G0T0 and the Remote

So, is G0T0 supposed to kill Bao-Durr's Remote? I got that cutscene, and then later in the game, the remote was hovering right beside Bao in the Hawk. Now, my game has been buggy (can't go anywhere via the Galaxy map, and then when using Warp can't get back to secret Academy on Telos, so I'm totally stuck), but I was wondering.

OGOPTIMUS

G0-T0 incapacitated the remote and did some alterations/sabotage that enabled him to freeze the remote on Malachor V.

At least, that's my understanding from what I've read on-line. I was also utterly confused by the cut-scene when I saw it in-game. I wasn't helped by the animation in which the remote phases into the floor either.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

yah, on malachor you get a cut scene where G0T0 confronts the remote and activates a voice command, freezing him in place. he also mentions that Bao-Dur had installed this feature. but the earlier cut scene does make it look like the remote was destroyed, with it disapearing into the floor and all... :(

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

It didn't, necessarily.

One of the cut parts of the game has HK-47 and a few HK-50's coming in, to stop GoTo. It's actually kinda funny when you hear how surprised GoTo is. If somebody could dig up the actual dialog, then the world shall become educated!

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

g0t0 was a h0m0 so it doesnt matter if he died, the remote was more closer to us, he started with us from the beginning with bao and we learn the history behind him, goto is just a creepy, un co-operative jerk

Actually, the way he malfunctioned and became the droid leader of a bunch of illegal droid stuff is kinda awesome, in my opinion.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

There are several ways one could go about restoring the HK/GO-TO scene on Malachor V. There is the link ofcourse who mentions several lines without knowing what is the exact one that should play. Me myself thinks that there are 2 different ways this conversation could be done.

1) Go-to dead... planet blows up

2) Remote dead and HK in GO-TO's possession (most likely related to the "HK is confused and thinks he is a HK-50" in the Droid Factory)... Malachor V remains

You can listen to both versions in the largest link of my sig. Called goto-remoteFINAL and goto-remoteFINALDS

Now I wonder how the Restoration project will bring/interpretate it...

Actually, the DS-version of my soundfile does have some gaps. My interpretation of how the DS-version should work out

[HK steps in; confused; and if he was a HK-50]

HK-47: Statement: I hear and obey.

Goto: Hmmm. This HK unit is old, but it has its certain charm, in its obedience to. I shall have to remember some of his traits when I build future generations from his schematics.

[HK regains (temporarily) his HK-47 feelings)]

HK-47: Query: What am I doing here? What has happened?

*Remote tries to escape*

Goto: Stop him.

[HK becomes his HK-50 self again at this command]HK-47: Statement: I understand, assassination protocols activated. Let us see what you have in your arsenal fat one. (this one is confusing... why would he say that in the end; even if obeyed? But it can sound and been used as a way to make HK say to GO-TO that he has to help find and annihilate the remote)

HK-47: Statement: Come out little one. I promise I will let you quickly without a single lingering charge remaining in your behavior core.

HK-47: Statement: Hiding from me is useless, I will find you eventually. You only delay the inevitable.

[After HK has destroyed Remote]

Go-to (to HK): Let us wait you and I, for the General's orders...

so doesn't HK destroy Goto as ds? :(

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Uhm, how to explain the "remaining of Malachor V" than?  :lol:

For the DS ending?

Simple - the DS Exile wants to study the lore of the Trayus Academy and so never gives the order to destroy it...

Besides, remember that GOTO doesn't want M5 destroyed - that's why he froze Remote in the first place. But in the DS ending, HK-47 obeys GOTO and then destroys Remote. GOTO is in control, and so Malachor will not be destroyed.

Whereas in the LS ending, GOTO fails to gain control of HK-47, who then kills GOTO (the other HK units being unable to act against him), allowing Remote to carry out his mission, once the LS Exile give the order to activate the MSG.

why wouldnt goto want M5 to be destroyed? seriously what significance does it have to him - if he did let it be destroyed it would aid the republic in a sence just like he wants, destroying means getting rid of the DS presence and all...

i think he said somewhere in the cut content that both jedi and sith are needed to stabalize the galaxy, as they both seem to be the center of all wars. he said as long as there are jedi, there must be sith to keep the balance

i think he said that, correct me if im wrong.

btw, he did not want to save the republic, he wanted to stabalize the galaxy. he said on his yacht that he does not care which side wins.

Edited by HK-47_THE_MEATBAG_KILLER

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

why wouldnt goto want M5 to be destroyed? seriously what significance does it have to him - if he did let it be destroyed it would aid the republic in a sence just like he wants, destroying means getting rid of the DS presence and all...

GOTO: "Touching. The probability of the Iridonian installing triggered commands within your core was high; I see the probabilities have played out.Of course, the probability that I would do the same is equally high. Your inability to move right now is evidence of that. If the General issues the command, only I will be here to receive it.You must understand that the General would not wish the relics or the Sith strength here on Malachor to be compromised. Their presence is needed to stabilize the galaxy.Without them, the galaxy would be reduced to anarchy within years. And if there is anything I can't stand, it's an untidy galaxy.So, let us wait here, you and I, for the General's orders, and the fate of the galaxy shall wait with us."

There is another reason for leaving M5. The MSG's use the first time is what created the Exile, Sion, Nihlihs...creating a large wound in the force with the high count of deaths all at once. At the talk in the rebuilt enclave they said if the MSG was used again it would remove the force, make a larger area void of force becomeing an endless echo where the force can not reach anyone.

i think he said somewhere in the cut content that both jedi and sith are needed to stabalize the galaxy, as they both seem to be the center of all wars.  he said as long as there are jedi, there must be sith to keep the balance

i think he said that, correct me if im wrong.

btw, he did not want to save the republic, he wanted to stabalize the galaxy.  he said on his yacht that he does not care which side wins.

ah yes, i remember him not caring which side wins only cared about how the galaxy would then stabilise

GOTO: "Touching. The probability of the Iridonian installing triggered commands within your core was high; I see the probabilities have played out.Of course, the probability that I would do the same is equally high. Your inability to move right now is evidence of that. If the General issues the command, only I will be here to receive it.You must understand that the General would not wish the relics or the Sith strength here on Malachor to be compromised. Their presence is needed to stabilize the galaxy.Without them, the galaxy would be reduced to anarchy within years. And if there is anything I can't stand, it's an untidy galaxy.So, let us wait here, you and I, for the General's orders, and the fate of the galaxy shall wait with us."

i never really pay attention to that worthless pile of bolts -_-

There is another reason for leaving M5.  The MSG's use the first time is what created the Exile, Sion, Nihlihs...creating a large wound in the force with the high count of deaths all at once.  At the talk in the rebuilt enclave they said if the MSG was used again it would remove the force, make a larger area void of force becomeing an endless echo where the force can not reach anyone.

Well, you're entirely wrong, but I think you're drawing incorrect conclusions from the initial use of the MSG.

The MSG doesn't really affect the force, at least not directly. No, it was the death and destruction that it caused that put in the Exile in a state of mind that made him cut himself off from the force and create the force wound. That his anguish was indirectly caused by the destruction caused by the MSG is incidental, at least as far as I can tell.

Sounds about right to me, but I'm pretty sure that it helps that Malachor was more or less created to "create echoes" (Sith Holocrons to Atris about Its teachings, which, for the purpose of it making a bit more sense, I expand to the whole planet, which is also described as having some sort of hunger). So, maybe all the deaths created huge echoes, which Malachor (and the Exile, in theory, via proxy) magnified and carried around with them.

Or something like that.

Geekified Star Wars Geek