New Oblivion Review - 93%

Llyranor

I really only trust Computer Gaming World, but every review is honest if you read carefully. Game companies will always try and endear themselves to reviewers, and you can usually tell how affected someone is by that.

No more than you, since you mentioned Lou before I did.

no your "free Lou Gutman" topic...

_________________________________________-

now, back on topic...

I really only trust Computer Gaming World, but every review is honest if you read carefully. Game companies will always try and endear themselves to reviewers, and you can usually tell how affected someone is by that.

I also think you should be a little sceptical when it comes to reviews...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Just trying to figure out why some people are so bothered by certain things, and I am not.

Because you are a different person and as such approach things differently.

That'll be 10

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Jeez.  That's such a boring answer.  WHere did you get your license?

If you were expecting any other kind of reply from such a self-explanatory statement, then you'll have to look elsewhere. If you want to find out why some people favor one over the other I'm sure someone will be more than happy to satisfy your curiosity; I would do it if I wasn't pretty bored of having the same discussion time and again. But outright stating you aren't bothered by it doesn't really beg for much for discussion since your mind is apparently set.

Might as well get it now if you're going to end up getting it anyway. ;)

All games have bugs, so it's nothing new ;)

That's what I figgured as well...

(I like getting games as soon as they comes out, so I often end up pre-ordering...)

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Might as well get it now if you're going to end up getting it anyway. ;)

All games have bugs, so it's nothing new ;)

That is if you get it for the PC.

For X-box I would watch a while... since these bugs cannot be fixed (MS with their no patches by live rule etc.) what probably means all the bonus packs will get features like "less crashes... less quest-stopping glitches and no longer a 0 weight when you still carry 15 heavy harnasses...

Hehe, bonus packs. Console versions tend to be a bit more stable anyways though, since the hardware is all the same. I'm sure our local Bethesda rep. can correct me, but I think the console and PC versions are developed simultaneously, but they aren't exact replicas.

I've had a few Xbox 360 games go through a game "update" the first time I played them. I don't know if this is a patch, but MS needs to make this easier to do. Why else have my 360 on my network?

I was just looking over the gameplay section of the FAQ again and really, if even most of the stuff in the FAQ is accurate and well-implemented, this will be one of the best single-player crpgs ever.

FOr those who are actually interested:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.p...5entry3495765

I am sewriously thinking abot buying it the day of release again.

*twitches*

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I really only trust Computer Gaming World, but every review is honest if you read carefully.  Game companies will always try and endear themselves to reviewers, and you can usually tell how affected someone is by that.

Gamespot are pretty harsh like CGW, but they tend to over-rate the sport titles from time to time.

Edge magazine has really good, indepth reviews and is very harsh aswell. Only 5 games have achieved 10/10 through it's lifetime + it has best layout and articles aswell.

If Edge gives Oblivion a score higher than 7/10, then i will definately buy it.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You have to realize that Edge is reaching a certain audience, and an RPG might not be suited for that group.

Well, they gave KotOR 9/10 :thumbsup:"

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy