Thorium charges -- how to hack

I've played through the game once, now playing it again. The merchant on Dant. didn't offer me the thorium, and I didn't know how to get it -- already finished Dant. so don't want to replay it a 3rd time. I really want to see both the locked room on Korriban as well as the cache on Duxn, so I crave an extra set of charges. Any way to hack a saved game with KSE so I can get an extra set? Maybe reopen the dialog with the Dant. guy?

Right, but you need those to blow the door to Uthar's room on Korriban. I need the extra charge to blow open the first cache on Duxn. Without the charges from Akkere, there's no way to open that cache as well as Uthar's room.

dont worry, you dont need to hack using KSE,

there are many thoruim charges you get, like 3 in the game i think

1) sith academy (on the dead twilek)

2) dxun, i think its the lever you pull or something (sorry havent done it for a while)

3) the sullistan (merchant) on dantoone, there are 2 ways to get it from him

darkside path - find his hydrospanner on the droids in the driod mantence thing (search all the droids) go back to him, realise hes stealing parts and then kill him

lightside path - do the exact same thing but dont kill him, threaten to do something liek report to autorities, and he begs or something then he says something like im trying to get money and cant sell these chages, then you buy them off him, something in the lines of that (i use the darkside path btw :thumbsup: )

I know I can get charges on Dantooine if I replay the game, but I've already finished Dant. and don't want to replay it. Akkere now just shows his wares which don't include Thorium.

All the walkthroughs I've read say the charges are only on Dant. (Akkere) and Korriban -- no mention of a source of Thorium charges on Dxun. Unless anyone can confirm a source on Dxun, I'm back to the issue of how to hack using KSE to get a second set of charges.

If you look through your inventory with the newest KSE program, it should show them (if you haven't used the first set yet) and you just change the quantity. If you have, I think the item is pl_thorium, but I don't think you can add them with the editor.

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

Sarge, that's a GREAT idea. I know you can't add "plot" items (pl_xxx) using KSE, but once one is in inventory, perhaps it'll work to bump the quantity. Brilliant. Now why didn't I think of that?

I'm going to go home and visit Korriban to see if this works. I'll let you know.

You can still kill that merchent and not get DS points.

Not once Dantoinee is done (from the main quest point of view).

I know you can change the amount of them in inventory, I currently hold five. I tested before I spoke.

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

I went thru the Sith Academy to get the charges. Before using them on Uthar's door, I saved and doubled the quantity pl_thorium. The charges appeared in the inventory just below the other plot item, the sonic imprint sensor, quantity two. However, after using one of the charges on the door, there were NO Thorium charges in the inventory <_< . I reloaded, confirmed the two charges were back in the inventory, then finished the Academy and went to Dxun without doing the Sith Cave.

On Dxun, I went to the first cache and used one of the Thorium charges on the door. In this case, there was indeed still one Thorium charge in the inventory. It appears the logic is different on Korriban -- it apparently clears the inventory of charges regardless of the quantity. Makes me wonder what it would do if you had the "legit" charge from Dantooine plus the one from the locker on Korriban and then used "one" charge on Uthar's door -- would you lose your extra charge regardless?

Oh well, there was only junk in Uthar's room anyway, so it wasn't worth the trouble to cheat. At least the cache on Dxun had some good loot. But I don't think I can get into the Academy after fighting Sion when I go back to Korriban to finish the cave.

• 7 months later...