Bao-Dur was supposed to die?

Well, how many spots in KOTOR II were there where he COULD have sacrificed himself and sent the Remote off to safety at the same time?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

As I have read somewhere among the pages of this forum, Bao-Dur's future is literally "unwritten", so there are only speculations.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

It's very possible that in a board meeting, as everyone sat around discussing the storyline, that someone in passing suggested killing off Bao-Dur.

However, considering the droid planet never got beyond the vague design stage, I doubt any concrete plans were laid. And while they were discussing the story, for all we know, someone may have said "Let's make one of the characters mysteriously turn into a sheep halfway through the game!" or possibly "Let's not bother making a proper ending, let's just finish it abruptly with major plot holes all over the place!" You never know.

Nope. This, like many other stuff on the Wikipedia site linked to is utter BS. They might start cleaning that page... >_<

Anyway, there is no mention anywhere that Bao-Dur would sacrifice himself on M4-78... Why should he?

Besides that he probably would have never shown up on M4-78 as at arrival point only HK, T3 and Go-To could enter the planet (poisonous fumes) and then the exile later on (disabling fumes? Or Force Breath?)

As a side-note, at one point in my game -- I just finished TSL for the first time -- there was a small cutscene of G0T0 destroying that little droid onboard the Ebon Hawk, then in the next scene, the droid was floating back towards Bao-dur at the rear of the ship. :blink:

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

That theory would make sense, cuz yeah, i was wondering what the heck was going on... same with the scene involving t3 and hk-47, but that was sort of explained too.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

That theory would make sense, cuz yeah, i was wondering what the heck was going on... same with the scene involving t3 and hk-47, but that was sort of explained too.

The T3 vs. HK scene made lots of sense to me, but it require that you pay close attention to some points earlier in the game. Everybody knows that the Ebon Hawk's navicomputer is locked, but many seem to think that Kreia locked it, simply because she implies early on that she has the means to reprogram it. In fact, it was T3 who locked the computer, which you pretty much learn, if you build influence enough with him to get the Bastila (or Carth) hologram. In the LS Revan version, Carth actually confirms this when you finally meet him later, since he says that wherever Revan is now, the Hawk has been there. But it's clear that Kreia never went with Revan to the unknown regions.

Yep, I got that deal with Carth toward the end of kotor 2. Still leaves alot of questions unanswered though, which I guess was probably the point.

If Bao Dur Died, I recon it would be like killing Chewie off after he repairs the Milenium Falcon, so that the others could get away. That kind of death would serve a greater purpose, and gets rid of a character thats not as important as say Kriea. I suppose they left it so open ended and unknown so that the guys doing KOTOR III can do what they like, though I think this is too open ended, afterall, there should be new characters in KOTOR III, and if any of them do come back, Bao Dur wouldnt be the best choice.

But it's clear that Kreia never went with Revan to the unknown regions.

Maybe she didn't go with him...but did she come back with the Hawk...? :shifty:

When and how exactly Kreia got aboard the Ebon Hawk is one of those questions of the events leading up to K2 that I'm really curious about.

Another is why the Exile was returning to the republic in the first. I know Atris staged his return by rerouting the Harbinger to pick him up, but he was not taken as a prisoner. What was his motivation for going back?

Anyway, we do know that Kreia did not follow Revan to the unknown regions. How? Because she says this line toward the end of the game (where I trust she is speaking the truth for once).

Kreia: "If he had asked... would I have gone? I do not know."

I think Kreia doesn't know Bao-Dur's future because she can't even read his mind (see when she teaches the Exile to read minds)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

The T3 vs. HK scene made lots of sense to me, but it require that you pay close attention to some points earlier in the game. Everybody knows that the Ebon Hawk's navicomputer is locked, but many seem to think that Kreia locked it, simply because she implies early on that she has the means to reprogram it. In fact, it was T3 who locked the computer, which you pretty much learn, if you build influence enough with him to get the Bastila (or Carth) hologram. In the LS Revan version, Carth actually confirms this when you finally meet him later, since he says that wherever Revan is now, the Hawk has been there. But it's clear that Kreia never went with Revan to the unknown regions.

Just thought of something else. Wonder if T3 would have killed/tried to kill any of the others if they made the same discovery as hk-47. What if it had been The Exile, or Carth or Bastila?

Another is why the Exile was returning to the republic in the first. I know Atris staged his return by rerouting the Harbinger to pick him up, but he was not taken as a prisoner. What was his motivation for going back?

Motivations is yours to make. I mean, I always thought player use their imagination and so gets the motivation "fleshing" pc char with img. :) And of course, warship theory.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Just thought of something else. Wonder if T3 would have killed/tried to kill any of the others if they made the same discovery as hk-47. What if it had been The Exile, or Carth or Bastila?

Well, we know he didn't kill Bastila or Carth, because they do appear in the game (depending on Revan's alignment/gender as per the end of K1). Bastila seems to appear in any version of the game, and Carth is absent only for the DS male Revan, IIRC.

Not sure how far T3 might have gone, though. Sure makes me wonder about all those corpses aboard the Ebon Hawk in the prologue... :ph34r: