Dark Messiah of Might & Magic

karka

RPGDot: And the story takes place in a classical fantasy world or will there be other elements like for example the Sci-Fi elements in earlier M&M games?

Julien: The Sci-Fi elements have been removed from the M&M universe background for now.

:blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It will suck because MM sucks.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't visit these forums more often..

Please note to remind yourself Gabrielle is in NO way a representation of what to meet on this forums.

Of course not. We got debators, spamers and attitudes like BattleCookiee, Hades, Alan, Meta, so on and so forth.

Hmm, after reading the rest of the interview, combat sounds like it has potential. Prominent use of physics is a good thing. Aiming at various body parts, body awareness, all sounds good. Too bad they didn't speak about multiplayer.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Meh, this game was never about old-school roleplaying. It's a fast action romp with some customizing options for your character, which is just fine with me. It looks like they have managed to make a fun combat system, all the better when I get to decapitate a gobbie and play soccer with his head.

Edited by Berserk

Meta, seen any footage? In one of the clips, the PC casts an ice spell on the ground, around the corner of some pretty tall tower. An orc chasing the PC comes around the corner, then slips off the tower, ragdoll-style. Very cool.

Hadescopy.jpg

Meta, seen any footage? In one of the clips, the PC casts an ice spell on the ground, around the corner of some pretty tall tower. An orc chasing the PC comes around the corner, then slips off the tower, ragdoll-style. Very cool.

Yeah, saw that. :lol:

It sounds more FPS than RPG, but that isn't a criticism, just a lame categorisation. FPS with RPG elements, as if Gordon Freeman gets a new HGV suit, or the super-jump from the first game when he get's to Xen ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I do wonder why they chose a well known RPG brand to make an action game? Weren't there any other licenses they could use instead?

Not that I care, the last Might and Magic I enjoyed was.. uh.. Might and Magic 8 now that I think about it (I thought it was Might and Magic 6).

ANYHOW.. It's looking good so far and since it's made by the guys behind Arx Fatalis (very decent RPG) I'll give it the benefit of a doubt.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yeah, my main gripe with the game so far would probably be that they're bastardizing a known franchise. I don't particularly care, since I've never really played a MM game, but to those fans, this is probably similar to the FO/FOPOS fiasco. At least, they're not naming it MM10.

Hadescopy.jpg

Yeah, saw that. :lol:

It sounds more FPS than RPG, but that isn't a criticism, just a lame categorisation. FPS with RPG elements, as if Gordon Freeman gets a new HGV suit, or the super-jump from the first game when he get's to Xen ...

HEV HEV

Oh the atrocities.