Am I the only one who avoids using driods?

In both games, I pretty much leave the droids on the ship unless they are needed (e.g. you have to bring Hk-47 with you for certain parts of Tattooine). that's mostly just because the Jedi heal spells don't work on them, so you're better off with a human "skillmeister" for slicing, security, etc.

I avoid using droids. Not because of the heal thing tho...I just prefer the human party members. HK was funny, but once I'd heard all his combat lines I had no desire to cart him around with me vs. oh, say, Atton or Disciple... :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In Kotor1 HK never left my side, only party member that did not care what you did or were because you built him. In Kotor2 because of the influence thing and me mostly being a lightsider...argh I can't have him with me when I run into events that might lower influence. T3 is a utility droid and thats it, nothing more. G0T0 I haven't gotten much chance to have him around.

If you like having droids around and getting the full story from them. Then you your self are going to have just as higher repair and computer skills. So droids are not too good for players as: soldiers, Jedi guardians, Jedi weapon master, Sith Murader, Scondrol. But players as: scouts, jedi sentinals, jedi watchmen..why aren't you at least getting the full story out of them.

But droids are better to have around then that manipulitive witch Kiera, or either of those walking rugs Hanhar or Big Z.

But I prefore having members around me that are funny...or entertaining. HK, Jolee, Canderus/Mandelore.

Then you got your walking dead in entertainment Bao-Dur, Visas, Decipile.

Guest The Architect
In both games, I pretty much leave the droids on the ship unless they are needed (e.g. you have to bring Hk-47 with you for certain parts of Tattooine). that's mostly just because the Jedi heal spells don't work on them, so you're better off with a human "skillmeister" for slicing, security, etc.

You don't have to bring HK-47 with you for certain parts of Tatooine. By the way, I use HK-47 on Korriban and a bit of Tatooine and I use him on the Leviathin but that's about it...

No, you're not alone. I do just the same and for the same reason.

HK-47 may have some cool comments, but other than that he is just as pathetic as every other ranged fighter. I always go with three jedi-types if at all possible. And if I can't, then I tend to choose a human(oid) ranged fighter over any of the droids. Have used T3 on a few occasions, though, due to the heal-option you get with him after repairing all his damage, which I always do.

The droids are pretty much useless, unless you are trying to construct something out of components, but bao-dur is way better at that than most. If you train Mira as a Jedi, you can use her skill in alot of the same ways. HK-47, gets on my nerves he's constantly saying some smart a** coment. But T3 is handy in some situations. I never even used GO-TO.

Jesus Loves Us All

Hk is funny in both games but i prefer to half live party members

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

I don't much care for the droids. Hk-47 is cool but ranging is pretty weak in both games. The extra feats in k2 still don't make it worthwile. T3-M4 is only useful when I need computer spikes and when I need to upgrade stuff, otherwise he stays back at the ship. G0-T0 I never use. I prefer using the jedi most of the time. I generally have Kreia all the time for the extra XP and usually Bao-Dur or Handmaiden.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't avoid using droids...well except for T3.....but i always take HK47 with me

He kill all the meatbags...that i tell him to kill

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

droids dont leave my party much either, except hk sometimes, but then a obselete HK-47 is no worth an atton jedi! or handmaiden jedi! funny how in k1 all you could say to T3 was 'if you wana say something just buz in teh background' now your having full convos with him... g0t0 is a worthless junkpile and hk is alright..

Why would you avoid using droids? Thats lame. HK-47 can kick ass and take names.

HK-47 sucks next to any jedi, and even if I chose a non-jedi, I'd prefer Canderous over HK any day of the week, since I can heal Canderous with my own healing powers as well as any other human(oid) in the group. Droids need maintainance, which makes them undesirable in many cases. Besides, they don't even have any special powers that would make them worth considering. HK-47 is just fair with a blaster rifle, while Canderous can hand anyone's rearend to them...

The droids are actually pretty useful against enemy dark Jedi, especially T3M4.

Think about it for a moment: T3's renewable shield can constantly be brought back up to stop enemy lightsaber attacks. He's also immune to most Force Powers, and can use several unblockable attacks, such as plasma cannons or molten cannons.

The only Force powers that can really harm him would be the powers that I've never seen the dark Jedi use on a regular basis. Very few use Force Wave, if at all, Lightning can be stopped by his shield, and I've never seen them use the Stun / Disable / Destroy Droid powers.

T3 is annoying. I did not like it that they forced you to use him in some places in the game. Good thing they didn't force G0T0 on you.

If they forced goto on us I probably would have stoped playing the game even though Im a hard core fan. But that is just crossing the line :angry:

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

If theu forced us to play GOTO I would have quit playing the game.

If they forced us to play G0-T0 I would have exploded the game. Seriously though, T3-M4 is teh uber Dark Jedi killer W0000T!!!!11!!!1! He has the plasma thrower, the renewable shield, and he is practically unkillable by Force powers. Wasn't there a renewable shield in KotOR I that you could buy from the Rodian at Yavin? I don't know, I don't have it for PC and I never got XBox Live. But my friend said you could. I always keep HK around, mostly because he is the only virtual character that makes me laugh on a regular basis.

"Mockery: I do no trust you! I cannot trust you or anyone else ever again!"

"Mockery: I love you, but I hate all that you stand for, so I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips to gether in the cargo hold!" :huh: