I think I got it, please correct me if I dont.

Bogj

You guys are living in a fantasy world.  Lucasarts is powerful in what way?  Do they have enforcers that break your legs when you dont do what they say?  Obsidian did what they did because they wanted lucasarts dollars not out of fear.  You guys sound like a bad detective novel.

LA has the rights for Star Wars stuff. If LA wanted it could even think not to bring out Kotor2 or take the already made stuff and give it to another company, ask all finance back for the project and OE would be broken before project #1 would have been released...

If all you say is true then it is truely a miracle that bioware was able to release KOTOR with a complete ending on time

no, it isn't. think about it: there was no predecessor to K1. Ever see a Star Wars real-time cRPG before it? I'd think, if i were LA, that if i was going to publish that game, that it would have to be teh super sveetness before it was released, else it would be a total failure (money, effort, idea).

So we wait a while after K1 and everyone wants a sequel... NOW! so there is obviously more of a rush. nobody really knew what to expect with K1, heck, i didn't pick it up until a full year after it was released. because of that, with K2 there were great expectations, and a compressed time limit; there were fans whining uncontrollably.

Agreed. And lest we forget - Bioware cut an entire planet from K1 as well...

Yes, a whole planet is cut from k1, but they did a good job in eliminating it. Not to mention that K1 has mucn, much less bugs than its sequel.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Thanks - that is indeed mine.  I don't think I did it too well, but it's basically a warmup - I'm planning on mapping out the story for Kotor 1 and 2 before starting work on my *real* webcomic, which'll probably end up being a Penny Arcade rip off, unless I can think of a better idea.

heh, that was some funny stuff. :)

well Bogj, it looks like you just got pwned.

I dont know what pwned is. I guess I'm supposed to be offended but I just dont really care. I find it amusing that you folks go to such great lengths to defend obsidian and make lucasarts look so evil. So much speculation as to why you are right and everyone else is wrong. Its true that lucasarts does control the rights to all star wars products and can keep a project from being released but they would still have to pay the company for producing it. They can offer bonuses (money or the promise of future contracts) for an early release but that is up to the software developer. Lucasarts is a large and successful company because it has made some great games over the years. Blaming the big bad corporation for all problems just because they are rich is just plain simple-minded. It is amusing though. I have seen idol worship of music artists, atheletes, and actors, but I have never seen idol worship of a software developer. You guys are really funny.

Alright I see the questions has been answered and answered thoroughly.

We'll nip this in the bud before it becomes a flame thread.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester