The bravest woman in the middle east

Meshugger

A brave arabic woman one speaks against muslim clergy.

It was on Al-Jazeera two weeks ago. Hats off to that woman, too bad she'll probably "dissapear" before this years end.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Very impressive. I wish I could see the whole debate, without the edits - I wonder how her views were received. I'm pleased that Al-Jazeera, depicted by some as al-Qaeda's mouthpiece, would give her a chance to air her views in some detail.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

She crazy.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Rocking the boat!

Am I right fellas? I mean, am I right?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It's good she gave voice but a shame she will not around for too much longer for her actions.

Can I borrow your time machine sometime? Because thats really the only way you would know that for sure, unless you plan on killing her.

Edited by thepixiesrock

It's good she gave voice but a shame she will not around for too much longer for her actions.

"Nail that sticks out, gets hammered."

What do you mean by that?

When someone sticks up for others, against a powerful force like a government, they will usually get themselves into trouble. By being silenced by any means necessary.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Visible and outspoken critics of Islam, particularly apostates (if that's what she is), have lived under the threat of death in many countries, and some have indeed been murdered for expressing their beliefs.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Another famous female muslim critic of Islam http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirsi_Ali

So many muslim extremists want her dead that they had to pull the whole Salman Rushdie treatment on her. Her partner in making the short film "submission" Theo van Gogh refused protection and was murdered.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think there is a large amount of misunderstanding of Islamic cultures in the Middle East and elsewhere. Remember Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world, by population.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"some have indeed been murdered for expressing their beliefs."

Key word is 'some'. The odds ar ein her favor of living.

Also, IIRC, on another message board that linked it someone borught up the fact that not only is she *not* Muslim; she is also Amerikan not really from the 'middle east'.

I cna't confirm 'cause sadly this video doesn't work for me odd enough.

Either way, good for her! :thumbsup:

However, I think the bravest wom(en) in the ME are the ones who go to school, enter politcis, etc. every day under the threat of death constantly.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah, it does say she is an Arab-American.

That does undermine her credibility somewhat. Growing up in the US is a bit different than the ME

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I don't particular care if she grew up in Argentina. Religious fanatics, especially Islamic fanaticals who have no problem blowing themselves up in order to kil as many as they can, need to grow up and start living in the 21st century. Religion had its time but that time is over for it is no longer needed as a social institution.

Harvey