Freedon Nadd's Temple?

What was the sith doing in the temple of Freedon Nadd? It seemed like a ritual of some sort but it bared no siginifance to the story except for the fact the parties got split. Is it just another cut storyline stuck in limbo :x

It was cool sidequest. Very enjoyable but it bothers me now as to why it is there. Any theories or perhaps I missed something.

Really? The point was to control the beasts?

I think I read somewhere here that the goal of that ritual was to summon Nihilus there, so he could feed off the planet.

Edited by Bulgarian Jedi

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Really? :-

I remember only that: Ritual is now complete blah blah blah thing. No mention about controlling, but I believe you :p

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The whole Beast Thing makes the most sense... although, did any of you notice how the red mist looks erily (sp?) like Nihilus after he poof-icizes? Maybe it was to resurrect him, only to have him summon a horde of undead Sith Lords to attack Onderon... oh, wait, that's stupid. :thumbsup:

(Seriously, though, I think the Beast Thing makes the most sense.)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

If they wanted to bring back Nadd, then why, when "The ritual is complete", would you not have to face Nadd down (which would be really cheesy, since Nadd's Force Spirit has already been wiped from any place touched by the Force.)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

No. Exar Kun met him and anniahalated his eternal soul. It's happened before, and it will happen after (like w/ Ajunta Pall).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Kreia is either very complex, or blindingly simple... I still can't figure out which. After all, they often appear one and the same...

If Revan was LS and Kreia talks of how he probably shouldn't have redeemed Ajunta, she also mentions how such redemption often goes entirely against what you are. But, how can this be true? After all, even an act, a facade pulled over your behavior, can, after time, become who you really are. That, and the Dark Side is notorious for insinuating itself into your personality, so, is it truly the Dark Lord that controls his/her (for you Dark Lady fans out there :ermm: ) actions?

Most of Kreia's truths, half-truths, and downright lies almost all sound as though she is either trying to make herself look good, or make the Jedi look bad. She refuses to accept the fact that the Jedi teach how they do so that people don't "fall", and refuses to acknowledge that her students were 'failures'. She blames the Jedi Council for her own teachings leading to the fall of her students, and rationalizes all of her students' falls in one way or another (this brings up another quick question: Is it possible that Arren Kae could have been one of Kreia's old apprentices? Perhaps Revan went to learn from Kae because Kreia spoke of her highly...???).

IMHO, Kreia really needs to get over herself. :-

Geekified Star Wars Geek

As I have said before - never take Kreia at her word. Ever! If she tells you water is wet, make sure to check, before you believe her! :ermm:

When it comes to Revan, Kreia says all sorts of things about how great and flawless Revan was. But consider the source. Revan was Kreia's greatest student, so she's scarcely unbiased on the matter. Indeed, with the council declaring all her students failures and her teachings therefore flawed, she has good reasons for seeing Revan in the most positive light, so she can "declare victory" in spite of anything the masters say.

And Revan did learn from Kae:

Disciple: "Many of the Jedi Council trained Exar Kun, Ulic... Revan and Malak. How could they not see the danger they posed? And if they could not......perhaps there was some essential part of their teachings that was flawed. Something beyond the Jedi Code that they were missing. Revan had many Masters. Zhar, Dorak, Master Kae before Kae left for the Wars."

As for Kreia's connection to Kae... Well, be careful before you open that can of worms... again - it's an old and touchy subject on these boards that has been discussed massively before and since. But I'm game for it again if others are :-