Sony announces US date for Blu-Ray

What Sony really needs to do is create a way to play the UMD movies on a TV.  Right now they only work on the PSP.  I heard someone was working on a way to port it, but an outside company will probably fail to keep the picture quality high.  Right now there is little reason to buy UMD movies.  They are too expensive and not everyone wants to squint at the PSP screen.  If I can play them on the TV, suddenly I have two reasons to buy them.

I thought they were working on some sort of device for that ?

You could say the same about the games though. Why squint at PSP screen? But if you like movies but dont play games it's not a bad thing. Mine gets used for anime more than anything. Longer battery life wouldnt hurt. It kind of pushes the definition of portable when you put the extended battery pack on.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

What Sony really needs to do is create a way to play the UMD movies on a TV.  Right now they only work on the PSP.  I heard someone was working on a way to port it, but an outside company will probably fail to keep the picture quality high.  Right now there is little reason to buy UMD movies.  They are too expensive and not everyone wants to squint at the PSP screen.  If I can play them on the TV, suddenly I have two reasons to buy them.

Apparently the UMD movies have a resolution that looks amazing on PSP, but on a full sized TV looks like crap. Hehe, and apparently the movies sell better than the games.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't normally watch movies more than once.

If your looking for something to buy your PSP try this.

http://shop.uk.playstation.com/product_det...partno=00000005

for the link shy.

PSP

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Or this ugly but useful little beast:

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3707

A 4 GB harddrive that works like a memory stick, complete with a battery pack that actually prolongs the batterylife of the PSP, even though you're getting a harddrive on top of it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Minor thread pruning done. I would like to think some threads can be salvaged from the infestation of spam. Plus this topic is of interest to myself and would like to see what further information can be gained.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Trivia

* The letter "e" was intentionally left out of the name to allow trademarking, as the term "blue ray" is a commonly used phrase and can't be registered as a trademark.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I heard on radio that the two sides tried to come to a deal but ended up walking out and saying no deal will be made.

Formyself, this just eliminates any DVD purchases from Sony for me.

I might buy a Blue Ray when it costs $100.00 or less but not before and not buying a PS3 because of it thats foir sure!

Frankly I think Sony making a mistake and will pay for it in the long run financially!

I heard on radio that the two sides tried to come to a deal but ended up walking out and saying no deal will be made.

Formyself, this just eliminates any DVD purchases from Sony for me.

I might buy a Blue Ray when it costs $100.00 or less but not before and not buying a PS3 because of it thats foir sure!

Frankly I think Sony making a mistake and will pay for it in the long run financially!

I agree with you, although I wasn't planning on buying a PS3 in the first place. I could buy two really good HF rigs (HAM radios for you normal people) for what the thing is going to cost.

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.