Why was this game rushed?

Makes me want to wonder how can you get an already working engine, delete NEW_ITEMS option from it, f**k up the AI so it won't listen to your orders unless you leave it at "Agressive" and do terrible skyboxes like Restoration Zone and Nar Shaddaa plus add a couple of ugly looking one hand saber animations (like the bow+hit right single blade or the Z flurry).

Well, the short version that Lucasarts own Star Wars, Obsidian doesn't, so whatever LA says goes, even if cutting the game to pieces. I think it's even been mentioned that Obsidian was even a little ahead of schedule, and so LA saw an opportunity for an early christmas release for the Xbox... :lol:

Bioware may not take crap, but they would have had to in case of Star Wars, which is probably why they stayed away from K2.

Well, the short version that Lucasarts own Star Wars, Obsidian doesn't, so whatever LA says goes, even if cutting the game to pieces. I think it's even been mentioned that Obsidian was even a little ahead of schedule, and so LA saw an opportunity for an early christmas release for the Xbox... :)

Bioware may not take crap, but they would have had to in case of Star Wars, which is probably why they stayed away from K2.

Uh...actually I just used that as an example of what might've happened. :p

What is more frustrating is that one's it got out, the only things we got are two patches, one game patch and one media patch to solve just a few problems among a huge list.

One game which I also play is X3:Reunion. This game was build in two years and it was rushed too. But at least that company (Egosoft) does it's best to solve a lot of bugs, and they have released 1.1 / 1.2 / 1.2a and now 1.3.

That's how you build markets!

Problem with X-games is off course that you don't have many customers. Something you will have with any Star Wars title and Kotor for certain.

And if you let down a few customers when you don't have many...........

Master Vandar lives!

Huge list of bugs is abit of an under estiment. The bug list is to the size that graphical and sound glitchs are treated as jokes or points of humer..where other titles they would be listed as bugs with the rest of the list. Cut content is of it's own list..what worse abotu this cut content is they left bits of it ingame to cause people to activily look for and question about. Properly cut content would not bring up these investigations.

The list of bugs that I know of contain: continuity issues, equiping issues, uncompleable quests, leveling up issues, encounter issues, cut scene activation, cut scene deactivation, hardware compatiblty, typos, AI envroment interaction, AI player interaction, a few others I can't think of at the moment.

The issue isn't the cut-content but the fact that parts and hints of it were left in spering an investigation of such matters and the hunt for more content that was left in the shipped files but not placed in game. If these parts and hints were not there, such spering would not have acored and the game would have felt less broken.

Some things get cut for time or it may not really be necessary to further along the story these things I understand. When they cut out things because they are being rushed that is unacceptable and it's the publishers fault for the game being lacking. Thankfully this Restoration Project will make K2 a more complete game.

although k3 will probabally be out by the time they both finish :p and i bet k3 will suck, be a disapointment and cutted -_- (sequals always are)

Nope, remember ESB

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

What is more frustrating is that one's it got out, the only things we got are two patches, one game patch and one media patch to solve just a few problems among a huge list.

One game which I also play is X3:Reunion. This game was build in two years and it was rushed too. But at least that company (Egosoft) does it's best to solve a lot of bugs, and they have released 1.1 / 1.2 / 1.2a and now 1.3.

That's how you build markets!

Problem with X-games is off course that you don't have many customers. Something you will have with any Star Wars title and Kotor for certain.

And if you let down a few customers when you don't have many...........

Some things get cut for time or it may not really be necessary to further along the story these things I understand. When they cut out things because they are being rushed that is unacceptable and it's the publishers fault for the game being lacking. Thankfully this Restoration Project will make K2 a more complete game.

bugs dont bother me much, but an uncompleted story is worse <_<

I agree with all the above. I'd be happy with a KotOR II Gold or Platinum Edition with this big ass patch that fixes everything and puts everything back in. I just cant believe Lucasarts would allow this to happen. I mean any sequel is supposed to live up to the original, so an extra 6 months or year would've made this game make us go "KotOR 1? Jolee who? I was Revan? huh? :D "