ok, i was just playing k1 againg the other day and i realized something. on the leviathon if you use HK to rescue you, two sith soldiers are talking about him and one says that he found a hunter-killer droid in the back. i assumed that there were more hk's around, and that they are fairly recognizable. why then in K2 does the entire republic fleet accept the HK-50's as protocol droids? i would think someone in that entire fleet would recognize them and i doubt they can erase all evidence of there true function. is this a plot hole or am i just missing something?

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

ok, i was just playing k1 againg the other day and i realized something.  on the leviathon if you use HK to rescue you, two sith soldiers are talking about him and one says that he found a hunter-killer droid in the back.  i assumed that there were more hk's around, and that they are fairly recognizable.  why then in K2 does the entire republic fleet accept the HK-50's as protocol droids?  i would think someone in that entire fleet would recognize them and i doubt they can erase all evidence of there true function.  is this a plot hole or am i just missing something?

the Hunter Killer droid was HK-47, and he was the only HK until the HK-50s...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

He's right, it's a plot hole. Same prefix, same skeleton, there's a saying, "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...." Someone should have recognized the HK-50s for what they are.

Edited by SSgtSniper

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

Maybe when the Droid Factory is restored by Team Gizka, we'll get some answers.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Trooper One: Have you searched the ship thoroughly? Admiral Karath warned me to be on alert for any kind of treachery.

Trooper Two: We found a disabled hunter-killer droid in the back of the ship.

Trooper One: Excellent. We can reprogram this droid to fight in our own army. Wipe its memory chip and take it to the salvage shop. The technicians will deal with it later.

What I want to know is, if we have HK-47 in KotOR1 and HK-50s in KotOR2 (with HK-51s in the cut content), then where the heck is HK-48 and HK-49?!?  :devil:

In some of the cut dialogue between HK-47 and the HK-50's in the factory, the HK-50's reveal that the older generations were used for target practice when they became obsolete. they probably looked the same and had the same purpose as the later models.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

there could be more hk-47's, considering how many hk-50's were made, maybe revan wanted more to produce, although you dont see any in k1

if hk 50's were put in k1 and with the abilities of Hk in number one... 47 would easily outclass em. Plus if HK 47 had all of his abilites (you know.. the ones you found after repairing him, plus all the other functionality) he could easily smash all the 50's.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

HK-47 was unique. This was done so they wouldn't find out it was a "Combat Droid"...

The HK-50 mass production infuriates HK-47 because it seriously spoils his cover as it becomes more and more clear what these droids are...

Even though it's quite apparent that the entire Sith Army knew about HK droid models.

there could be more hk-47's, considering how many hk-50's were made, maybe revan wanted more to produce, although you dont see any in k1

if hk 50's were put in k1 and with the abilities of Hk in number one... 47 would easily outclass em. Plus if HK 47 had all of his abilites (you know.. the ones you found after repairing him, plus all the other functionality) he could easily smash all the 50's.

i never implied that, you misread

HK-47 was unique. This was done so they wouldn't find out it was a "Combat Droid"...

The HK-50 mass production infuriates HK-47 because it seriously spoils his cover as it becomes more and more clear what these droids are...

Even though it's quite apparent that the entire Sith Army knew about HK droid models.

Well, two sith soldiers mentioned it. That doesn't mean the entire sith army does.

When the grunts know, you can bet most of the army knows. Just because officer don't know their hind ends from a hole in the ground, doesn't mean the army doesn't know.