MCA does the 'Codex

rpgcodex8ot.jpg

This is the primary reason on why i've been only lurking, let alone posting, on that site the last 2-3 years.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Say what you will about the Codex, but that interview is one of the reasons i'm happy they are around. When was the last time you read an interview that wasn't overly polite and didn't have the same old, boring questions?

That said, i will not be joining their forum, ever...

This has been added to the NwN2 thread.

You mean it was buried in a thread about a NWN2 article that no one actually read, but somehow went 5 pages?!?!

Damn, how could I have missed it!

What do you mean "nobody"? :lol:

Those questions wern't new, having MCA answer them was.

I don't see any interviews / Q&As like that on these fora. That grants the RPGCodex a modicum of indispensibility and credibility.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

oh, the codex is a hoot. you have to get established before the moron comments go away, but other than that it's nothing more than a bunch of whining children... oh, kinda like that picture above.

heck, i even got called a retard the other day. too bad the retard misread my post 'cause he could have really hammered me for being a retard about something else, and he would have been right, but instead, he had to accept the leftovers of my own self deprication! :lol:

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

I don't see any interviews / Q&As like that on these fora. That grants the RPGCodex a modicum of indispensibility and credibility.

It was a good read, but those questions were not new. How many times have we heard that bit about New Reno. How many times have devs spoke on camera angles?

Alot of the stuff was covered by past NMA interviews and such. Others were covered by that article Obsidian did post-K2, I forget what it was called.

First time I've read someone take the "blame" for a poor K2.

I agree, and I think he's right - they should have cut one of the planets (Korriban, perhaps) and spent the time getting the ending right. It would have made a world of difference. I don't remember if they even discussed the ending in the earlier post-mortem article.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Thee's enough fbombs in that thread to flatten a small city. Go Codex Go!

I see little Volo's popularity remains high as ever. :(

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

oh, the codex is a hoot.  you have to get established before the moron comments go away, but other than that it's nothing more than a bunch of whining children... oh, kinda like that picture above.

heck, i even got called a retard the other day.  too bad the retard misread my post 'cause he could have really hammered me for being a retard about something else, and he would have been right, but instead, he had to accept the leftovers of my own self deprication! :(

taks

have been busy, but we gotta make time to get back to codex. recently vd were explaining to us how "most people," in context of a fallout 3 discussion, Obviously were meaning (and were limited to,) fans of fallout 1. tried to explain that if "most people" actually is limited to fans of fallout 1 then bethesda is in for some serious financial problems, but vd and the other codexians weren't listening.

codexians somehow sees self as the Moral Majority meets the PLO... they believes that they stand for all that is good and right in games (whether the rest of us simpletons get it or not,) and they is gonna use whatever profane, obscene or insane means necessary to be fighting the good fight. the thing is, they honestly does selves a disservice by being so insular/inbred. Fight the Dominant Paradigm kinda stuff is somewhat pointless if you only does your fighting on your own friggn' boards. clowns.

if we thought fergie were cunning 'nuff to come up with such a notion on his own, we mighta' come to conclusion that he created codex as an attractive alternative board for all the fallout fanatics/loons that he really didn't want stinking up the interplay boards. but keeps in mind that we too thinks that the codex is a hoot, and if they didn't exist we would have to create 'em.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

We just love your Doggy Style.

"Moral Majority meets the PLO"

Scratch PLO and replace it with the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade.

"Al-aqsa Martys Brigade". I like that.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Say what you will about the Codex, but that interview is one of the reasons i'm happy they are around. When was the last time you read an interview that wasn't overly polite and didn't have the same old, boring questions?

That said, i will not be joining their forum, ever...

You mean a substance non-fluff interview like this?

http://www.nwn2news.net/modules/smartsecti...m.php?itemid=29

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta