KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Thing is, if we don't hear anything it can be either good or bad. It could be bad news and that Kotor III is not in production but it can also be good and that it is in production but they don't announce it just yet because they have maybe some difficulties with implementing our previous PC's or something else, they wish to develop the game for a console that isn't out yet so it cannot be tested.

You never know.

Master Vandar lives!

All I have is this to say. Could you please include more aliens in the cast of your sequel. I would like to see a Bothan slicer; is their some way you could work them into the game. Bothans arn't very popular in star wars galaxies but it would be nice if their was a star wars game that hilighted the usefullness of having a bothan as a spy or a computer slicer. IMO the reason they arn't really popular are as follows. 1. They were in none of the starwars movie(only mentioned.) 2. They were different looking in the eairler SW books but changed in the newer books. Originaly the authors of the books thought the aliens on the Bridge of Homeone in ROTJ were Bothans but they were infact not. It would be cool if they had more alien jedi or more aliens from the original star wars movie triligy. I would also like to see Chiss and a Shistavanen Wolfman or two.

Its a simple request.

Edited by Altyr5

One more idea . . . Sorry for the double post . . .

I would like to see three darkside powers revived from the Dark Forces series.

Could you please revive Force Destruction and Force Deadly Sight! Deadly Sight should drain the health of enemys you are looking at or looking in their general direction. I also though it would be neat if you could levitate debre and use it as a weapon against your enemy. I remeber playing Dark Forces II and dueling Saris; I finished the duel in less than thirty seconds by throwing debree(inside the ship) at her.

Edited by Altyr5

FORCE THROW is awesome. It is worth playing the Obi-Wan game just to use that power...being able to hurl barrels and other debris at opponents is alot of fun. I know it sounds childish but it is really cool. IMO, it would also make a great addition as a UNIVERSAL POWER.

also, following along that concept of using the environment as a weapon, some sort of "entangle" effect would be nice.

All I have is this to say. Could you please include more aliens in the cast of your sequel. I would like to see a Bothan slicer; is their some way you could work them into the game. Bothans arn't very popular in star wars galaxies but it would be nice if their was a star wars game that hilighted the usefullness of having a bothan as a spy or a computer slicer. IMO the reason they arn't really popular are as follows. 1. They were in none of the starwars movie(only mentioned.) 2. They were different looking in the eairler SW books but changed in the newer books. Originaly the authors of the books thought the aliens on the Bridge of Homeone in ROTJ were Bothans but they were infact not. It would be cool if they had more alien jedi or more aliens from the original star wars movie triligy. I would also like to see Chiss and a Shistavanen Wolfman or two.

Its a simple request.

Hmmm, a Bothan spy or slicer (or both) would actually be good.

Still, I'd really like to see Neti... on Myrkr.

One more idea . . . Sorry for the double post . . .

I would like to see three darkside powers revived from the Dark Forces series.

Could you please revive Force Destruction and Force Deadly Sight! Deadly Sight should drain the health of enemys you are looking at or looking in their general direction. I also though it would be neat if you could levitate debre and use it as a weapon against your enemy. I remeber playing Dark Forces II and dueling Saris; I finished the duel in less than thirty seconds by throwing debree(inside the ship) at her.

Force destruction is quiet an easy one to do. It can even be done with the current engine. I don't really remember much about Deadly sight but I do remember that there was a force power in there in which you could blind an enemy with the force.

Now that's looks a good extra LS power. Blinding some enemies with the force.

About Force Throw, I think that's the official name for it. I agree. That's one thing that at least cannot be stopped with Force Immunity. Okay, Force Barrier can protect you against that. But it would certainly be amusing to throw footlockers and plasteel cylinders toward your enemies.

Master Vandar lives!

Just wondered what sort of companions prefer in a potential KotOR3?

Do we want a rehash of characters from the previous games or all new characters?

I tend to prefer a mixture, actually. I'd like a few completely new companions, but I'd also like characters from the previous games. Certainly T3 and HK-47 should be there as companions, but I could also see other old companions joining in, though only temporarily. For example, you could meet Mission and Zaalbar (if Revan was LS) on one planet and have them join the party, but only while you're on the planet they're active on - they won't travel with you. On another planet you could meet Jolee or Atton in a similar manner.

Any thoughts?

I think you got the general idea...NPCs from other games should be seen again but they should not follow you around the galaxy. The droids are an obvious exception, although I do think we need more options in that department. However, I have no problem with the astromech droid being absolutely non-replaceable.

Carth and Bastila's cameos were a good way to do it. However, I agree that we could stand to use a little more involvement than that from certain ones.

Having more than one Force mentor is something that has been talked about alot. That would be one way to incorporate previous party members.

Just wondered what sort of companions prefer in a potential KotOR3?

Do we want a rehash of characters from the previous games or all new characters?

I tend to prefer a mixture, actually. I'd like a few completely new companions, but I'd also like characters from the previous games. Certainly T3 and HK-47 should be there as companions, but I could also see other old companions joining in, though only temporarily. For example, you could meet Mission and Zaalbar (if Revan was LS) on one planet and have them join the party, but only while you're on the planet they're active on - they won't travel with you. On another planet you could meet Jolee or Atton in a similar manner.

Any thoughts?

I have read your storyline JediPhile and maybe I ones posted that I somewhat disagree with it in the way you made this storyline proposal. Maybe let me know if you revised this storyline.

In my revised storyline, it's been revised a lot actually I have quiet a few returning characters:

1) Revan

2) Bastila

3) Carth (LS Revan) or Cede (DS Revan)

4) HK-47

5) T3-M4

6) Master Bolook

7) Master Deesra

:wub: Chodo Habat

9) Suvam Tan

10) The Exile

11) (I know you disagree) Master Vandar, no need to discuss it I guess. :cool: Our fathers at LA / Obsidian will decide his fate.

12) Atton Rand

13) Bao Dur

14) Xarga

15) Mandalore

16) Matton Dasol

Well, quiet a few aint it. Most of them will just take up cameo appearances while only 4 of them will take up an NPC position during the main game. The End game is a bit different since some of them could end up being an NPC the last 1 or 2 game hours.

What do you think?

Edited by hawk

Master Vandar lives!

Greetings :p

look what I found:

Chris Avellone has kindly agreed to answer a few questions and draw a few pictures for people with reading comprehension issues. Chris even decided to turn the interview into a real dialogue, and he was going to comment on my comments - "Oh no way, I'd love to answer these, buckle up. ;)", but Lucas Arts' people called and said that they want KOTOR 3 out by Christmas, so he had to get back to work.

does this say any thing about KoTOR III???? I thought this post was rather interesting. Enjoy your read any way.

linkie:

http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11533

Edited by Bastilla_Skywalker

Bastilla_Skywalker I have some ocean front property to sell you in Arizona, cheap!

When you see an announcement on a company site like LucasArts, Obsidian or who ever would be doing Kotor 3, than believe in the hype. :(

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Oh God!

I've been reading these forums for so long.

Frankly, I'm getting a bit pissed off at all of this.

Random things

1. I would realllyyy wish that someone would atleast announce the project.

2. Maybe George Lucas thinks that KotOR has a better story compared to his original trilogy, so he's holding back on making the game.

In which case, just go ahead and announce the the game will not be made anytime soon.

All of the people who post here are just setting yourselves up for a fall, you're thinking about all the things that should be in KotOR 3 which probably won't make it into the final game (if released)

When that happens a lot of you will be pissed off and disappointed at the developers and then you lot will go ahead and post another 38 page thread on why KotOR 3 sucks.

I personally think that if you want to really enjoy a game, don't get too involved with it before it gets released.

Oh man :thumbsup:

If I seem drunk its because I'm not, I'm sick/ill and I hate it :(

When you see an announcement on a company site like LucasArts, Obsidian or who ever would be doing Kotor 3, than believe in the hype. 

It isn't even that though, I mean, it was clearly a joke.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Oh God!

I've been reading these forums for so long.

Frankly, I'm getting a bit pissed off at all of this.

Random things

1. I would realllyyy wish that someone would atleast announce the project.

2. Maybe George Lucas thinks that KotOR has a better story compared to his original trilogy, so he's holding back on making the game.

In which case, just go ahead and announce the the game will not be made anytime soon.

All of the people who post here are just setting yourselves up for a fall, you're thinking about all the things that should be in KotOR 3 which probably won't make it into the final game (if released)

When that happens a lot of you will be pissed off and disappointed at the developers and then you lot will go ahead and post another 38 page thread on why KotOR 3 sucks.

I personally think that if you want to really enjoy a game, don't get too involved with it before it gets released.

Oh man :thumbsup:

If I seem drunk its because I'm not, I'm sick/ill and I hate it :(

Someone needs a break.

No worries, I understand. For a movie, you need 3 years. For Kotor III, you also need three years.

Lets see how many people have the patience of a Jedi knight. The Announcement!! Yes, it has to come that it ios going to be released Christmas 2007, I can live with that.

Edited by hawk

Master Vandar lives!

Greetings :(

look what I found:

Chris Avellone has kindly agreed to answer a few questions and draw a few pictures for people with reading comprehension issues. Chris even decided to turn the interview into a real dialogue, and he was going to comment on my comments - "Oh no way, I'd love to answer these, buckle up. :thumbsup:", but Lucas Arts' people called and said that they want KOTOR 3 out by Christmas, so he had to get back to work.

does this say any thing about KoTOR III???? I thought this post was rather interesting. Enjoy your read any way.

linkie:

LOL you're so gullible.

Greetings :p

look what I found:

Chris Avellone has kindly agreed to answer a few questions and draw a few pictures for people with reading comprehension issues. Chris even decided to turn the interview into a real dialogue, and he was going to comment on my comments - "Oh no way, I'd love to answer these, buckle up. :)", but Lucas Arts' people called and said that they want KOTOR 3 out by Christmas, so he had to get back to work.

linkie:

LOL you're so gullible.

I am not gullible. :angry: