Raven vs. Luke Skywalker

Revan vs. Luke  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Revan vs. Luke

• Revan
    • Luke
    • STFU already

In a duel, Revan wouldwin simply because he is one of the most powerful Force users who ever lived.  If Luke is a powerhouse, then Revan is a blazing sun.

On what basis? Revan may have been powerful in his time, but he still didn't see Malak's betrayal, wasn't able to resist the masters reprogramming his mind, couldn't resist the dark side, etc...

People really need to consider the New Jedi Order novels or at least read up on Luke's later life before they pass judgment on his abilities - he became far stronger than Anakin/Vader or Revan ever did. And before people say they hate the EU and don't accept it, bear in mind that KotOR is EU also. ;)

Luke didn't see that whole Rancor thing coming either and every Jedi in the Republic didn't see the betrayl of their own soldiers in RotS.

They're not psychics...they get feelings most of the time.

Revan couldn't resist...being on the verge of death after his bridge was struck with massive blaster bolts was probably the primary reason for that.

And I just hate EU that turns characters into gods. (KOtoR doesn't) :(

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

And I just hate EU that turns characters into gods. (KOtoR doesn't) o:)

....you're right KoTOR doesn't turn them into gods... Revan Fanboys are quite up to the task. Luke would kick the snot out of Revan. Plain and Simple.

And to someone's point before about Yoda not being able to take Sideous, I encourage you to watch that duel again. First, Palpy tried to run away at the beginning. Then notice that their duel mirrored Anakin's and Obi's. Yoda held his own against Sideous up until he lost the "high ground." Yoda however was wise enough to realize that he had lost the "high ground" and retreat, whereas Anakin....well, we all now what happened when Anakin lost the "high ground."

Edited by Stewdawg24

"I'm god. I may not be 'The God', but I'm definately a god." - Ground Hog's Day

Visit: http://www.paulvomero.com/

that bit still makes me laugh, a terrible end to a fantastic duel.. 'high ground'?

didnt maul have the high ground over obi wan in ep1 when he died :s ?

and erm, luke would beat revan, as much as i am a fanboy, im also a realistic fanboy

Luke

Yoda

Revan

are my top 3 i'd say

and maybe Kavar as 4th :D legend

I think I can make some comparisons here. When I read through the New Jedi Order Series of books it is quiet clear that Luke is quiet a strong jedi for certain, when I read the text I guess he can move with Master Speed, execute some powerful force waves and he can fight quiet a bit Yuuzhan Vong which cannot be detected thorugh the force. Therefore, I guess you cannot put them in stasis but I guess Luke never learned how to put an enemy in Stasis. He makes more use of the lightsaber.

I guess Luke has also got Master Valor and one power we don't use in Kotor, force sense. He could detect when he is in danger.

Where Luke is failing however is his ability to heal.

In the new Jedi Order some Jedi (Luke himself as well at the end) will get poisoned.

And they only save Mara and Luke himself. Now, the Yuuzhan Vong poison might be far different to the poison we sometimes get in Kotor but is it strange that I always wondered how Revan / the Exile / Bastila / Juhani etc would stand up against this.

Okay, so far about Luke. Now some comparisons:

First of all, how would Luke stand up against 3 Droideka's?

I think he would deflect some blaster bolts and then run away, just like Obiwan and Qui-con and also Obiwan and Anakin.

What would Revan do. 3 Droideka's are no matach for Revan!

LS Revan: Destroy droid, maybe 4 or 5 times. And Revan would be standing there, heal himself for a bit of damage and go on his way.

DS Revan: Same drill with Force Lightning. After the battle he needs some Medpacks or use quiet a bit of Force energy to heal himself (see why LS is stronger)

Second comparison: Tactics.

How long did the war against the Yuuzhan Vong take. Quiet some time I think. It was only when the shamed one's of the Yuuzhan Vong allied themselves with the Jedi order that things began to look better for the new republic and that they 'won' because Luke and Jacen killed the Supreme Overlord and the living world of Zonama Sekot appeared close to Coruscant.

Now I wonder what would have happened had Revan taken charge of the war against the Vong. Would he have used weapons of mass destruction (a Sun crusher) and finish it as quick as possible. Looks a bit the Kyp Durron tactic in that time and we know how bad that went.

IMO, I somehow think that Revan was one of the best strategists in his time and I would rate him on level with Grand Admiral Thrawn.

I surely hope we can see how great Revan's tactics are in a possible Kotor III!

Somehow I always wondered how Revan would have dealt with the situation in the prequel trilogy.

Would he support the Jedi councils decision to send a large Jedi strike force on Geonosis?

Maybe, but he would after that learn more about the attack and he would take Obiwan's comments about Dooku far more serious then. Why was there such a large army of battle droids. They were obviously expecting the Jedi to gather to rescue Obi Wan. Would he support Windu's decision to confront Palpatine to arrest or kill him? Probably not.

No, I think Revan would have dealt with the situation a lot better then the Jedi council did. I am not sure how but I think he would have found out a better solution to the problem.

Well, back to the final duel between Luke and Revan.

If Revan would be a Jedi Guardian I think they are each equals in lightsaber combat.

Now, I have never seen any evidence that Luke could use Energy resistance so that might be the key Revan would use to defeat Luke.

Other then that, Revan is much better in force healing (I think especially Revan is stronger in the Light side then in the dark side).

So yes, Revan would win in a duel.

If Revan would be a Jedi Sentinel? He would be able to defeat luke with his kind of defenses.

LS Consular would be a little bit more difficult to beat Luke but Revan would probably be able to put Luke in a stasis field or continually wave him away. Perhaps he could use some DS powers to defeat him.

Just remember that Luke hasn't got as much experience in dealing with a (Dark) Jedi opponent then Revan has at an equal level. That's a very big difference.

Master Vandar lives!

You're using force powers that are in a Video Game vs ones that are in the movies or books. I would make the assumption that if the other jedi in your party (ie Juhani, Jolee, Bastilla) can use those pwers than Luke would be able to use them regardless of whether we actually see him use it in the books and movies.

In a straight duel I will always go with Luke.

This should be absolutely no competition whatsoever.  Luke is focused on simply because he was destined, just like the Exile was, to bring about the rebirth of the Jedi Order.

The Exile is desinted to bring about the rebirth of the Jedi Order?!? That's the first I hear of it... Revan (if LS) and Bastila seem to be just as likely candidates.

The Exile could be instrumental in bringing a new order about, but we don't even know how many other masters are still in hiding (Nomi is probably one), and an exiled jedi who is a wound in the force doesn't seem to make for the best of founders. That force wound has to be resolved first, before that is likely to happen.

In a duel, Revan wouldwin simply because he is one of the most powerful Force users who ever lived.  If Luke is a powerhouse, then Revan is a blazing sun.

On what basis? Revan may have been powerful in his time, but he still didn't see Malak's betrayal, wasn't able to resist the masters reprogramming his mind, couldn't resist the dark side, etc...

People really need to consider the New Jedi Order novels or at least read up on Luke's later life before they pass judgment on his abilities - he became far stronger than Anakin/Vader or Revan ever did. And before people say they hate the EU and don't accept it, bear in mind that KotOR is EU also. :cat:

To your first point, content that was cut from The Sith Lords included the Exile telling either I believe the Handmaiden or Visas that they would have to rebuild the Jedi Order now that Atris was dead. The Exile's Wikipedia page clearly states that he indirectly gave birth to the version of the Order that lasted from this time up till Revenge of the Sith.

To your second, I DO consider Luke's abilities in the EU and still believe that Revan was more powerful. Tradiitonally, the farther you go back in the Star Wars timeline, the more powerful the Force users and the purer the lightsaber techniques are. Judging from a time differance like you did is even greater proof that Revan was more powerful than Luke.

swesbrly5iz.gif

You're using force powers that are in a Video Game vs ones that are in the movies or books.  I would make the assumption that  if the other jedi in your party (ie Juhani, Jolee, Bastilla) can use those pwers than Luke would be able to use them regardless of whether we actually see him use it in the books and movies. 

In a straight duel I will always go with Luke.

Well in game terms Revans not more powerful than the other Jedi unless you hog all the good stuff.

Revan post getting blown up , well just sucks.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

To your first point, content that was cut from The Sith Lords included the Exile telling either I believe the Handmaiden or Visas that they would have to rebuild the Jedi Order now that Atris was dead.  The Exile's Wikipedia page clearly states that he indirectly gave birth to the version of the Order that lasted from this time up till Revenge of the Sith.

To your second, I DO consider Luke's abilities in the EU and still believe that Revan was more powerful.  Tradiitonally, the farther you go back in the Star Wars timeline, the more powerful the Force users and the purer the lightsaber techniques are.  Judging from a time differance like you did is even greater proof that Revan was more powerful than Luke.

First, the closest you get to the Exile's companions rebuilding the order is actually in the game during Kreia's predictions for the future.

Kreia: "You travel with them for so long, yet you do not know them still. Feel them through the Force, feel what they feel, hear their thoughts and know them, as I fought to know you.They were the Lost Jedi, you know. The true Jedi, upon which the future will be built. They simply needed a leader, and a teacher."

But Kreia is characteristically vague, and so there is doubt what we can infer from those comments.

Second, I think saying that Revan must be stronger because he was further back in history is, well, not a very compelling argument. And even if that was to be considered a valid argument, Luke has access to holocrons all the way back from Ossus, which predates Revan, so he could certainly have learned far more than Revan ever did.

Besides, plausibility seems to suggest that argument is flawed. Throughout history knowledge and skill tend to grow and expand, not regress. I see no reason why that isn't just as likely to be true for jedi and sith as for anyone else. On the contrary, their constant war of light vs. dark would rather suggest that they have to continually grow more powerful or else be wiped out by their eternal enemies.

Spectre and Architect must shush now.

The reason Revan has few powers is because s/he's in an RPG, you eegits.

It's hard to say who'd win. Luke may be good and the son of the chosen one, but Revan once stormed through the Star Forge, killing insane numbers of Dark Jedi. I guess if it came to tactics Revan would win. If we're talking Luke from any time prior to ROTJ, he'd lose.

And Luke is waaaaaay cooler than Revan. Luke is what Star Wars is all about, dammit. And his last name is 'Skywalker'. That's a cool name.

I've read all the pages of this topic and it must be said that if Revan and Luke are compared you must take into consideration all we know of Revan and Luke(including EU).

I am a huge Revan fanboy and love the guy to death (bald black guy :D ) but if you take into account what Luke has done in the movies and in the EU I think he would beat Revan. Revan might have an edge because I am sure he was raised since he was a baby in the Jedi ways and Luke started when he was 19 or 20.

In the end Luke>Revan.

I've read all the pages of this topic and it must be said that if Revan and Luke are compared you must take into consideration all we know of Revan and Luke(including EU).

I am a huge Revan fanboy and love the guy to death (bald black guy :D ) but if you take into account what Luke has done in the movies and in the EU I think he would beat Revan. Revan might have an edge because I am sure he was raised since he was a baby in the Jedi ways and Luke started when he was 19 or 20.

In the end Luke>Revan.

When you take the EU into consideration Luke isn't the most powerful Jedi in the New Jedi Order. Kyp Durron is more powerful, Anakin Solo might also be more powerful while it is often argumented that Revan was the most powerful Jedi in his time.

How about that.

Master Vandar lives!

In the end Luke>Revan.

When you take the EU into consideration Luke isn't the most powerful Jedi in the New Jedi Order. Kyp Durron is more powerful, Anakin Solo might also be more powerful while it is often argumented that Revan was the most powerful Jedi in his time.

How about that.

With the exception of the Black Fleet Crisis and some of the more obscure comics I've read everything in the EU. No where does it say that Kyp is more powerful than Luke. There is no doubt that Kyp is extremely strong in the force but not stronger than Luke. There are arguements to be made about how powerful Anakin Solo would have become, but the key words there are "would have" When he died in Star by Star he was no where near more powerful than Luke.

In re-reading this post I come across has ridiculous Luke Fanboy but I do believe when we take everything we know about the characters into consideration Luke is far and away the more powerful Jedi.

In the end Luke>Revan.

When you take the EU into consideration Luke isn't the most powerful Jedi in the New Jedi Order. Kyp Durron is more powerful, Anakin Solo might also be more powerful :- while it is often argumented that Revan was the most powerful Jedi in his time.

How about that.

Kyp is strong, nearly strong enough to challenge Luke. Note word nearly. :*

And of course, Luke could use his

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

In the end Luke>Revan.

How about that.

Nah. Like others have said Kyp was arguably one of the strongest Jedi but not as powerful as Luke, that's why Luke is made Grand Master. And Anakin Solo died before he could reach his "true" potential just like his grandfather got chopped up befor he realized his "true" potential.

Nah. Like others have said Kyp was arguably one of the strongest Jedi but not as powerful as Luke, that's why Luke is made Grand Master. And Anakin Solo died before he could reach his "true" potential just like his grandfather got chopped up befor he realized his "true" potential.

Kyp is strong, nearly strong enough to challenge Luke. Note word nearly. 

Master Vandar lives!

Kyp is strong, nearly strong enough to challenge Luke. Note word nearly. 

First of all I agree with Jedophile's point completely. Considering Kyp's a notorious ego-maniac, that's obviously his views of his own power.

I've taken this from Star Wars Wiki

"Kyp Durron was a Jedi Master, one of the first to be trained at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Praxeum. Kyp was a powerful Jedi, but a frustration to Skywalker's attempts to create a good name for the New Jedi Order. As a Jedi Master, Kyp was one of the most powerful Jedi in the Order, almost rivaling Luke Skywalker in lightsaber and Force skills."

Edited by Stewdawg24

@ hawk: Just to add on to Jediphile's and Stewdawg24's arguments, I think that that passage is a prime example of unreliable narration, when the story is told from a character's POV, which means it is told with that character's opinions, biases, the whole lot. The Catcher in the Rye is the biggest example I can think of that uses that technique. Just an FYI. :thumbsup:

Edited by Vall Konnar

Well, at least it was some text completely taken out of an official book. And Wikipedia? Well, that isn't so official either. I guess we would never know. Some text that I can take from the book after the battle (Kyp did succeed in his objective mind you)

Kyp felt obliterated, bone-tired, as though he'd run for days, drawing on the Force to sustain him, and had finally settled down for rest.

My opinion after these comments? I guess we wouldn't know and we probably never will who is the stronger one of these two. But I guess we shouldn't continue discussing who is stronger (Kyp or Luke), before a mod locks the thread. The thread was about Revan versus Luke.

Master Vandar lives!

as much as i hate luke from the movies. in the books he basically becomes a jedi god. he is described as a complete embodiment of the force. if he chooses he can become a maelstrom of force energy and fight as if hes swining 20 lightsabers at once. he fought thousands vong, at once, and obliterated them. his final fight with the emporer was felt throughout the galaxy. he is capable of moving black holes by himself. he developed a instant kill force power called emerald lightning. he is the most powerful jedi that has ever existed.

All of you really really need to get out more. Seriously, I'm worried.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds