LadyCrimson's photo thread

LadyCrimson

Still learning a lot of stuff...been doing a lot of the common experiments to learn. I don't expect to add to this thread very often but it's where I'll put any photo's I feel like sharing. Comments and constructive criticism welcome but not required.

Milk and oil are fun.

bowl-drop-15c.jpg

There's a few more along this vein here.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Have you ever looked at a piece of bread, on weeeeeeeeeeeeeeed?

-tries to think what constitutes a Jon Stewart voice-

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Definitely Turner prize quality...

After Googling that reference I'm not sure if that's a compliment or a pointed criticism. :thumbsup:

Meh....every amateur photographer has taken liquid-drop type pictures. It's like a requirement or something. Certainly not original or controversial. But it is fun. And I love macro type stuff. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I here I thought there would be pictures of the Lady in question

I'll probably post a few snapshots here and there too. ;)

Just sharpen it, no?

I did, a little. I don't like the over-sharpened look tho. Actually the main problem is the crap quality of the glass I'm using. Often gives things a bit more of a grain even when it's in focus, especially with large flat light-color areas like the bread. Either that or it's just my eyes...

Edited by LadyCrimson

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I get a little annoyed that the things I really like to take pictures of are so...well...cliche. Oh well, gotta do what you like to do, right?

Raindrops on leaves are one of my favorite things - I find it a challenge to shoot them in a way that shows off reflections or odd shapes or just the fact they look cool against a plant background.

Someday soon I'll get that huge zoom lens or whatever and start hunting the wildlife with my camera again. That'll give me something different to focus on, hah.

What I like about your photos is that they capture the extraordinary attributes of ordinary items. Nothing makes this clearer than your latest offering. Moreover, there's something intriguing about it. I see it and I start to wonder what kind of day it was. Was it cloudy and stormy? Was it cold? Did you see your breath as a thin, white whisp of moisture? Maybe it was one of those early spring storms where the rain comes down but the air stays warm. A comfortable sort of rain.

The only criticism I have, and I'm not sure it's all that valid, is that you took away the oportunity to use my own imagination to finish your picture. You gave me the details, and I thought they were interesting, before you gave me the pictures. Maybe put the pictures above. That way my imagination can roam freely but I'll still get the story behind your photography. Anyhow, I like them no matter what, so take my comment with a grain of salt.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Maybe Eldar is right ... some people are unable to lose themselves in art and must place their own context-perceptual bias on the images based on the verbal disclosures. So in order to facilitate their proper artistic enjoyment, placing the image before the description might prove useful. :blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't know about you guys, but I get a little sick when I look at the milk and oil concept. I dunno, it's something about the curves and forms.

Looks cool and all, anyways.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hmm...I guess Eldar has a point. Never really thought of it. It's a just a blog where I occasionally toss up a picture, not an art gallery, and I'm a chatty top-of-head writer so I tend to start off writing and then post the links. :blink:

I considered early on not writing anything at all and just posting the pictures, but my garrulous nature wouldn't let me...heh.

I'll think about it tho, it probably would have more impact photographically that way, perhaps.

Alas, I don't live in one of those areas, although once in a blue moon we drive up to such places for a weekend. I'll keep that in mind for next time. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Live long and prosper.

me-hat6.jpg

...betcha thought it'd be another picture of a flower or something...

• 1 month later...

And for those who'd actually like a photograph in a 'photo' thread...

kangaroo1t.jpg

Click it if you want to see the page that has it a little bigger.

The obsession with water droplets continues. There's the wallpaper-shaped one which has tons of fuzzy empty space on top and the more "artfully" cropped one w/less space. *shrug*

can-dew1b.jpg

can-dew1c.jpg

I didn't spend much time actually shooting this picture, one of those times where you think something looks interesting as you're making lunch and you just try a shot or two.