KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I don't know... Bounty-hunting doesn't seem particularly well suited to a plot-driven game, somehow. And whatever K3 becomes (if it becomes anything), I want primary focus to be on the plot and the characterization of the main characters. Everything else is secondary to that IMHO.

a story-based game will definitely have a "yellow brick road" but I like it when the yellow brick road forks into a gold one and a beige one for a few hours. it ultimately comes back together though.

a story-based game will definitely have a "yellow brick road" but I like it when the yellow brick road forks into a gold one and a beige one for a few hours.  it ultimately comes back together though.

It depends entirely on how it's done. If it's side-quests like in K1 and K2, then fine, but some people give me the impression they want a bounty hunter game, which I don't. I want K3 to be a resolution to the plot we've seen develop over the last two games. Closure for Revan and Exile is a must, and so they must be central to the plot, even if they don't participate much.

It depends entirely on how it's done. If it's side-quests like in K1 and K2, then fine, but some people give me the impression they want a bounty hunter game, which I don't. I want K3 to be a resolution to the plot we've seen develop over the last two games. Closure for Revan and Exile is a must, and so they must be central to the plot, even if they don't participate much.

Concur on all counts ... I think a Bounty Hunter role playing game would be an interesting experience, but it is far more important to resolve the KoTOR story.

Maybe it could be included in redeveloping the story, but I agree, the Revan/Exile/Unknown Regions/True Sith story is first and foremost

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Obsidi...9640_5665_0.htm

Obsidian On Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic 3

We'd be happy to do KOTOR3 if that's what LucasArts wants us to do...

Speaking to TVG about the in-development NeverWinter Nights 2, Obsidian's Feargus Urquhart was also happy to discuss with TVG the current "will it/won't it" situation surrounding LucasArts Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3.

"We have been talking with LucasArts to do KOTOR3 since August 2004 and we hoped to do it since KOTOR2 was done. LucasArts is thinking what they want to do with it and we would happily make KOTOR3, if that's what LucasArts wants to do."

So it seems ideas are on the table, whether or not LucasArts will conclude this trilogy faster than they do with others, however, remains to be seen.

We'll have the full interview with Urquhart soon...

Speaking from a financial POW, where's the reason NOT to do it? KotOR II has already sold 1.5 million worldwide (The Xbox version, PC is still unknown) and Lucasarts has a developer that would more than anything do it in an instant.

???

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Please feel free to contribute to the ongoing discussion. There is a lot of interest in this topic and keeping input centralised and presented in a clear and articulate manner will have more impact and influence than posting to the contrary :devil:

Please do not post if you do not have anything constructive to add. There are new members arriving all of the time - so post with respect and in a constructive nature. If you do not, I will act as though the intent is to SPAM!

I am well aware that there is no perfect solution for those who have been members for a long time and who find this ongoing discussion problematic - to say the least. I know that K3 threads are touchy items for you trollish denizens - to be specific - but do remember this may be a new topic for people who arrive in our community. So I would ... no I expect respectful treatment. If you do not want to talk about K3 - THEN DO NOT POST! Treat anyone - especially those new travellers from out Cyberway - without courtesy and hospitality makes the Big Green ornery ...

See previous threads:

I would like if you can play as the exile again. But getting non-human npc's. Like ithorians.

Looks like KotORIII is getting cancelled before even getting announced:

Canadian videogame developer BioWare Corp. has today announced the cancellation of one of its upcoming unannounced projects, an unnamed sequel to the best selling Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series that was in production for both PC and the Xbox 360 Videogame System from Microsoft Corp. The game was previously on track for a Holiday 2006 release by publisher LucasArts EC.

Link

Please feel free to contribute to the ongoing discussion. There is a lot of interest in this topic and keeping input centralised and presented in a clear and articulate manner will have more impact and influence than posting to the contrary :)

Please do not post if you do not have anything constructive to add. There are new members arriving all of the time - so post with respect and in a constructive nature. If you do not, I will act as though the intent is to SPAM!

I am well aware that there is no perfect solution for those who have been members for a long time and who find this ongoing discussion problematic - to say the least. I know that K3 threads are touchy items for you trollish denizens - to be specific - but do remember this may be a new topic for people who arrive in our community. So I would ... no I expect respectful treatment. If you do not want to talk about K3 - THEN DO NOT POST! Treat anyone - especially those new travellers from out Cyberway - without courtesy and hospitality makes the Big Green ornery ...

See previous threads:

I would like if you can play as the exile again. But getting non-human npc's. Like ithorians.

You should be able to play as that ugly 2 headed thing in the cantina. Make him the star.

Not even I would believe a rumour that surfaced today.

Rumours. >_<

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Looks like KotORIII is getting cancelled before even getting announced:
Canadian videogame developer BioWare Corp. has today announced the cancellation of one of its upcoming unannounced projects, an unnamed sequel to the best selling Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series that was in production for both PC and the Xbox 360 Videogame System from Microsoft Corp. The game was previously on track for a Holiday 2006 release by publisher LucasArts EC.

Link

Two words:

Nice Try

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I just had to back comment on this...

All the weapons of Boba Fett and anyone from the movies is 4000 years after KotOR. It's not unreasonable to except the technology to have advanced in between, and that it is therefore more limited in KotOR games.

Aside from ship and armor variations, if it took 4000 years to design flame throwers and jet packs....then it is very unreasonable

Especially in comparison to, oh I don't know...STEALTH GENERATORS.

wookiedance.gif