Xbox360

So my dad decided to buy me an Xbox360. I guess he needed someone he could actually beat on Dead or Alive 4. Anyways, it's a very beautiful console, and it really makes my HDTV shine.

I've only tried one game on it, but the Xbox Live interface is what impressed me first. I was able to hook it into my home network relatively easy, and with a quicj download I was also able to synchronize it with my computer. That means I can share music and pictures, but I'm a bit surprised I can't do the same with video clips. There might be a way, I just didn't notice.

I traded in my old console for store credit, but there really isn't many titles available yet. I bit the bullet and decided to pre-order Oblivion for the Xbox. I was planning on using my PC, but I think having it on a high definition widescreen television might overcome the lack of a keyboard.

Anyways, I'd like to hear if anyone else has or is planning on getting the 360. The only game I have is DoA, but I'm an easy target.

I'm not planning on buying one, but my family loses patience with me. I'm still holding out for more news between the 360, PS3, and revolution. I'm leaning for 360, but I liked some of the titles I saw for the PS3. I'm probably not going to get the Revolution, but that's because I'm going to buy it more for the hardware than the games. After all, I've spent some time playing xmen legends lately, but I've been playing music and watching DVDs on my xbox even more.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Ive had the 360 since it came out and not one problem. Best game yet is Fight night round 3, PRO! love it. call of duty 2 is pretty cool 2. pgr is ok, condemed suxz. madden06 is pretty good but has alot of little things i don't like abbout it. nhl was horrible, reminded me of a sega game....PDZ is another ok game but should have been for the xbox not the 360,

I'll probably still get the PS3 first, then get a 360 once its down to 150 bucks or so.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You can get a Xbox360 (premium) for 199

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

When there are enough games worth getting. Or when blockbuster starts renting them. I don't particularly want to be in the same situation as with the Xbox where I have 5 games. If not for rentals it would spend most of it's life powered off.

I think they are

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I dont like consoles and I dont like console games. But if enough companies decide to be bastards and abandon the PC market then I was thinking of buying a stolen 360, chip it, and then pirate the games I want. That way neither MS or the companies who deny the sacred PC will get one dirty cent of my money.

Release the game on PC, Ill gladly buy. Make it console exclusive.. no soup for you!!

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If there are ever several games that I'd really like to play, I'd get a console. If PNJ and Mass Effect are any good that will be a point in favour of the PS3 and the XBox 360 respectively, but it'll take three or four unmissable games on a single console before I really start thinking about it. It's not gonna happen anytime soon.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

If I was buying it for myself, I probably would have waited for a year or a signifigant price drop. Currently there are no titles I'm really excited about, but with Bungie and Bioware I'm sure something decent will come out. I have no problem making it a movie player in the mean time.

I bought my Playstation 2 because it was only marginally more expensive than a good DVD-player. Also, my girlfriend wanted to play Kingdom Hearts badly so it was an easy sell. I never imagined myself having so much fun with it as I've actually had. I usually don't like the controllers of any console (mouse+keyboard-slave) but I've been able to learn the Playstation 2 controllers pretty well and now it's almost not a nuisance anymore.

I didn't know of any games on the Playstation 2 that I wanted to play prior to getting one, but fortunately I've been blessed with titles such as Dragon Quest 8, Resident Evil 4, God of War since then.

I imagine the Playstation 3 will work the same way for me. I probably won't be getting it until 2008 or so, but when (if) Blu-Ray becomes the standard, I'll buy it because of the ability to watch Blu-Ray DVD-movies and play games.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I dont like consoles and I dont like console games. But if enough companies decide to be bastards and abandon the PC market then I was thinking of buying a stolen 360, chip it, and then pirate the games I want. That way neither MS or the companies who deny the sacred PC will get one dirty cent of my money.

Release the game on PC, Ill gladly buy. Make it console exclusive.. no soup for you!!

I always thought you were a cool dude. :lol:

I'm very used to the PS2 one since it's the one I use most often It's also easy to go into the GC controller as well. But the Xbox one always requires some re-adustment for the trigger positions. I don't find is as comfortable for long term use either.

I'm a bit worried about the new PS2 controller although the button positions are similiar it's pretty alien looking. Although that may not be the final design.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'm very used to the PS2 one since it's the one I use most often It's also easy to go into the GC controller as well. But the Xbox one always requires some re-adustment for the trigger positions. I don't find is as comfortable for long term use either.

I'm a bit worried about the new PS2 controller although the button positions are similiar it's pretty alien looking. Although that may not be the final design.

I have the same problem with the Xbox(s) controllers.

I consider the PS2 controller to be the best, since it's pretty much the legacy of the SNES pad.

The new PS3 controller should handle fine... It looks a bit odd, but the layout is the same. I heard sony is doing the design again though, since it's.. you know, ugly as hell.

I bought my Playstation 2 because it was only marginally more expensive than a good DVD-player. Also, my girlfriend wanted to play Kingdom Hearts badly so it was an easy sell. I never imagined myself having so much fun with it as I've actually had. I usually don't like the controllers of any console (mouse+keyboard-slave) but I've been able to learn the Playstation 2 controllers pretty well and now it's almost not a nuisance anymore.

I've always found console pads more ergonomic compared to the WASD controls. I'd prefer to play action titles that require quick imput but little precise aiming like FPSs where mouse is king.

Ironically Bloodlines would have fit the bill perfectly if not for the ranged weapon aiming. Even then I'm sure eventually there'll be keyboard/mouse addons if the consoles are to be gaming/entertainment/internet hubs that the manufacturers want it to be.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

If you don't want to play and purchase console games, that's your choice, but who are you to question the companies that back them? They only give the consumer what they demand.

The bit about stealing gaming products is what really bothers me, though. Pirating does more damage to the industry than anything else. The actions of people like you affect developers such as Obsidian, Troika, and Bioware that I support.

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

If you don't want to play and purchase console games, that's your choice, but who are you to question the companies that back them? They only give the consumer what they demand.

The bit about stealing gaming products is what really bothers me, though. Pirating does more damage to the industry than anything else. The actions of people like you affect developers such as Obsidian, Troika, and Bioware that I support.

I agree.

... and it's pirating, not stealing there is a difference.

Isn't pirating a form of theft?

Back on topic, the original Xbox controllers are monsters. I briefly compared my old one to the new one, and it's like 5 pounds heavier. The new controllers are pretty easy, although I haven't had a PS2 controller in a bit so I can't make a comparison. I really just love the fact that the wireless capability is absolutely perfect.

The only problem I've had has been the headset. I tried to chat with my dad (we don't live close) over the headset and it was causing an odd echo. We tried to adjust the volume, but it didn't really help.