KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Please feel free to contribute to the ongoing discussion. There is a lot of interest in this topic and keeping input centralised and presented in a clear and articulate manner will have more impact and influence than posting to the contrary :)

Please do not post if you do not have anything constructive to add. There are new members arriving all of the time - so post with respect and in a constructive nature. If you do not, I will act as though the intent is to SPAM!

I am well aware that there is no perfect solution for those who have been members for a long time and who find this ongoing discussion problematic - to say the least. I know that K3 threads are touchy items for you trollish denizens - to be specific - but do remember this may be a new topic for people who arrive in our community. So I would ... no I expect respectful treatment. If you do not want to talk about K3 - THEN DO NOT POST! Treat anyone - especially those new travellers from out Cyberway - without courtesy and hospitality makes the Big Green ornery ...

See previous threads:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I want non human options for the main character.

Nah, being human is fine, but having more customisable options on the PC's appearence will be nice. Not something crucial, but still nice.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I want non human options for the main character.

Nah, being human is fine, but having more customisable options on the PC's appearence will be nice. Not something crucial, but still nice.

If being human is a forced choice, then I want it to be tied to the pc's background. I mean, there is no particular reason why the Exile couldn't have been an alien, as far as I can tell, so there was no point in forcing it. I'll accept it if there is good reason, though.

This is off topic and I apologize, but I have to say this, I don't know why Fionavar keeps starting up these threads.

Maybe its so all the K3 people have one central place to talk as much as they want to in hopes that their chatter will be useful and not clutter up the whole board.

Alright, I want HK-47 back, some new proper good looking male heads (models) and a complete story.

It's to keep things centralized.

Please feel free to contribute to the ongoing discussion. There is a lot of interest in this topic and keeping input centralised and presented in a clear and articulate manner will have more impact and influence than posting to the contrary

If being human is a forced choice, then I want it to be tied to the pc's background. I mean, there is no particular reason why the Exile couldn't have been an alien, as far as I can tell, so there was no point in forcing it. I'll accept it if there is good reason, though.

exactly. I mean, if they wanted to use bloodlines (your father, uncle, etc was a force sensitive/Jedi/fallen Jedi/etc) as backstory, then fine. but if your genetic makeup has NO BEARING on the story/backstory, then it is simply not excusable to not have that choice.

Jedi Academy allows you to play a non-human as PC. It is probably the first Jedi game to do so.

I want to be "able" to get arrested and go to jail.

If I use a banned weapon such as a disrupter rifle, then I want there to be a chance that I will be confronted by the police about it.

perhaps on a world like Nar Shadda, I would have the option to bribe my way out of trouble, etc....

more "Calo Nord" enemies...in other words, foes that you defeated but did not kill and who appear when you least expect it.

more and better waylay attempts...foes that will regroup and reattack on other worlds if it makes sense to do so.

and more overall non-lethal solutions for the LS player.

and at least 1 in-space boarding scenario.

exactly. I mean, if they wanted to use bloodlines (your father, uncle, etc was a force sensitive/Jedi/fallen Jedi/etc) as backstory, then fine. but if your genetic makeup has NO BEARING on the story/backstory, then it is simply not excusable to not have that choice.

Jedi Academy allows you to play a non-human as PC. It is probably the first Jedi game to do so.

Well it's not like the devs weren't rushed or anything. I'm sure they had all kinds of time, once the majority of the game was complete, and the majority of bugs were found and eradicated, to devote to giving us non-human choices for the Exile. :thumbsup:

Having said that, if it's feasible, then yes I'd like the option to play a non-human protagonist in K3 as well. But who knows, depending on how big a part the Exile plays in K3 we may find out more about her backstory then.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Agreed! Seeing the non-human Jedis and Darth Maul of course, in Episodes 1-3 was pretty cool, I thought. But I dunno, unless the alien races have some affinity for the Force that humans don't, I wonder at the value of it, except to look cool.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

*cringes*