A disturbing trend

Laozi

Being seduced/coerced into a sexual relationship with an adult, especially an authority figure, will scar a child's psychological development permanently. Period. It will affect every aspect of that child's life, and steals their childhood.

It is child abuse. Gender doesn't matter. If that 11 year old had been raped by a male teacher, nobody would be going "woo-woo, answer to a horny kid's dream!" If an 11 year old girl had been raped by a male teacher (or a female teacher for that matter), nobody would be cheering it on. But because this particular raped 11 year old was a boy, and his rapist was a "hot blonde", then it's not only okay, it's chants of "lucky kid!"

No child is lucky to be raped. The only thing more appalling than the act itself is reading some of the reactions to it.

Edited by ~Di

I think that just because one remembers being a horny 11 year old does not make it OK. When I was eleven I was starting to notice girls, but I also really wanted to go off and join the Royal Marines. If I had actually been sent off to war with the Marines I would have been totally incapable of coping with the experience by virtue of immaturity. Ditto for the girls, IMO.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think that just because one remembers being a horny 11 year old does not make it OK. When I was eleven I was starting to notice girls, but I also really wanted to go off and join the Royal Marines. If I had actually been sent off to war with the Marines I would have been totally incapable of coping with the experience by virtue of immaturity. Ditto for the girls, IMO.

Eleven is very young although cases with older "children" are much more common.

Society forces people to stay immature (or at least some do). If you look at the example of WWI lots of underaged "men" signed up to fight. Since adults (by the defined term) have the same sort of issues with war. There really isnt anything that says these "men" were not equipped to deal with war. Although again an 11 year old marine would be a no no, you have 8 year old (and younger soldiers) fighting in the congo. Not that long ago (couple of 100 years) you had squires serving their apprenticeship around that age. As well as people being married at the age of 12 generally to much older husbands (which still happens today).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Shadowpaladin: Good point about the child soldiers, but bear in mind those kids get permanently messed up.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Shadowpaladin: Good point about the child soldiers, but bear in mind those kids get permanently messed up.

Maybe , though remember those "kids" are being judged by our standards where they would be going to school and playing with toy guns and pretending to shoot people. Not the real thing. As a rule the more dangerous a society, the faster you need to "grow up".

Adults who fight get equally messed up. In some cases even more so.

While we would like to play the civilisation card. You only have to look through history to see just how artificial in some cases these restrictions are. Although in this particular case with an 11 year old and a person in authority, that abuse of power should not go unpinished. But since there are cases of sexually active 11 year olds getting 15 year old girls pregnent I wouldnt personally scream child abuse too loudly. Although under the law it's not an unreasonable thing to do by any means.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Sure we grow up quite slwo in our culture, but both sex and death are very very powerful things that even at 18 are hard to cope with.

-Elwood Blues

"they are not regarded as capable of making an informed decision for themselves."

Oh really? That expalins why children as young as 8 are often charged as adults when it comes to seriosu crimes. Seesm to me that it's pretty random when sociiety decides someone is considered capable of making an 'informed decision'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sure we grow up quite slwo in our culture, but both sex and death are very very powerful things that even at 18 are hard to cope with.

Isn't it true, however, that most kids these days experiment with sex before they're 18? Romantic as it may be to imagine the innocence of childhood, it's been my experience that guys who hadn't "gotten it on" prior to, say, 21 are often seen as losers in the US.

There are doors

The worse thing about this kind of crime is that the victim is likely to commit the same crime one day.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

If they're truly in love, good for them. 

You're kidding, right? Please say you're kidding and I totally missed the sarcasm.

He's ELEVEN. At that age I thought I was in love with Kirk Cameron. (Yes, I realize I'm really dating myself by making that statement.)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

You're kidding, right? Please say you're kidding and I totally missed the sarcasm.

He's ELEVEN. At that age I thought I was in love with Kirk Cameron. (Yes, I realize I'm really dating myself by making that statement.)

You're not that old. I was a fan of Mike Seaver's crazy antics too!

Oh the 11 year olds are just as sick tbh: Click Me

Holy ****...That's a lotta fire power. >_<

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Well minus the sex part I suppose. I'm a romantic at heart so "truly in love" is what most people can only aspire for so kudos to them if they've found it. And no, age difference shouldn't be a significant reason to keep them apart though they should probably wait till he's more mature.

Spreading beauty with my katana.