What game do you like better Kotor1 or Kotor2  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What game do you like better Kotor1 or Kotor2

• Kotor1
    • Kotor2

Heretic! :ermm:;)

Kotor 1 for me, it is just... It is nearly perfect, so it is. (Lol, too much Dark Tower and Wolves of Calla lately :p)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I like both games very much, but I voted for K2 since I am sure most people will vote for K1.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

K2 for me by a narrow margin.. I feel more free in K2, also despite the obvious holes / cuts I like the main story better in K2

Yeah, but there's this other thing that annoys in K2, which concerns the Exile. He's supposed to my character - the one I'm to identify with - yet I don't get to know half of his background or what he's thinking.

For example, what has his motive to return to the republic? I don't know and I'm never told. That makes it pretty hard to associate with the character right from the beginning. And then when I'm just getting into the character, I crash on Dxun and talk about the landing, but it isn't until my own character leaves, that I learned from Kreia (talking to Atton) that the Exile - me - was on Dxun during the Mandalorian Wars.

Very annoying! Obsidian really botched the job on the main character identification for the player. That needs - no, *must* - be remedied for the next game. At least they had an excuse in K1, because Revan lost his memories...

I don't know. :)

K1 was complete, it had an ending.

It had Bastila :wub:

You were the great Revan

The worlds were great

K2 had the influence system

better item upgrades

You were Revan's right hand, The Exile

Edited by Gabrielle

K2 for me by a narrow margin.. I feel more free in K2, also despite the obvious holes / cuts I like the main story better in K2

Yeah, but there's this other thing that annoys in K2, which concerns the Exile. He's supposed to my character - the one I'm to identify with - yet I don't get to know half of his background or what he's thinking.

For example, what has his motive to return to the republic? I don't know and I'm never told. That makes it pretty hard to associate with the character right from the beginning. And then when I'm just getting into the character, I crash on Dxun and talk about the landing, but it isn't until my own character leaves, that I learned from Kreia (talking to Atton) that the Exile - me - was on Dxun during the Mandalorian Wars.

Very annoying! Obsidian really botched the job on the main character identification for the player. That needs - no, *must* - be remedied for the next game. At least they had an excuse in K1, because Revan lost his memories...

I think that was kind of the whole point. Instead of things being a mystery to your character, they were a mystery to you. This is a tried and true RPG convention turned on its head and is the kind of thing that Chris Avellone is known for. It is alos an interesting way to interface with the story and was somewhat refreshing with all of the Jade Empires and Neverwinter Nights around these days.

swesbrly5iz.gif

Two.

I avoided buying this game for the longest time because of all the complaints I'd heard about the game being unfinished. Now that I've actually played it, I regret listening to those comments. Sure, there a couple of minor plot threads that are left dangling, but overall it's a much more satisfying game.

I liked k1 better. I liked the characters better and it was more polished as a whole. Revan was a great lead with great support from bastilla and i loved old jolees conversations.

K2 was great as well but naturally i think k2 would have been a better game if the story was more complete and the characters fleshed out a bit more especially at the end. To much unresolved for my liking, some mystery is good but not to the extent it was left at.

It all needs tying up in kotor 3.

Kotor 1 is my choice. It was more complete, didn't seem like the game was rushed. The story was better plus it had one of my favorite NPCs, Bastila. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

kotor 1 for me I liked the feel better had my favorite characters Revan bastila jolee k2 had to many holes in it

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

I liked them both. Kotor 1 may have felt complete compared to the rushness of Kotor 2, but I like some of the new things they did for Kotor 2. Influencing your fellow npcs to walk on the lightside or the darkside was good. It also enabled them to tell more about themselves as you gained "trust". Another benefit is the various upgrades you can find for your weapons and armor.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

K1.  This is probably the best K2 has done in a poll so far.  Usually K1 outnumbers K2 by around 2 to 1. :thumbsup:

Well, this is a KotOR2 board, and most of us are still pretty uncertain about it. I liked K2 better in a lot of ways, particularly the deeper story, but the fact that it was unfinished cannot be ignored, nor can the problem that I'm not allowed to identify with my own character due to lack of information about him.

Guest The Architect

Both games have their strengths and weaknesses and are both very enjoyable games with high replay values. There equal IMO but if K2 wasn't rushed or incomplete or didn't have all those bug/glitches then I'd would have voted for K2.

Tough choice.

K1 was a complete product, but I knew about K2 being buggy, unfinished and having cut content before I bought it, so for me it's a non-issue.

I liked both stories, and most characters in both games. On one hand, K2 would win just because Carth was only a bit player, but on the other hand I didn't care for all the times we were forced to play characters other than the Exile for long stretches.

Hmm.

Nope, K2 wins out for better writing in the end.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.