Oblivion GOLD!

taks

So many people have already said that this game sucks, despite its not being released or finished at the time. We should have a prize for the first person to post 'Oblivion sucks' with a picture of themselves holding the actual game box. Probably at 12.01am on March 20. :rolleyes:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

So many people have already said that this game sucks, despite its not being released or finished at the time.  We should have a prize for the first person to post 'Oblivion sucks' with a picture of themselves holding the actual game box.  Probably at 12.01am on March 20. :rolleyes:

But that gives an unfair advantage to the American Forum members!

And I won't buy Oblivion at launch (as I already mentioned... too expansive... couldn't get enough of the price).

I bought MW as well when it was 5 euro's... (and even then had slow performance and memory leaks on my PC)

Still waiting for ShadowStrider to report if his NDA has lifted and he can share some more on ES IV

OXM Magazine has the first review already:

Summary:

Score:9.5

+Need more synanyms for fun, depth, and deep

+Great Story?!!

-Graphics hurt game from technical standpoint

It was beaten by, Fight Night 3 which got a 10/10

Original thread: http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=422133

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

-Graphics hurt game from technical standpoint

What do they mean by this..?

Probably iffy framerate.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I hope Oblivion will have lots of quests like looking for the awesome mage guild members that play pranks on the guild head by casting Invisible on themselves or hunting down lions that have been hiding in people's basements and killing people's rats. I mean, how are those *not* genius?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

heh, im always hesitant of magazine reviews and pre release reviews.

After all these same mags said SWG was ground breaking and STILL like FFXI (makes me wonder if they ever played it honestly or just got paid for the reveiw).

Ill wait till I see some reveiws that highlight the good and the bad (as every game has some) and then decide if ill take a chance like I did with Morrowind (thats $10.00 Ill never get back).

and STILL like FFXI

Off-topic, but what's wrong with FFXI?

I've been playing for three years. It's one of the last MMORPG that has not succumb to all the new obnoxious MMORPG trends... Rapid leveling, instanced zoning, easy money making, etc.

I can see why most wouldn't like it though, it's not a MMORPG for the WoW people... It's hard... lots of things to learn, very involved battle system, complex in game economy, very interesting storyline and most importantly of all, very, very social.

Anyways, back on topic...

I saw the Xbox 360 slow-downs coming. It's far too early for them to utilize the full potential of the machine.

And my computer would cough up blood if I tried to run this game. But my birthday is in April.....

If you're asking for a computer for your birthday, you're just going to be disappointed.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

OXM Magazine has the first review already:
If there are reviews just after Gold (and WAY before Release) you can be certain they got cash in order to give a good review...

Another thought-provoking post by our resident part-time conspiracy theorist.

Edited by Blank

I hope you are going to COMPLETE the entire game before you pass judgement ...!

I think I gave Morrowind 8/10 when I reviewed it a billion years ago :'(

The damn game fooled me. It kept me thinking "Soon it'll get better, soon the good bits will start" but it never did. It trudged on until it suddenly ended without even a cut-scene as consolation. Gaah, stupid game makes me angry even now!

What are you talking about? Morrowind had a cutscene when you completed the main quest.

What are you talking about? Morrowind had a cutscene when you completed the main quest.

You're right. You got to see

a big statue crumble for ten seconds

, using the graphics engine and a not-so-complicated script. I was actually referring to a change in the world, perhaps a pre-rendered movie showing people celebrating, some sort of reward for completing the game? I just felt ripped off that even after I defeated an evil god, all that happens is that before mentioned ten second scene. One of the most unfulfilling end sequences ever.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You're right. You got to see

a big statue crumble for ten seconds

, using the graphics engine and a not-so-complicated script. I was actually referring to a change in the world, perhaps a pre-rendered movie showing people celebrating, some sort of reward for completing the game? I just felt ripped off that even after I defeated an evil god, all that happens is that before mentioned ten second scene. One of the most unfulfilling end sequences ever.

It wasn't much but Red Mountain became normal and people you talked to would recognize you as the Nerevar. It wasn't just " a statue crumbling", you also saw how the blight dissapeared and the sky over Red Mountain became blue again. I was fine with that ending since it was as much "ending sequence" you usually get with the Elder Scrolls games.

I was fine with that ending since it was as much "ending sequence" you usually get with the Elder Scrolls games.

Actually.. If you played Daggerfall to the end, you ended up with one of seven pre-rendered cut scenes, depending on which faction you were friends with. Sure, they were pretty short, but they tied up the loose ends much better than the scripted even that took place after Morrowind was completed.

You can watch them all here:

http://til.gamingsource.net/tsod/mantella.shtml

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If they havnt addressed those issues of choppyness and frame drops. There are going to be a lot of annoyed people.

I wouldnt trust OXM if they told me the sky was blue though (without checking first).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]