The Light Side Rules

People should join Jedi for they have the greater purpose in life. The Sith define there existence through the constant testing of themselves, and through domination. The Sith philosify, is flawed and wrong, due to the ultimate fact that who will the Sith rule and dominate when everyone is gone. The Jedi dedicate their lives to the protection of others and the continuation of peace and happiness. I my self am a christian, and I see such beauty in the Jedi way, and I see such a sad hopelesness in the Sith. The Dark side only leads to one's own destruction and eternal damnation. The Light Side leads one down a path of peace, happiness, and salvation. Jesus loves you all, God Bless.

Jesus Loves Us All

You do know that the instictual responce oh human IS the dark side dont you?

Happyness salvation and morality are all from your point of view, whats good for me might not be for some guy in somalia :thumbsup:

Also man is in his esence a killer not a savior, we are killing our planet we are killing ourselfs (crime,wars) and we prob killed millins of species on this planet(because i want my house to have a better view and i dont like that forest to obstruct my view)

And the instictual response when some1 steps in your space(verbaly, phisicaly) is to knock his teeth flying, not to turn the other chek( we can discipline ourselfs to"turn the other chek) but its not instinct.

People should join Jedi for they have the greater purpose in life.  The Sith define there existence through the constant testing of themselves, and through domination.  The Sith philosify, is flawed and wrong, due to the ultimate fact that who will the Sith rule and dominate when everyone is gone.  The Jedi dedicate their lives to the protection of others and the continuation of peace and happiness.  I my self am a christian, and I see such beauty in the Jedi way, and I see such a sad hopelesness in the Sith.  The Dark side only leads to one's own destruction and eternal damnation.  The Light Side leads one down a path of peace, happiness, and salvation.  Jesus loves you all, God Bless.

As much as I appriecate the sentiment, I'm afraid that I doubt Christ would approve of the Jedi way. The whole "turn the other cheek" thing. Running around with a sword killing things/chopping off limbs does not really strike me as the way of "compassion", "forgiveness" and whatnot. That said, I do agree that the Sith Philosphy is flawed and leads to self destruction - which is how it was written to be. The Jedi are not much better though, hiding their words behind half truths and lies, twisting everything and everyone to their own ends - whether that is their true teaching or not.

And finally... I doubt the force is a good thing. I like what Kreia preaches about it, personally.

Edit: I don't mean to sound snide or sarcastic, so please don't take it the wrong way.

Edited by Dyan

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Christ does believe in Self-defense because in the gospel of Luke or Matthew he did say it is better to have a sword and go without a shirt than have a shirt and be unable to defend yourself or another.

The Turn the other cheek means when you ARE insult, don't insult and make the situation worse.

Christ did preach that a man defending another is good.

Christ and Morihei Ueshiba (the founder of Aikido) both have inherited Light Side Philosophy in their teaching for they believe in avoiding violence while bring peace into the World.

To Many, Aikido had some similar traits to the Way of the Jedi.

man is in his esence a killer not a savior

We could be both. We definitely are destructive and selfish from birth, but we naturally have moral development, although some people don't reach as high a stage as others. The essence of man isn't just our natural destructive instincts that the Freudian theory emphasizes. We also have a conscience which, unless we are sociopathic, makes what our true essence is a little more complicated. We naturally have to be destructive to survive; eating anything means ending something's life. We also naturally give life and might have an instinct to nurture children, although that last one is debatable, especially with the father.

DeathScepter: Thank you for enlightening me on Jesus' view towards self-defense, if that's indeed what he meant. I would sometimes debate with myself how he would view it. Looks like I need to brush up on my Bible reading :D .

Edited by indarkestday