Paradox Entertainment

Jorian Drake

It's a turn based strategy game, kind of a mix between Civilization and Risk. I played the 1st one and enjoyed it. It had a lot of actual history in it. It's been awhile, but I think events followed a historical timeline, unlike the research of Civilization.

It's a turn based strategy game, kind of a mix between Civilization and Risk.  I played the 1st one and enjoyed it.  It had a lot of actual history in it.  It's been awhile, but I think events followed a historical timeline, unlike the research of Civilization.

Not turn-based, you can stop the time.

The game is fun and has a lot of true Historical background in it.

You can play ALL the Nations in it (if they exist in the timeframe). Like Savoy, French, Sicily, Denmark, Finnland, Scotland, Turks, Byzantine, Moskow, Teutonic Knights, Venice, Hungary, ect...

They all have their own CoA-s and flags, and some have even unique units.

EU1 and EU2 has History related events and some possible 'fantasy ones too' (as if Russia gains controll of the Balkans and Constantinople, then The Tzar claims Russia as the 2nd Rome, or when Burgundy does have own heirs and thier territory don't gets under Habsbutg rule)

Many mod-ers make extra things to make the game even more enjoyable, and all this can be found on Paradox-s own forums)

IB1OsQq.png

They're accepting beta testing applications now (at least they were last week). I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Beta is not so 'happy and joyfull' as you think, it's HARD work...more in the begining phase of it. I help with ideas, but I would kill myself if I had to make a beta with an alpha game :ph34r:

IB1OsQq.png

It's kind of a 'jack of all trades' high level TBS game (as opposed to low level tactical).

This may help.

OR this (if you have lots of time to read all of them :D ) :

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/index.php?

You can also reg.-there, and help develop the game :p

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

I played EU2, it was worth a good 3 or 4 days of intense playing before I got bored. By intense playing I mean like 6-8 hours a day.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I played EU2, it was worth a good 3 or 4 days of intense playing before I got bored. By intense playing I mean like 6-8 hours a day.

If you like strategy in medieval style, and hundreds of possibilities, you also like EU.

If you like more an 'RPG-style' strategy, you can try Crusader Kings or Jeanne d'Arc

IB1OsQq.png

Galactic Civilizations II

Out this Tuesday icon_dance.gif

However, I'm going to wait to hear from some of the other kids (who pre-ordered it) before I buy it.

Look for your self at their forum...and say hello from me :D :

overvi1.gif

http://www.galciv2.com/Index.aspx

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Oh, so this game is similar to Heart of Iron. I've heard good things about that series too. Good things about GalCiv too, of course. Hmmm.

...Well, some similarities are there, yes....but no game of them is as the other (except series like: HoI1-2 or EU1-2...but not anymore 3 :rolleyes:" )

IB1OsQq.png

Last I checked, I thought Stardock was making Galactic Civilizations 2. Is Paradox publishing it?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg