Aliens Interbreeding

Zachech

Is it ok for humans and aliens or aliens and aliens to interbreed? Or just gross?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ok for humans and aliens or aliens and aliens to interbreed? Or just gross?

• Acceptable
    • Gross (and impossible)

yeah obviously interbreeding would have to be with primate type creatures.  i got the idea from star trek (go figure!) what with kinglons, vulcans, romulans, and a bunch of other species all looking pretty similar (probably because of the budget and technology of the times, but whatever, they explain it in one TNG episode as all of those species coming from one master race that lived alone in the galaxy billions of years ago and terraformed a bunch of worlds and started life to evolve into forms similar to their own.  so off topic!).

Sounds like Asimov's rationale for humans in his magnum opus.

I think it would make more sense in sci-fi than in fantasy, because in a more futuristic setting where there is more science, people would want to experiment with certain things and would have the technology to "grow" certain crossbreeds and such.  Whereas in fantasy it is more gross.  Like with orcs.  What the heck.  Who would even do that.....

Most half-orcs are from rapes.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hmmm...  I wonder what a human would be like with all the junk DNA removed.

I want cyborg humans. All emotions ripped out of them, only logic remains.

What about the boogie?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

OK so in fantasy RPG's you get stuff like half-orcs, half-elves, etc.  So in my sci-fi RPG, I was thinking what if you had alien species and humans interbreeding?  Naturally, it would only work with humanoid aliens, but still.  Is that just weird?

Sci-Fi Rule # 5: If it looks like a cookie, talks like a cookie and walks like a cookie, it's fair game to eat it like a cookie. :D

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Most half-orcs are from rapes.

Half-orcs need love too. Unless like the mules, they couldn't reproduce?

It's true you know! Half-Orcs are the progeny of rapes and to a lesser extent incest! o:)

That reminds me of when that Daelan d00d from NWN said he hopes his bravery will earn him a wife. I was so like, "Which bitch would want to stare at an ugly mug* like yours, freak!"

Alas, the desired dialog option was lacking. :(

But we must be strong for the denizens of Toril! Vote Pro-Choice and silence those who would BAN abortion of Half-Orcs from the Forgotten Realms!

chara_a3.jpg

"The 'ugly yet honorable' thing doesn't go down well with the chicks. Otherwise I would have bagged myself a broad come HotU."

manthing2.jpg

You are misunderestimating the power of pluto.

Sounds like a plausible explanation: Half-Orcs are the Mules (and Hinnies) of the D&D world. After all, there were (unexplained and unexpected) sterile generations of genetically engineered grasses (wheat) after several generations in some tests.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You are misunderestimating the power of pluto.

Sounds like a plausible explanation: Half-Orcs are the Mules (and Hinnies) of the D&D world. After all, there were (unexplained and unexpected) sterile generations of genetically engineered grasses (wheat) after several generations in some tests.

Indeed.

And if Fallout has taught us anything is that Brutish Ugly Freaks of Nature Lacking Any Semblance of Intelligence are destined to dwindle in the realms of sterility. Call it nature's safety mechanism. :thumbsup:

manthing2.jpg

• 1 year later...

Seriously.

I mean, come one. Worst necro ever.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The Imperial Inquisition are pretty clear on this one. Revile the alien! Cleanse! Purify! TERMITE TERMITE TERMITE!

Wait, no, that last bit was Nemesis.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

From Rogue Trader:

Catechism of the Xeno, from the Third Book of Indoctrinations.

To be Unclean, That is the Mark of the Xenos

To be Impure, That is the Mark of the Xenos

To be Abhorred, That is the Mark of the Xenos

To be Reviled, That is the Mark of the Xenos

To be Hunted, That is the Mark of the Xenos

To be Purged, That is the fate of the Xenos

To be Cleansed, For that is the fate of all Xenos

You do need breed with Aliens, you purge them with flamer and bolter shells.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

From Rogue Trader:

Catechism of the Xeno, from the Third Book of Indoctrinations.

To be Unclean, That is the Mark of the Xenos

To be Impure, That is the Mark of the Xenos

To be Abhorred, That is the Mark of the Xenos

To be Reviled, That is the Mark of the Xenos

To be Hunted, That is the Mark of the Xenos

To be Purged, That is the fate of the Xenos

To be Cleansed, For that is the fate of all Xenos

You do need breed with Aliens, you purge them with flamer and bolter shells.

In the edition of 40k I had that was 'mutant', not 'xenos'. But it's still very much in the spirirt of things.

Incidentaly, for an explanation of WHY aliens are likely to wind up in dorect conflict with us (and hence why we need to boot them on every opportunity), try reading The Kraken Wakes, by John Wyndham.

-Elwood Blues

Incidentaly, for an explanation of WHY aliens are likely to wind up in dorect conflict with us (and hence why we need to boot them on every opportunity), try reading The Kraken Wakes, by John Wyndham.

I know why aliens are likely to end up in conflict with humans...

"With sword and spear destroy the Xenos. With cannon shot and gun blast smash the Xenos. With laser beam and searing plasma scatter the Xenos to the sand. With tooth and fist and hammer blows, with axe and shell and poison-bombs, with virus-charge and thermal mines!

Kill them! Kill them! Kill them all!"

See? Their existance can not be tolerated. No love for aliens.

Found Kraken Wakes on Amazon.co.uk, added it to my "to-do" list (it looked quite intriguing) just in case >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Listen not to the alien, Look not upon the alien, Speak not unto the alien.

After the orbital strikes, Thunderhawk bombardments, Whirlwinds, Vindicators, fusion and starfire and finally Battle Brothers with flamers had finished cleansing the world of all the enemies of Man, we built a monastery in the center of the largest, most radioactive impact crater. We named the planet "Tranquility", for it was very quiet now.

~Brother Vlad Carthas

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds