KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

well march is here and any thing is main to be seen. if KOTOR III isn't anounced in March then let try May? becasue isn't that normally the Star wars month? how about maybe June?

Kotor 3 is not even in production, why would there be any kind of announcement?

I've been lurking for a while but never posted. I've seen the polls, read the ideas, and speculated along with the rest of you.

My question is, given the fact that no one has officially announced anything, perhaps we could organize some type of petition or campaign to actually make KOTOR 3? I mean, it's not perfectly clear that it is going to be made -- or that it is going to be made anytime soon.

So what if we put together a site. Or sent out a petition to LA? Somehow made our voices heard?

All of this navel gazing is starting to get boring. I want to DO something. The question is, what? Does anyone else feel this way?

I feel the same way but this is a peculiar situation. There was an article about the K3 team being layed-off and since there has been no news and with the expansion of Obsidian and Bioware specifically saying no more :) I fear the worse

I feel the same way but this is a peculiar situation. There was an article about the K3 team being layed-off and since there has been no news and with the expansion of Obsidian and Bioware specifically saying no more :) I fear the worse

Yes, but I think that perhaps Obsidian & Bioware are not who we should be talking to. They are wonderful companies, but the decision to make the game or not clearly rests with LA (and ultimately GL, but I cannot imagine that he would squash it for anything other than a business motive).

Which means we should probably address them anyway.

What does everyone on these boards do as a day job? Are there programmers? Designers? I am in advertising (copy) and would be happy to lend my skills. I feel like the answer is not a website (they can be ignored), but something more public. Perhaps we could pool money for a billboard in the neighborhood of LA. They are in the Presido now. Maybe we could design a bus side and place it on the bus that runs right past their building. Or design coasters and leave them in the cafes I here the building has (open to the public).

Thoughts? Am I all alone?

Just play/do something else until they get around to it. Although if nothing is shown at E3 this year then it's probably not being made by anyone.

LA will get around to it eventually, though who will actually make it is another matter.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Just play/do something else until they get around to it. Although if nothing is shown at E3 this year then it's probably not being made by anyone.

LA will get around to it eventually, though who will actually make it is another matter.

I am happy to play/do many things, but am simply unwilling to leave it up to chance or someone else's whim to decide to make a game that I (and many others) would like to play. This type of petition has worked for television shows in the past. I think it could work here.

If the right people at LA hear from enough of us, then they may decide it is worth it to make the game. The problem with waiting until E3 is that, if nothing is announced, then we have wasted the months between now and then doing nothing but wishing.

If we act now and they DO announce at E3, all we are out is time and some money. I am happy to donate both to see KOTOR 3. I am just wondering if anyone else is.

Honestly, everyone's been talking about what they would like to see in the game ... d20 or no d20 ... Revan/Exile/Neither ... old characters ... new characters. Although I care and have opinions about all of these things, I just want to play the damn game.

you'll see eventually, they have a big pettion on the SW main page. it will go nowhere because the people at LA are special and have trouble doing things right. just wait around play the vast lands of crap that is the current gaming crop and wait for the unhearlded and unannounced K3 to come out at a christmas time whenever.

If K3 doesn't get made then i at least hope they can get some other RPG idea going, i mean the people at LA do like to make money don't they?

well march is here and any thing is main to be seen. if KOTOR III isn't anounced in March then let try May? becasue isn't that normally the Star wars month? how about maybe June?

Kotor 3 is not even in production, why would there be any kind of announcement?

Kotor III will be anounced eventually.

I really hope they're producing K3. If they don't, I could not understand it as there is a market for the game and thousands of fans are waiting for it. And not everybody is playing a multiplayer game. They really should develop K3 or at least another Jedi Knight for single player.

It really sucks. All good games are disappearing afert some time. Especially the intelligent games such as Deus Ex. I am fed up with these stupid egoshooters and numb killing of aliens.

KOTOR is my absolute favourate game, so I would like to have K3 as soon as possible (w00t) .

Edited by Grand Lord Revan

Thousands of fans don't ammount to a hill of beans in the eyes of a publisher.

The most logical reason for nothing being confirmed is because it's on a different platform. PS3 perhaps , rather than the 360. As I said, if nothing is heard at E3 then it's probably not comming in the immediate future (1-2 years).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

is kotor3 comming out or not? cos someone (some noob thats probabally trying to get our hopes up) who made a closed thread said kotor3 is comming out on june the 9th.. can anyone justify this? (the thread was at http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=40451) and i seriously cant be botherd, nor have the time to read through a 31 page thread, my eyes will literally explode, or fall outa their sockets.

Guest The Architect

Table 1 Latest Poll Standings

K (40)

I (36)

J (28)

F (15)

A (:thumbsup:

N (7)

L (7)

B (5)

H (5)

M (4)

G (3)

E (3)

D (2)

O (2)

C (2)

Table 2 Latest Poll Standings

R) 92

Q) 51

P) 19

is kotor3 comming out or not? cos someone (some noob thats probabally trying to get our hopes up) who made a closed thread said kotor3 is comming out on june the 9th.. can anyone justify this? (the thread was at http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=40451) and i seriously cant be botherd, nor have the time to read through a 31 page thread, my eyes will literally explode, or fall outa their sockets.

hmmmmmm.

Guest The Architect
whats this for?

Check my signature. There is a link to my poll. Click on the link and vote if you haven't already. Poll counts are collected and updated from the Obsidian, LucasArts, IMDb and most recently the BioWare Forums...

Perhaps it will be for the Revolution... Lightsabers anyone?  (w00t)

Not for KOTOR although for another SW it's a must.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=40462

came across this thing this morning.

478327[/snapback]

That post has been made by a noob who made 0 non-spamposts since arriving on the forums...

And Kotor3 isn't announced because either

1. THERE IS NO KOTOR3 IN PRODUCTION

2. Or if there is; http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=39001

I wish miss fan girl would get the idea. No K3 for you. It's not in production it's nothing but a bloody rumor that is circulating the internet..

On topic, hooded robes would be nice.