Morrowind questions, need help please

Kalfear

Okies so Im forcing myself to play Morrowind (as I bought it), have tried before but lost interest fast. So Im at a cross roads now.

I have finished first town and half way through second one and STILL have no idea what the storyline is. Whats my agenda? My goals? Why am I doing all this? Someone explain it to me please.

Now I admit I have started to skip reading stuff because 24 page books every 2 rooms and asking every NPC 30 different questions is just to much and to boring, if I wanted to read "War and Peace" , I would read "War and Peace".

So my questions are"

1) Whats the story line as I have yet to see any patern or meaning form in the game?

2) Does the game get better or does it remain just ALOT of reading with no answers or meaning? (get quest, run quest, get quest, run quest for no other reason then doing them)

Also I HATE HATE HATE the combat in Morrowind. Worst combat I have ever seen in a RPG to date.

PS: About Oblivion if anyone knows.

1) Does it have a better combat system (auto targeting and REAL 3rd person option desperately needed)

2) Is its story line more straight forward the Morrowind?

Thanks for answers in advance!

PPS: KotOR1&2 and JE have really spoiled me far as storylines and user interfaces go. Can really see the problems in Morrowind after playing those 3 games.

I just got the game today, and I feel pretty much the same way as you.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

...best advice one can give on BoringWind:

TAKE IT BACK FER A REFUND!

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I really only got it because Best Buy doesn't sell X-Men Legends amd I had a gift card.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Hmm, pretty tough questions. I remember enjoying it the first time around, but I didn't get far in the story. After a few missions in Balmora, I went to work for a guild. For some reason, I really enjoyed the Fighter's and Rogue Guild missions. They were mostly, go here, kill this NPC, but it felt like I was making good progress. So I'd recommend hitting the big city and joining a guild.

Check your diary. I know it's cumbersome and loquatious, but it has a record of everything.

You need to find a dude in the second town (use the Strider things, it's quicker).

That dude will give you some instructions and resources.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Check your diary. I know it's cumbersome and loquatious, but it has a record of everything.

You need to find a dude in the second town (use the Strider things, it's quicker).

That dude will give you some instructions and resources.

did that Meta, actually almost finished the mines (keep dieing to the spirit in lower levels)

DEFINATELY not looking forward to all the trips back and forth from barmora to mines and back to loot the place and sell off the goods! What a hassle. Will take like 20 trips I think.

Makes for a really good arguement about not having encumberance in games!

Sounds like the reasons I stopped playing. Bad combat, no story, uninteresting NPCs. Its like they were like "Ok, what makes a good RPG... deep NPCs... good story... good Combat... and Freedom... ok pick one and ignore the others. Balance is overrated."

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Jeez, pixies, if you were desperate for a Xbox RPG, you could have gone for Jade Empire.

But Volo liked it.

The story is dull. I think you have to enjoy the game for it's own sake to stick it out.

Or at least to stick it out long enough to get to a point where the story becomes even mildly engaging. Which requires a lot of walking.

Morrowind is a game for people who like to explore much like you would in an MMPORG.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Also, if you likes suck games.

Gabrielle?

Okies so Im forcing myself to play Morrowind (as I bought it), have tried before but lost interest fast. So Im at a cross roads now.

I have finished first town and half way through second one and STILL have no idea what the storyline is. Whats my agenda? My goals? Why am I doing all this? Someone explain it to me please.

Now I admit I have started to skip reading stuff because 24 page books every 2 rooms and asking every NPC 30 different questions is just to much and to boring, if I wanted to read "War and Peace" , I would read "War and Peace".

So my questions are"

1) Whats the story line as I have yet to see any patern or meaning form in the game?

2) Does the game get better or does it remain just ALOT of reading with no answers or meaning? (get quest, run quest, get quest, run quest for no other reason then doing them)

Also I HATE HATE HATE the combat in Morrowind. Worst combat I have ever seen in a RPG to date.

PS: About Oblivion if anyone knows.

1) Does it have a better combat system (auto targeting and REAL 3rd person option desperately needed)

2) Is its story line more straight forward the Morrowind?

Thanks for answers in advance!

PPS: KotOR1&2 and JE have really spoiled me far as storylines and user interfaces go. Can really see the problems in Morrowind after playing those 3 games.

Try to understand the history of the world, the history of Morrowind. Also the h. from NPC-s and the dwarfes. If you manage to make this you will love the game.

You can walk where you want, but i suggest you make the game fast, so the VERY long game will not bore you (also use walktrough). I love long games, and Morrowind, but this was too much for me ( i mean the time for it)

Another way to play it: Imagine that you are the char, what would YOU do on an other continent what you don't know of?

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

So my questions are"

1) Just follow the quest line. Its pretty standard fare. I usually don't worry unduly about stories in crpgs as long as they provide some base explanantion to why you are there. Never seen a good one.

2) The gameplay is what the gameplay is and has been since Arena. No one can make you like it. If its not your type of game, then its not your type of game. :shrugs:

If you want serious hints, gameplay tips etc I am happy to give them, but I can't make you like a game. The expansions are a bit tighter as far as story goes, but I don't know if that justifies playing the game in and of itself.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Get Mark / Recall spells, by the way, and the Al-something / Divine interventions. Saves you a lot of walking around.

Only way I was able to finsih Morrowind was with those, and a mod to increase walking speed by 20-30%. 3D rocks aren't so mesmerising when you're on your 17th fedex trip from A to B.

If you primarily follow the main quest, occasionally pursuing something you find interesting, you can "finish" it well under 40 hours. All the complaints are entirely valid, although the lore is deep and things like alchemy are worth a few hours.