Huxley

LoneWolf16

Main Game Site

Game Description

Huxley is a massively multiplayer online first-person shooting game (MMOFPS) developed by the H-Studio of global online entertainment company, WEBZEN Inc. Huxley takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where human beings have mutated and are divided into two opposing races, Sapiens and Alternative. At the center of the battle for survival is Lunarites, a promising new energy source that both sides seek to obtain. Forced to battle against one another for the continuance of each race, Sapiens and Alternatives are willing to do whatever it takes to wipe out the conflicting race and gain control of the world and its resources.

Story

In near future, Nuclearites bombard the World. Destructive earthquakes, massive tidal waves and dramatic climate changes wreak havoc around the globe, isolating continents and driving the human race into chaos. Those who survive the destruction dream of tranquility, but an eruption among the human race and the appearance of horrible mutants drives the world into further disorder. Racism and oppression cause rebellious uprisings and war that divide the landscape between two powers: Sapiens and Alternative, At the heart of the war emerges a powerful energy source the Lunarites created by Huxley, a scientist and possible savior.

Both factions seek glory and victory, fighting mercilessly for the Lunerites and their very existence.

I. FPS IN A PERSISTENT WORLD.

Huxley delivers the excitement and rich gameplay experience of an MMORPG while combining the knuckle-whitening action of an FPS. Players can communicate with each other in a virtual online city, and participate in side battles with the intuitive PvP (player vs. player) system. Everything a character does in the Huxley world directly affects the success of not only the individual, but also of their race and party; from battles to behaviors, all interactions are linked to the survival of a character

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I have to admit it sounds really cool. Only question is if it really is going to be like that when/if it hits the shelves.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

huxley-20060213030639694.jpg

huxley-20060213030629007.jpg

huxley-20051215032506329.jpg

Come on! Some form of discussion on this would be great. Do you think it can work? Planetside didn't do it too well, and neither has anybody else who's tried, but this is really looking good so far, in terms of game mechanics, player interaction, the quest system, PvP, etc.

Plus, it's not too bad to look at.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

I absolutely hate the graphic design in this game. Everything about it screams "generic!!1". The brown/grey/green colours, the ridiculously oversized weapons/armours/vehicles, the dusty/dirty/narrow tunnels/fields/constructions. It's all been done to death already. Also, this seems like nothing but a graphically enhanced (well, the engine is awesome) online FPS. What's there to be excited about?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Plus, it's not too bad to look at.

D

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast

I'm pretty sure the pic quality isn't all that good and that these are pretty early screenshots, without much in the way of AA running. Looks gorgeous in the recent live demo though and in movies I've seen.

If they all look this good, then hell, party time.  :p

Still, the same graphics would be in a dozens of games at the moment when this game comes out. And UT2K7 also looks awesum in rolling, and it is most likely to be the first released with UE3. PNJ is going to look like this or BETTER! (and that for a RPG!)

And even the early UT2K7 monster screens looked better than that spiderlady. Looks like she has been pasted into the picture... badly

What's the unreal 3 requirments again? Prolly just the same as FEAR eh?

Last I heard you need a 3Ghz Processor, 1GB Ram and a GeForce 6600 or better...

I'm pretty sure the pic quality isn't all that good and that these are pretty early screenshots, without much in the way of AA running. Looks gorgeous in the recent live demo though and in movies I've seen.

If they all look this good, then hell, party time.  :p

Still, the same graphics would be in a dozens of games at the moment when this game comes out. And UT2K7 also looks awesum in rolling, and it is most likely to be the first released with UE3. PNJ is going to look like this or BETTER! (and that for a RPG!)

And even the early UT2K7 monster screens looked better than that spiderlady. Looks like she has been pasted into the picture... badly

What's the unreal 3 requirments again? Prolly just the same as FEAR eh?

Last I heard you need a 3Ghz Processor, 1GB Ram and a GeForce 6600 or better...

All right, bad choice on that one pic. I actually agree, it looks...not so good compared to the others. Even the very early ones look better. But if (heh, when) this engine becomes a "standard" I really don't care. That's just good news for me all around, since my rig can handle it. :p

And I'm hoping the thing runs decently with mid to upper mid settings.

- Everlast