Thank the gods I got that reserve in early

kumquatq3

Nintendo of America Executive Vice President Reggie Fils-Aime:

"It's coming out in the fall, it's coming out on GameCube," said Fils-Aime. "There's been a lot of speculation. People have been saying that we're holding it back or that it's gonna be launched just on Revolution. Tell your people 'Not true,' it's gonna be out on GameCube, it's gonna be out in the fall."

Addressing recent rumors, Keighley asked Fils-Aime if Twilight Princess would have special features which could be accessed only when it was played on the backwards-compatible Revolution. When Keighley asked if the Revolution's motion-sensing controller could be used to control link's sword in the game, Fils-Aime demurred. "It's a great idea," he said "You should talk to [Zelda creator Shigeru] Miyamoto about it. But right now the focus is on GameCube."

^ load o crap, this has "launch title" written all over it. Prolly just come out a few weeks before the Revolution.

Edited by kumquatq3

Nintendo of America Executive Vice President Reggie Fils-Aime:

"It's coming out in the fall, it's coming out on GameCube," said Fils-Aime. "There's been a lot of speculation. People have been saying that we're holding it back or that it's gonna be launched just on Revolution. Tell your people 'Not true,' it's gonna be out on GameCube, it's gonna be out in the fall."

Addressing recent rumors, Keighley asked Fils-Aime if Twilight Princess would have special features which could be accessed only when it was played on the backwards-compatible Revolution. When Keighley asked if the Revolution's motion-sensing controller could be used to control link's sword in the game, Fils-Aime demurred. "It's a great idea," he said "You should talk to [Zelda creator Shigeru] Miyamoto about it. But right now the focus is on GameCube."

^ load o crap, this has "launch title" written all over it. Prolly just come out a few weeks before the Revolution.

Well it's going to be competing with TES IV: Oblivon, Newerwinter Nights 2 and Gothic 3. All these games look a lot better than Zelda and probably have more features too.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

That's funny, you seem to be under the impression that they cater to the same types of fans... there not even on the same platform.

If the new Zelda had a better outlet... Like the PS2, it would be so much bigger then both Oblivion and as much as it pains me to say it, Neverwinter Nights 2.

Zelda has nothing in common with Oblivion and NWN2. You can make a slight connection since they have a fantasy setting, but they don't reach the same audience or have any gameplay similiarities. Zelda is made for all ages, NWN2 and Oblivion are made for an older demographic.

*Edit: It's like saying there's a new type of ice cream coming out, and worrying that it will interfere with cookie sales. Zelda is ice cream. Now I need dessert.

Edited by Hurlshot

Zelda and Oblivion are totally different games. Zelda is more of a puzzle game.

That kind of sounds like what I heard which was that Zelda is being delayed because they are working on a revolution version as well. But it's still going to be released on the cube as promised.

I'd recomend Chibi until then which is pretty similiar in gameplay if not in appearence.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Wow, ninty are really crap at getting their killer apps out on time. <_<

Yep thats where the really screwed up with the cube. N64 too I guess. However if they are indeed working on a revolution Zelda side by side it could be an indication they are learning.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

^ not side by side, it will just support the Rev controller (maybe improved graphics)

as for Zelda/Oblivion/NWN2, if you had to ask me which one of those games will end up as a "classic", I'm picking Zelda. No contest. None. Nintendo doesn't put out a bad Zelda game*.

IMO, NWN2 and Oblivion could flop (in terms of being quality RPGs, by hype alone they will sell) as easily as they could find success. In fact, Oblivion is smelling more and more like a certain Fable to me. For FO3s sake, I hope not. And while I like the crew at Obsidian, and K2 had flashes of greatness, their last 3 efforts (BG3/FO3) have either never seen the light of day or been BADLY incomplete. They got 40+ dollars of my money for K2, thats all the good will I give them. Time to show me something.

Also, I'm seeing a bundle or something with the Revolution. If the PS3 does slip till 07, then that would be a hell of a way to capture market space.

*pretends Majoras Mask doesn't exist

Edited by kumquatq3

Ocarina part deux

I just want to swing Links sword with my controller  :">

:lol: how to make a gameplayer look like a plank. I was playing Phoenix Wright in the airport and shouted OBJECTION! and everyone looked :">

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]