KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

and another thing (sorry if im cloggin this board up :D) people have been saying how the new main character in K3 should meet revan and the exile, how could that happen if the choice is up to the player in the first two games? it would take more than one disc to make that happen considering you would have to do that whole "building the past" scenario like you did with Atton on peragus or maybe the creatures can go with the canonical scenarios...or maybe im just a moron haha, just putting it out there

Edited by Serge1589

and another thing (sorry if im cloggin this board up :D) people have been saying how the new main character in K3 should meet revan and the exile, how could that happen if the choice is up to the player in the first two games? it would take more than one disc to make that happen considering you would have to do that whole "building the past" scenario like you did with Atton on peragus or maybe the creatures can go with the canonical scenarios...or maybe im just a moron haha, just putting it out there

Well a blu ray could do it no problem. But I still don't think it's worth the work involved.

The largest problem as I see it in making KOTOR III too close to the events in the other games is that you will alienate anyone knew to the series who wont have the same connections to the characters.

In KOTOR II for example it didnt matter if you knew who Revan was or not. It made no particular difference to how the game played out.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

yea, they are probably pulling a chronocross, waiting twenty years, biding their time to make a sequel, meanwhile when it comes out the original fans are either dead or senile, and the new generation of gamers looks at it and go "HAHA thats funny" alas, that could very well be the fate of Kotor 3...

I think this is more likely to be the fate of K4 than K3. It seems obvious to me that K2 needs a K3 to finish off the ongoing plot development, so there really is no reason to delay storywise, since the current plot needs resolution and closure.

But KotOR is likely to go on, and where a K4 game would go really is anyone's guess.

But KotOR is likely to go on, and where a K4 game would go really is anyone's guess.

I think this could be a multititle franchise a la Final Fantasy if they keep the stories and the characters really interesting and don't flirt too much with trying to make this something it is not (i.e. Jedi Knight).

However, if there is a K4 they need to sit down and decide whether it is a stand-alone story or the first part of a trilogy before they do anything with it.

Probably the best bet would be Mass Effect style....go ahead and map out the whole trilogy and pace the games accordingly.

They can't just keep "leaving room"...that is soap opera and death for this kind of game.

You can't even remember you made that term up?

I did? hmmmm I kinda remembers. Of course the "old times" when we all used to post and post and post before kotor II's time. :huh:

Well I suppose you remember Master Jedi, your old boyfriend haha.

Master Jedi? yes i remember him, lol. But he wasn't my B/F. By the way how did you know him? :blink:

I forget so easily.

OMG, you can't even remember that I sent you the K2 soundtrack before the game was even released in Australia?

yea, they are probably pulling a chronocross, waiting twenty years, biding their time to make a sequel, meanwhile when it comes out the original fans are either dead or senile, and the new generation of gamers looks at it and go "HAHA thats funny" alas, that could very well be the fate of Kotor 3...

I think this is more likely to be the fate of K4 than K3. It seems obvious to me that K2 needs a K3 to finish off the ongoing plot development, so there really is no reason to delay storywise, since the current plot needs resolution and closure.

I believe that I can say this and being in the majority - If Knights of the Old Republic III doesn't end the story, there will be millions upon millions of dissapointed fans. Am I wrong?

If there is to be a KotOR 4, I hope it is an entirely different story. At the moment, KotOR 3 hasn't been released.

Sidenote:

Are people basing a KotOR 3 on KotOR 2's ending? I thought that Kreia put closure on everything in KotOR 2. Oh well...

It had no ending. The credits just rolled and everyone sat in front of their PCs saying "WTF?"

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

We may not see a direct continuation. If we ever do learn the fates of the exile and Revan it may well be through dialogue with other characters, a Jedi chronicler for instance. I don't think we could ever 'meet' them as such or that if we do they'll be given actual depth, a voice, a face even... nothing.

What about this idea:

What if the thing that Revan left the Galaxy looking for wasn't actually a horde of Sith, but a Sith artifact? I had this idea last night that wouldn't entirley fit with my Secret of the Savartii storyline but it would still be cool:

Revan has heard of an artifact called the Mask of Nihulus, a powerful midichlorian amplifying device that is imbued with the spirits of the thousands of dead Sith who once wore it, and passes on its immense power and darkness to the next user. Pretty much the entire wisdom of the Sith is contained within it, and they who wear it will cease to exist as a person and simply become a conduit of power for the long-extinguished Sith race. In this way, the Sith has survived through an artifact, a Mask who turns each wearer into Darth Nihulus, Harbinger of Destruction who will bring about the rebirth of the Sith. Revan has gone looking for it, but unbeknowest to Revan, the one known as Darth Nihulus came to Telos, seeking to destroy what he percieved to be the Last of the Jedi, but was struck down by the one known as the Jedi Exile, who now took the Mask and now wears it him/herself. The Jedi then left in search of Revan, believing Revan to know the whereabouts of the remenants of the Sith race, but eventually the Exile is driven into darkness by the Mask and becomes yet another Darth Nihulus reborn, more powerful than ever. And the ensuing cat and mouse chase that will take place between former Master and Apprentice will shake the foundations of the very Galaxy...

come to think of it I prolly will incorporate this somehow into my storyline, it seems to good to waste...

btw. if ur interested in reading it then you can check out the updates I've made here: http://forums.filefront.com/forumdisplay.php?f=999

cheers!

spiderspag

I believe that I can say this and being in the majority - If Knights of the Old Republic III doesn't end the story, there will be millions upon millions of dissapointed fans. Am I wrong?

Yes.

you are vastly overestimating both it's popularity and how many people who actually bought the games are "fans".

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

this aint really an idea but dont u think that it'll be a bit mean if they make all this hype for kotor 3 and it doesn't get made imagine all the dissapointed peple spamming and flaming this site lol... i for one hope they make it i love kotor 1 and 2 and would love to find out about this sith reven went after or get the chance to be in a huge land battle sorta like what you saw in attack of the clones

some nice person was nice enough to pass this on to me. I don't know if this has been posted already or not.

Also, staying on the subject of deals, has LucasArts approached you to develop Knights of the Old Republic III?

We have been in talks with LucasArts to do KOTOR3 since August 2004 and we'd had hopes to start on it after KOTOR2. LucasArts are currently thinking about it, but we'd be really happy to do KOTOR3 if that's what LucasArts wants.

But nothing's been set in stone?

No.

linkie

http://www.totalvideogames.com/articles/Ne..._0_0_80_100.htm

Edited by Bastilla_Skywalker

You can't even remember you made that term up?

I did? hmmmm I kinda remembers. Of course the "old times" when we all used to post and post and post before kotor II's time. :lol:

Well I suppose you remember Master Jedi, your old boyfriend haha.

Master Jedi? yes i remember him, lol. But he wasn't my B/F. By the way how did you know him? :wacko:

I forget so easily.

OMG, you can't even remember that I sent you the K2 soundtrack before the game was even released in Australia?

nope I've forgotton totally. oops :blink:

I really think that giving the PC a surname, rather than a first name, "darth name", or "placeholder name" is the ticket to much more flexibility.

if you have three games in which you place "Padawan Stargazer" then each player can decide for himself whether that Padawan Stargazer is the same character as in the previous game or a different person, such as a son or cousin, etc.

but this would still allow for a lot of in-game backstory (about how your family is from such-and-such planet, are all Force Sensitive, etc).

What about this idea:

What if the thing that Revan left the Galaxy looking for wasn't actually a horde of Sith, but a Sith artifact?

There are several problems with this idea, the least of which is that I wouldn't like to see K3 based on it.

First, why would Revan go and look for the mask if he ended up as LS in K1? If the mask is all there is, then there is really is no danger to the republic that he needs to go and confront.

Second, you seem to assume that the original Sith species is somehow powerful in the force. That is not the case. Indeed, the outcast dark jedi became the Sith masters because they were far more powerful than the Sith species and enslaved them. If anyone had such ancient mystical secrets, it would be the original dark jedi outcasts, not the original sith species.

Third, the jedi masters on Dantooine tells the Exile that somehow the new sith (meaning Nihilus) learned his abilities from the Exile. There is a connection there that cannot be ignored. Nihilus' origin is tied to the Exile, not to some Sith artifact.

"The Sith are a threat, it is true. But the threat they present... it is tied to you in some way. The echo we have felt on the worlds we have walked - we have encountered it only once before, when you stood before us at your trial.We believe that somehow, you are creating this - or that the Sith have learned this technique from you."

They made it sound like the LS Exile should have committed suicide

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

They made it sound like the LS Exile should have committed suicide

Maybe so, but I think it's more appropriate to say that they feared the Exile or at least his ability to wound the force.

I also think the quotation above (from the meeting with the masters on Dantooine) ties in with something Kreia says, when you ask her about the Sith Lords and get to Nihilus:

Kreia: "It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves... it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes.It cannot be taught... it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand."

Now, isn't this *exactly* what happened to the Exile on Malachor V?

Kreia: "Yes. And he fed upon its destruction - it will sustain him, for a time.Because it is not something that can ever truly be controlled... and it leaves nothing to conquer in its wake.And it rules him, not the other way around. It has its own will, its own instincts. {Chiding}"Power? Do you think so?{Shakes head}You would be wrong. There is no strength in the hunger he possesses... and the will behind his power is a primal thing. And it devours him as he devours others - his mere presence kills all around him, slowly, feeding him. He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls."

Again, feeding of others and "devouring" them... Isn't that *precisely* what the Exile can do?

That's what the Council would have him believe, but in fact the Exile severed himself from the Force to protect himself from the destruction that was wrought upon Malachor V and all the Jedi there. He was able to exert his influence over others, but fed off nothing. In the end, the Exile healed the wound in the Force within himself just before he left in search of Revan.

I would want to take out a party of either 4 or 5 characters and the levels should be much larger and harder to accompany this. Also the Cargo Hold on the Ebon Hawk should have all your supplies, which before you go out, you have to decided what to take out - limit the amount anyone character can carry at one time.

I also want the ability to put helmets and hoods on when equiping the armour to the characters, making it more 'realistic' - and the ability to remove the jedi cloak when about to duel.

Better character interaction - that mean allowing the characters moving around on the Ebon Hawk while in hyperspace, which hyperspace should be played out and not just what happens between the load allowing more time to getting to know your character and explore the ship aswell as training them all.

Ability to control which ever one your character you like on board the Ebon Hawk, not just your main one. Aswell as ability to access the gun turret within the ship during non-combat moments (chance to upgrade or train with in - making the turret harder to use), ability to get on top of the Ebon Hawk when in a dock and ability to use all item's - such as the medical bed around the ship and being able to fly the Ebon Hawk.

Access to all ships computers all over the Ebon Hawk is a must aswell as chance to upgrade the ship. More ability in levels to explore every part and make the levels alot larger - perhaps the whole planet. Custom build your lightsaber hilt.

Characters I would like to be there:

Atton Rand

HK-47

T3-M3

Carth Onasi

Visas Marr

Hanharr

Zaalbar

HK-51

Mandalore or a Mandalorian Soldier.

Things that should be included in the storyline:

Missing plot from KOTOR 2, HK Manufacturing Plant where you and HK-47 manage to persuade HK-51 a to come with you. This should be at the start.

Things that should be included in the storyline:

Missing plot from KOTOR 2, HK Manufacturing Plant  where you and HK-47 manage to persuade HK-51 a to come with you. This should be at the start.

TSLRP is for that

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

That's what the Council would have him believe, but in fact the Exile severed himself from the Force to protect himself from the destruction that was wrought upon Malachor V and all the Jedi there.

Yes, but that doesn't make the masters' conclusions untrue.

Remember that the masters also say: "When we felt Katarr die, there is something we felt, something we'd felt once before. An echo in the Force.We'd felt it before when you stood before us. Whatever this threat, whatever this hunger is, it is something tied to you, something you have experienced directly. This echo travels in the places where death has walked, where planets have died. Massacres fuel its power, the death of life fuels it."

It's true that the Exile cut himself off from the force, but it was the act of doing so that created the force wound in the first place. Remember that the Exile went back to the council afterwards, so that is what they experienced at that point.

He was able to exert his influence over others, but fed off nothing.

On the contrary. The Exile admits himself that his connection to others is only throug the force that he can "drain" off others through his force bonds with them.

In the end, the Exile healed the wound in the Force within himself just before he left in search of Revan.

That's pure speculation. I happen to agree with it, but there is no basis for concluding it as a matter of fact. It is never said or even implied in the game.

One way you could encourage the "taking off" of cloaks etc. during battle is by introducing an Agility score. This would also allow Force Users to wear heavy armour- it would not impede Force usage (except with Mandalorian armour and some Sith Soldier armour) but simply decrease your ability to move quickly and perform acrobatics, as well as hand-to-hand combat. This would also make the Echani custom of fighting in the bare essentials make a little more sense as well...

By the way on the Council's accusations that the Exile's "wound" was somehow responsible for Nihulus was simply evidence that they were scared of the fact they had no idea how or why the Exile was able to "cut himself off" from the Force, or what exactly the "wound" was anyway, as well as how he could still weild and feel the Force whilst having it cut off from him. So they just figured it meant something bad.

Edited by spiderspag