Vandar, a discrepancy?

In K1, I presume Vandar dies on Dodonna's ship when it explodes in the DS ending. Still in K2, if Exile is LS, Vrook mentions that Vandar died on Katarr even with Revan set to DS.

How to explain this?

Yes, some people have pointed out that you can get this response even if you set Revan to DS, though I've never encountered it myself (or else I just wasn't paying attention). But naturally it's a mistake - if Revan was DS, then Vandar died at the Star Forge. If Revan was LS, Vandar died on Katarr instead.

Either way, the dude's dead. Dead is dead, does it really matter how (in this case, at least)?

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Yes, I am one of those who actually believes Vandar is alive. In my idea of a Kotor III storyline I have him escape the ship (Revan DS) in an escape pod and after that being picked up by a republic fighter.

Never forget that it is still Star Wars.

And Katarr? Well, you could think that Vandar either didn't went to Katarr or that he was hiding on Katarr in a force sensitive cave which would protect him from Nihilus's attack through the force.

That said, I don't take Kreia's weak explanation how Visas Marr survived Nihilus's attack. I don't believe Nihilus to be bound to Visas in any way. So maybe Visas was also hiding in a force sensitive cave. What do you think.

Master Vandar lives!

Well, he obviously is bound in some manner to her: "You're his only link to this place. Can you disrupt it?" (or something along those lines)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Yes, I am one of those who actually believes Vandar is alive. In my idea of a Kotor III storyline I have him escape the ship (Revan DS) in an escape pod and after that being picked up by a republic fighter.

And Katarr? Well, you could think that Vandar either didn't went to Katarr or that he was hiding on Katarr in a force sensitive cave which would protect him from Nihilus's attack through the force.

That said, I don't take Kreia's weak explanation how Visas Marr survived Nihilus's attack. I don't believe Nihilus to be bound to Visas in any way. So maybe Visas was also hiding in a force sensitive cave. What do you think.

Does Vrook even say who died on Katarr? THe only thing I remember him saying about Katarr was "the other Jedi went to Katarr" and some desription of Nihilus

If so, why allow the player to make Revan DS or LS instead of forcing a LS Revan  :("

Why is Carth gone for DS'ers then? Why did Bastila became evil then?

it is a bonus they *try* to incorporate whenever they can.

but someone has determined that only the LS ending with no mistakes must

be absolutely upheld.

I happen to agree with that methodology.

but whether I agree with it or not, it is the case.

just finished playing it (again) and i did get that dialogue, and i assume it is a mistake. there is no way vandar could have survived the battle. even if he had gotten to an escape pod, it would have fallen into the sun or vaped with the rest of the fleet. Bastila even mentions in the end that the entire fleet had been destroyed.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

it is a bonus they *try* to incorporate whenever they can.

Nope. They tried to give the player a choice. Any flaws (like the current) are the result of oversight/rushing

but someone has determined that only the LS ending with no mistakes must

be absolutely upheld.

I happen to agree with that methodology.

but whether I agree with it or not, it is the case.

If so that person does not work at OE, as they took the DX-way of using all the possible endings of the previous game pulled together into 1 result (Revan leaving to the Unknown Regions, leaving his fleet and teammates behind)

Guest The Architect

Yeah sorry Plano Skywalker, but BattleCookie is right. These are the points BattleCookie made and he's on the ball...

A) Why allow the player to make Revan DS or LS instead of forcing a LS Revan?

B) Why is Carth gone for DS'ers then? Why is Bastila a Sith then?

C) Any flaws regarding the Revan LS/DS thing is a result of oversight or rushing

D) Obsidian used all the possible endings of the previous game and pulled together one result which has Revan departing to the unknown regions, leaving his/her fleet and companions behind

Edited by The Architect

Does Vrook even say who died on Katarr? THe only thing I remember him saying about Katarr was "the other Jedi went to Katarr" and some desription of Nihilus

At the rebuild Jedi Enclave Vrook could tell you:

Including Master Zhar.... Master Vandar.....

About others who tell that he couldn't have survived in an escape pod?

Well, he could. If you have ever played a space game like Tie fighter you know it is incredibly hard to destroy one pod.

And like I said, it is Star Wars. If you don't see someone dying, you could bring him back. One's that you cannot bring back are Trask, Davik, Calo Nord, Darth Bandon, Saul Karath, Darth Malak, Vrook, Kavar, Zez Kai Ell, Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus, Kreia and some others are very difficult like Carth, Mission, Zaalbar, Juhani, Jolee, Yuthura Ban (it should be possible to set Revan as DS) and Atris.

Master Vandar lives!

By your own logic Trask can return...

And even Nihilus...

And Kreia too! ;)"

And no, Vandar is dead. When looking at the endscenes you will Vandar on the bridge saying "we are all doomed" when seconds there-after his ship explodes. How could he get in a pod away so fast and NOT being noticed by the fighters too?

Edited by BattleCookiee

I just don't see why.

If you want a Yoda-species jedi master in K3, then that's fine - I'd even like that myself. I don't mind in the slightest.

I do mind seeing dead people, though. Star Wars is not the Sixth Sense.

Vandar is dead. Even if he survived an explosing ship in K1, he's still said to be dead in K2. Leave the carcass alone...

There is support for it in one of the comic books, though. More importantly, there is in the game itself, since why else can Visas make Nihilus weaker during the confrontation by sacrificing her own life?

let's try this again:

Vandar being killed on Katarr (many months after the Star Forge battle) is NOT a continuity mistake.

No, but we're not talking about continuity by canon - we're talking about what happens in the games, which is not the same.

It may be that the only officially accepted canon is that Revan chose LS and so that Vandar lived to be killed later on Katarr, as per Vrook's comments in K2.

However, this is not a presumed conclusion in the game itself. In K2 a DS Revan is a valid possibility, and you even get to set it yourself. It also has consequences for Carth (being alive or dead), Bastila (being LS or DS), the Star Forge (being destroyed or not), etc.

Yeah, Yeah. Linkie linkie

The Poll

There have been so many topics about Vandar. We will see in Kotor III. But at least I will stay where I am. Vandar lives! (w00t) I got to change my signature now. :D

Edited by hawk

Master Vandar lives!