Atton a Jedi?

Every time I play KOTOR II, I never train Atton to become a Jedi, I don't feel he deserves to become a Jedi. When you uncover his past, you find out that he has done some horrible things and that he is generally unrepentent about it, therefore I never train him as a Jedi, because I do not think he is worthy of the privilage. What do all of you think?

Jesus Loves Us All

No one is beyond redemption.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

A Jedi knows how to forgive.

If you can't do that, maybe you're not worthy of being a Jedi. :)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Every time I play KOTOR II, I never train Atton to become a Jedi, I don't feel he deserves to become a Jedi.  When you uncover his past, you find out that he has done some horrible things and that he is generally unrepentent about it, therefore I never train him as a Jedi, because I do not think he is worthy of the privilage.  What do all of you think?

The jedi are a dying breed in the K2 chapter of Star Wars, so you could look at it this way: Do the jedi deserve to die out because Atton did some horrible things in the past?

As for redemption, I don't quite agree with you. Atton does repent, but he can never admit that to the Exile or any other jedi. He thinks of jedi as fairly arrogant, though not as evil as the sith, and he has good reason to.

Finally, the jedi he killed gave her life to save his. She saw his potential and wanted him to live, despite what he had done to her. If she will not condemn him, how can we? Should her sacrifice and her wishes be in vain, just because the Exile is horrified by Atton's past?

If someone is strong enough then they deserve it. Because he has committed such horrors in the past he understands what pain and suffering is all about, which is really the fundamental basis of the Jedi and the Sith: the Jedi prevent suffering while the Sith use it.

swesbrly5iz.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last Jedi he killed seemed to have touched him deeply. It was why he left the Sith, remember? I have no problem with bringing Atton along as a Sith. However, I have discovered that if you convert all possible NPCs to Jedi, then a certain encounter in a certain Sith cave on Korriban becomes rather tough. :-

How can you train him to become Jedi anyway? I always see him as a "Han Solo" type character. Also take in to consideration I'm still playing through it for the 1st time.

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I never turn him into a Jedi. I can see Atton being a Jedi as much as I can see Han Solo being a Jedi...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Atton can be an equally good Jedi or Sith in my opinion because his intricate understanding of pain and misery gives him the power to empathize with those he tries to save, which is intrumental to the Exile's new Jedi Order because the old one was too arrogant to suffer like those it cared for. It also allows him to become an excellent Sith because understanding pain is important to the incresement of a Dark Jedi's knowlege and ability.

swesbrly5iz.gif

How can you train him to become Jedi anyway? I always see him as a "Han Solo" type character. Also take in to consideration I'm still playing through it for the 1st time.

It may seem that way but Atton was one of Revans Elite Sith Asassins whom was taught to feel the force by a jedi who sought him out to save him from Revan.

Why are all people so fascinated with evil?

I mean, like 90% of the people who play(played) Jedi in Galaxies wanted to be dark side... Seemingly everyone who plays KotOR 1 or 2 are all "Sith rocks!"... I mean... What's so fascinating about being a power hungry egotistical maniac... Aside from the fact that it's all the traits needed to be the president of the USA I don't really see the positive in it...

Sure, i've played KotOR as dark side myself...but i always play through as light side first, simply cause that's what feels right...

Maybe i'm just dumb... could very well be :)

Not all people - I don't like evil either. It's easy being evil and treating people like dirt. And even if I didn't find it objectionable on a moral basis, it's just too easy being evil and behaving like a jerk.

Besides, being evil is always ultimately self-defeating. Anyone who ever read Richard III knows this...

Not sure if I'd embrace the jedi life of eternal servitude, though. I'd probably lean more toward Jolee's approach...