stripped away the surface, and allowed the true self to emerge again - someone who was willing to wage war to save others." :luck:

I actually think the Jedi Council freed Revan's mind, so in every sense, Kreia is right. The difference now lies in how Revan's experiences during KotoR change her/him which determines what path Revan will take.

:luck: Again, whether Kreia was right depends on the player - though Revan does not appear in K2, s/he was still the player's character. And the easiest solution is to let Revan do precisely what Kreia suggests - if Revan was LS in K1, then s/he sacrificed him/herself to the DS to fight the true Sith, and if s/he was DS, then s/he simply wanted the power of the true Sith for him/herself. Seems to me that a big point of K2 was to create an enemy that both LS Revan and DS Revan would share. :luck:

I also think there is the option of Revan being DS evil and corrupted, just not in the typical Sith "i want personal power" way. The pre-KotoR Revan could only see allies as tools (conjecture, i know. Just what i think) and sacrificed much of her/himself to advance the goal of stopping the "true" Sith onslaught. If that meant tactically planning the destruction of worlds, of i-don't-know-how-many (hundreds of?) thousands of not only soldiers but innocents, then so be it. Revan brought it down to a question of numbers. So if that can be an accepted interpretation of Revan's past motives, than there is cohesion in Revan's actions as both DS/LS for KotoR III

-third; as far as plot and such for a KotoR III go, my thoughts are varied as to what i would like to see. But there are certain things i think need to be in the 3rd installment. The most obvious is, (and i have no clue how they'd pull this off...) the "true" Sith's empire in the Unknown Regions, their ideological war, how Revan and Exile are fighting them without machines and this crude matter and without support

This isn't a problem at all. In fact, I'd say that has been planned ever since they began working on K2. Kreia's mentioning of the "true" Sith (who would be the descendants of the fallen Sith Empire ruled by dark lords such as Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, and Ludo Kressh a millennium earlier). I guess the devs/writers needed an enemy that both DS Revan and LS Revan would want to fight, and the descendants of the ancient Sith were conveniently unused since the fall of their empire a millennium earlier. I fully expect that we'll be seeing worlds like Khar Shian, Thule, and almost certainly Ziost.

I thought Kreia said Revan left the ship, the droids, and all of that behind because they would not be needed since this was a fight of belief. She stated these trappings, such a droids, ships, and soldiers even are just things against which we test ourselves. So if that is the case in this war against the real Sith, obviously it is about the Force, about strength of will and beleif, and all that. How do they put that into a game?

:blink: i can't make the grey scaling quoting thing work. i'm sorry. But eventhough it is more difficult to follow, the lovely

thingies show where the grey-scaling would be... :"> Decided to add clovers ( :luck: ) to distinguish Jediphile's text from mine

Revan was obviously desicive and a good strategist, but lets keep him/her human please. Perhaps Revan thought he/she was doing the right thing, but obviously those intentions became corrupted after the mandalorian wars. I resent trying to make Revan the 'Perfect Character', It makes him/her a lot less interesting.

The logic that Kreia said Revan used is the logic most real world dictators used. The logic is very simple, there is nothing genious about it.

Now to the true sith. I really hope that the true sith is not some huge army of aliens just waiting to atack. It is just lame. And makes the whole idea of Revan going there to fight them single handedly rather silly.

A lot of what Kreia sais can be taken metaphorically. Like: 'Sith is an idea'. So really 'True Sith Empire' can be interpreted in many ways.

:)

Revan was obviously desicive and a good strategist, but lets keep him/her human please. Perhaps Revan thought he/she was doing the right thing, but obviously those intentions became corrupted after the mandalorian wars. I resent trying to make Revan the 'Perfect Character', It makes him/her a lot less interesting. :luck:

Although it may not sound like it, i agree with not making characters over-the-top uber-powerful can't be stopped types. I assume Revan is a super-genius only because of the things Kreia said, and because when i thought of the actual thought and work that must have been put in by Revan to intentionally make battles of the Mandalorian Wars scale to turn out certain ways and still look as though s/he was still fighting for the sake of the Republic while being corrupted and no one noticed... wow. Just the sheer magnitude of all Revan had to come up with in her/his head is overwhelming. Also, i think Revan's power had more to do with the mind than an ability to swing a lightsaber. I also think Revan was flawed, which is more pronounced in contrast to Revan's genius.

:luck: Now to the true sith. I really hope that the true sith is not some huge army of aliens just waiting to atack. It is just lame. And makes the whole idea of Revan going there to fight them single handedly rather silly. :luck:

:) absolutely. It would be a crying shame if that is what was made, were it made. Not being sarcatic, by the way.

:luck: A lot of what Kreia sais can be taken metaphorically. Like: 'Sith is an idea'. So really 'True Sith Empire' can be interpreted in many ways. :luck:

so here is my question about that... what does (paraphrasing) "the Sith.. the true Sith is an belief" mean in a concrete way? Usually, in wars of belief, things end up being a "shoot the messenger and not the message" kind of deal.

Why isn't the greying quoted text working? Nyah, frustration :huh: i am a computer dork :lol: back to the clover to distinguish the two texts...

Edited by Hekate