What is your favorite Star Wars Movie?

What is your favorite Star Wars Movie?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Star Wars Movie?

• The Phantom Menace
    • Attack of the Clones
    • Revenge of the Sith
    • A New Hope
    • Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi

ROTJ is my personal favorite, and it would be best without ewoks and lil' bit weak beginning.

ESB is best movie of them all, but not my favorite. 3. is ROTS, I loved it after beginning on IH. Though some things were still annoying...Powerrrrrrrrr, unlimiteeeddddd powwweeerrrrr!!!!!!!! and Vaders NO! <_<

which reminds me: klik

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I think this is more of a off topic poll.

Still, my favourite SW movie ep5, "The Empire Strikes Back.

I also liked very much ep 4 and, as odd it may seem, ep 1.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I recently watched ROTS with my mother. She found it the worst movie of all the Star Wars movies. The reason was she isn't a true Star Wars fan like us, so she didn't understand a lot.

Order 66, Uhm what is this actually?

Who are the good guys, who are the bad? Okay, she understood Palpatine and Grievous were bad but the clonetroopers? Who are the Sith they talk about?

She compared Palpatine with Hitler. Well, thats quiet a good comparison I think.

And then all that fighting, fighting and more fighting.

Then that very long battle between Anakin and Obiwan. She said, come on just stop. You could become friends again,,, :D

Well. My vote went to Empire

And, I off course understood everything in ROTS.

Master Vandar lives!

I recently watched ROTS with my mother. She found it the worst movie of all the Star Wars movies. The reason was she isn't a true Star Wars fan like us, so she didn't understand a lot.

Order 66, Uhm what is this actually?

Who are the good guys, who are the bad? Okay, she understood Palpatine and Grievous were bad but the clonetroopers? Who are the Sith they talk about?

She compared Palpatine with Hitler. Well, thats quiet a good comparison I think.

And then all that fighting, fighting and more fighting.

Then that very long battle between Anakin and Obiwan. She said, come on just stop. You could become friends again,,,  :D

And, I off course understood everything in ROTS.

Actually I always thought it was better if you compared Palpatine to Bush, of course Bush would never be smart enough to do what Palpatine did. It's just that Anakin in EP3 says, 'If you're not with me, then you're my enemy'. Right from the mouth of President Bush himself.

My vote has to go to ROTS.

2. ROTJ or ESB

and so on

I think ROTS is better than people give it credit for. I admit it's more for the Star Wars die-hard, but my mum who detests anything Star Wars was totally converted by this movie and the same goes for my friend (who is also now totally hooked).

Sure the acting was wooden, but I could live with it. General Grevious turned out to be more rubbish than I thought, but I could live it. Though even I have to ask how does one die from a broken heart (Padme)?

The fall of Anakin Skywalker does tug at my heart-strings. The end battle between Ani and Obi-wan was terrific. Sometimes I wish they put as much effort into it as they did with their acting. But it perfectly evokes the emotion and their differing characterisitics.

Does raise another question, why the hell didn't Anakin just jump to the right or left of Obi-wan instead of jumping over?

Credit goes to John Williams as well who created a wonderful score for the end battle as well, 'Battle of Heroes' I think it's called. Best Star Wars music since the music from Empire Strikes Back, you know Vader's theme.

Edited by bubblyofart

Hm, well let me see.

I liked all of the movies, but concering the best? To me there is no absolute "best" of the series, but each one has their high points and their low points.

Consider ROTJ, I felt it had a well acted out ending, conducted to almost perfection in my eyes, but the graphics (though we shouldnt base it on that) and the jedi fight between Vader and Luke werent that impressive, since I am now spoiled by ROTH saber combat.

I loved Episode I strangly. The design of the N-1 Starfighters was the best designed craft in Star Wars, in my opinion that is. And I enjoyed the saber combat, along with the space/land battles.

I didnt care too much for Attack of the Clones, but it was just setting the stage for ROTS. I still enjoyed it very much, including the battle scenes (noticing a pattern here on battles...?).

In Revenge of the Sith, I "loved" the opening Coursant battle, Republic vs. Confederation. However I felt it was too short lived. To me they focused more on Anakin and Dooku. I personally wanted to see more ships whipping the @$$ out of each other like they were at the very start of the movie, and when the Invisible Hand (Grevious Flagship that the main characters were on) took on the Republic Venator Class Star Destroyer. (Venator is my most beloved Star Destroyer). I enjoyed the endless battles going on (suprised?), so it was my kind of movie, though poor acting in many areas and some cheezy lines.

Anakin - "No, I promise 'you'!" to Padme about losing her...

A New Hope was alright, the first movie, fair acting in my opinion, and I enjoyed it over all, not much else to say, it was the opening movie and start the whole series!

Empire Strikes Back... well I didnt care too much for this one, except for and you gussed it, the battles. It seemed too "dark" of a movie, which is what I think Lucas was trying to get at for that one, and he did the job on it.

And yea, that's about it. Its not "off-topic", because I give my opinions on my views of the "best" StarWars movie.

There isnt one "best" one. As I said, they all have their high points and low points, strengths and weaknesses, and I enjoyed them all!

Then that very long battle between Anakin and Obiwan. She said, come on just stop. You could become friends again,,,  :D

I was actually disappointed that Obi-Wan didn't even try. Especially after telling Yoda that he couldn't kill Anakin and Vader's comment to Luke in "Jedi" about Obi-Wan once thinking as Luke did then.

On the other hand, with Hayden Christensen's horrible acting, I can't really blame Obi-Wan - Hayden really looked as if he had no idea where he was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... :shifty:

Good - K3 for you! :)