Fallout 3 : Ideas and suggestions

astr0creep

I did a search and didn't find anything like this topic so there you go.

Post your ideas and suggestions on what Fallout 3 should be about, should contain, the way it would be made, anything you'd like in Fallout 3.

This thread is meant to be like the one we have for KOTOR3. So please, use your imagination and post your ideas and suggestions about how FO3 should be here. Storyline ideas are very welcome. ;)

Me, I would really like a FPS/RPG hybrid, like Deus Ex but with slower pacing, more conversations and, of course, set in the Fallout universe.

:D

Edited by astr0creep

Yea, um, maybe do this over on the Beth boards?

but I still love you :)

Well, on this board there are threads all sorts of games, computer and consoles.

And since the other FO3 thread is full of off-topic ideas and suggestions stuff(off topic for that particular thread) this one was born.

If it has no place here I'm sure the mods will shut it down. ;)

Edited by astr0creep

The thing that appealed second most to me was the feeling of an "open" world. I was the one who created the story as I moved around the wasteland, surviving, searching, saving my vault/village and generally being busy being the chosen one. Never mind that it was the overseer/village elder that chose me ;)"

For me, Fallout was how it was done right and Morrowind how it wasn't.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The thing that appealed second most to me was the feeling of an "open" world. I was the one who created the story as I moved around the wasteland, surviving, searching, saving my vault/village and generally being busy being the chosen one. Never mind that it was the overseer/village elder that chose me  ;)"

I really don't understand why people compare Fallout with Morrowind. They are 2 completely different games, save for the open-endedness. It probably has something to do with Bethesda acquiring the licence to Fallout and many people believing they can't do FO3 justice. That we won't know until we get some info on FO3 from Bethesda.

Comparing FO with Baldur's Gate would be more relevant I think.

And this thread is about ideas and suggestions for Fallout 3, not bitching about Bethesda.

Thank you and good night(or day, wherever you are).

I really don't understand why people compare Fallout with Morrowind. They are 2 completely different games, save for the open-endedness.
The open endedness being exactly what was compared ;)

It probably has something to do with Bethesda acquiring the licence to Fallout and many people believing they can't do FO3 justice. That we won't know until we get some info on FO3 from Bethesda.
Lets just say that, based on previous releases, a certain pessimism is going to prevail until proven unfounded. We are all entitled to bias and prejudices o:)

Comparing FO with Baldur's Gate would be more relevant I think.
Why ? :huh:

And this thread is about ideas and suggestions for Fallout 3, not bitching about Bethesda.
I can't remember mentioning that company even once in this thread :shifty:

Which brings me back to my first post, I liked the open endedness the way it was done in one game and not another (and therefore would like to see that done again the way I liked it vs. the way I didn't like it)

Thank you and good night(or day, wherever you are).
Good night. I'm currently in northern Europe :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The thing that appealed second most to me was the feeling of an "open" world. I was the one who created the story as I moved around the wasteland, surviving, searching, saving my vault/village and generally being busy being the chosen one. Never mind that it was the overseer/village elder that chose me  :thumbsup:"

I think one of the reasons that worked on FO was because the method of travel was so abstract. It's not like Morrowind where you can wander around for hours and see nothing of particular interest.

I found it very easy to become dissasociated with Morrowinds story because of the wandering around , as well as finding out I was somewhat godlike when I got back on track.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I think FO3 should be just like Morrowind except with miniguns and ninjas and hairy deathclaws. A whole city of deathclaws, hairy and intelligent, and they should really be aliens sent to invade a war ravaged earth. And the new vault dweller has to shoot them all with her minigun while avoiding the katanta wielding ninjas.

That'd be totally awesome.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I think FO3 should be just like Morrowind except with miniguns and ninjas and hairy deathclaws.  A whole city of deathclaws, hairy and intelligent, and they should really be aliens sent to invade a war ravaged earth.  And the new vault dweller has to shoot them all with her minigun while avoiding the katanta wielding ninjas.

That'd be totally awesome.

Now we're heading in the right direction with this thread. You will probably make enemies by writing this CrashGirl, but thats where we want to go. Ideas and suggestions for the next Fallout game. :-

Hairy deathclaws are what Fallout is all about. I want one for a pet. I would have it wear a little pink color and call her Mathilda. Awesome NPC right there.

I mean Fallout was good, but with a little innovation it could be tons better.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I want a isometric turn based RPG where you can control your whole party.

I want it to be set around the time of Fallout 2, but in a different part of the country.

I also want the main character to not be some clueless n00b coming from a vault or a tribe in the hills.