What new games are you looking forward to?

Haitoku

It's 2006, and already see immense potential.

After watching this amazing 17 minute trailer, Persona 3 is easily the game I am absolutely drooling over. I've recently finished Persona 2 : Eternal Punishment and it's easily one of the best RPGs I have ever played (clocked in over 100 hours :)) and without a dout the best PSone (Yes, even ripping that slot from Chrono Cross...).

I have extremely high hopes for this game... just reaching the US will be a grand task. Like most Atlus games, Persona 3 features incredibly controversial themes... In fact, the main characters summon their anima by shooting themselves in the head... The last patch of Atlus games made it here without too much censoring, I sure hope this holds true to Persona 3.

Another game I am looking forward to is Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra. This games story is just epic. It easily has the most diverse and developed cast of characters I've ever seen. This game is the last in the series, hopefully it will rap up all the lose ends.

Of course I am looking forward to Neverwinter Nights 2. After playing KOTOR 2 I've really fallen in love with Obsidian's storytelling style (It's the journey that matters, not the destination!). Though I have never had much love for games that follow the D&D style so closely, I am very optimistic about this game.

Few others I'm interested in... Red Orchestra which is being released via Steam in a few days! I really love the idea of making an intense, realistic FPS. I've never missed a Final Fantasy title and I don't plan on missing Final Fantasy XII. Also, though I hate to say it, I am also looking forward to Oblivion. It's worth a shot at the very least.

Anyways, what games are YOU looking forward to?

Suikoden V - I own I-IV and enjoyed all of them, and from what I've seen it looks like they fixed all the stuff I didn't like in IV.

Neverwinter Nights 2 of course

FFXII - Liked all the others except VIII and XI(never played), and this one is from the guys who did FF Tactics and Vagrant Story, two of the better Square games.

Xenosaga III - even though I haven't started II yet. I need to finish replaying the first one so I can transfer my save data, but the one boss in the middle of the first one is a pain.

Spore - Looks possibly like one of the funnest games ever.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Basically anything using the Revolution controller for new gameplay

NWN2

Oblivion somewhat, mostly cuz of the insight into possible effects on Fallout

most of the '06 games I was waiting for (not many) have already hit

Edited by kumquatq3

Shadow Hearts: From the new world  (w00t)

Oh, wait, picked that up yesterday.

Nuthin'.

...............maybe Persona 3 though.

I've been thinking about trying out the Shadow Hearts series... What are they about and are they all connected?

Also... have you finished playing the first Persona? Or starting the second? ;) (Persona 3 starts a 'fresh' new storyline, you can expect guest from the previews games though)

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

I really want to buy this game... However, I already own the game... Dunno if the online play is worth the extra $30.

Duke Nukem Forever

Serious Sam is a good subtitute... even though it's such a blatant rip-off.

I really want to buy this game... However, I already own the game... Dunno if the online play is worth the extra $30.

It would be less if you trade in your copy of Snake Eater. I didn't pick up Snake Eater myself, so I've put in a preorder for the Limited Edition of Subsistence.

Edited by Nartwak

- Of course NWN2.

- Fallout 3. (Yes, i am looking forward to it too. I can't stop myself)

- Dragon Age

- Mass Effect (I am a Bioware fanboi)

- Hellgate London (For some mindless action)

- Eschalon: Book 1

- The Witcher

- Starcraft: Ghost

- Me and My Katamari

centinexx.png

Metal Gear Solid 4

Goldeneye: Source

Perfect Dark: Source

Twilight Princess

Oblivion

Fallout 3

Neverwinter Nights 2

Starcraft 2

Don't know how many of these will be released in the nearest future, but these are the games I'm really looking forward to anyway. :thumbsup:

Dreamfall - Game of the Year for me. :thumbsup:

Broken Sword 4 - though I doubt it will be out so quickly, despite what the developer says.

Galactic Civilizations 2 (already out, but I'm waiting for them to tweak it into perfection).

Oblivion - I liked Morrowind, and hopefully this will be even better.

Neverwinter Nights 2 - I'm hoping for Baldur's Gate 2 with pretty graphics.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Gothic 3 is at the top of the list for me.

Rogue Galaxy (for the Playstation 2) is another one I'm keeping a look-out for.

Boiling Point 2 has been announced, but that is faaar away. Still interested.

STALKER still has me pondering. I will at least check it out if it's ever released.

And of course the 'naturals': Oblivion, Neverwinter Nights 2, Spore, Bioshock.

Those are all I can remember off the top of my head.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!