I think I got it, please correct me if I dont.

Bogj

GOTO and the probe at the end of the game are in the room that turns on the shadow generator. Is this what is happening?

1. Dark side: GOTO destroys the probe and keeps the generator off, saving malachor V and the sith academy.

2. Light side: The probe beats GOTO, turns on the generator and destroys malachor V and the academy and you get away on the ebon hawk.

Am I right? Is that it?

G0-T0 had reprogramed the Remote (when he blasts him apart earlier) so he can't move. Unfortunatly, how it was supposed to go was cut. It was supposed to be that HK would show up and depending on the alignment, would destroy G0-T0 (with the new HK-51s) or help G0-T0.

Edited by Wild Storm

The thing that confuses me most about this bit is that for the LS ending, the Ebon Hawk reappears, even though you get the cutscene watching it fall to its doom. Are we to assume that Atton at that point managed to fire up the engines and safely manouvre it to the Trayus Academy to pick up the Exile, or rather is this a second ship that looks identical to the Ebon Hawk?

Random thought occuring to me as I type this - if it is a second Ebon Hawk, prehaps it's being pilotted by Revan, who's swooped in from the Unknown Regions to save the day in a custom Ebon Hawk copy built in the UR?

Random thought occuring to me as I type this - if it is a second Ebon Hawk, prehaps it's being pilotted by Revan, who's swooped in from the Unknown Regions to save the day in a custom Ebon Hawk copy built in the UR?

God, I hope not. Plus that wouldn't make much sense if you set Revan to DS although the Exile was LS. I just say that T3 piloted the ship through the caves and channels underneath Malachors surface while Bao-Dur fixed the crushed exterior by either the force or some other technical method.

Shouldn't be the force... Bao-Dur isn't necessarily a Jedi.

You don't need to be a jedi to use the force. In case you haven't noticed, the party members all do something that uses the force yet they do not even know it.

UNNECESSARY HINT: you can train any non-droid, except Mandalore, as a JEDI Meatbag...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

IMO the whole "Ebon Hawk falling into the pit" scene should be cut when playing LS. The whole unresolved issue with G0T0 and the Remote is just another example of "5 minutes to finish making the game!! make it quick!" along with the poor design of the Malachor exterior.

Damn I wish I knew how to edit those two maps - even I could make more decent model work not like how it is where you can clearly count the verts on the rocks.

Shouldn't be the force... Bao-Dur isn't necessarily a Jedi.

You don't need to be a jedi to use the force. In case you haven't noticed, the party members all do something that uses the force yet they do not even know it.

UNNECESSARY HINT: you can train any non-droid, except Mandalore, as a JEDI Meatbag...

Deadly_Nightshade

No? Really? :p

I say that because there is a chance that Bao-Dur was never trained. He can either use the force intentially or unintially.

P.S. Hanharr can't be trained as a jedi. :sorcerer:

Edited by Wild Storm

IMO the whole "Ebon Hawk falling into the pit" scene should be cut when playing LS. The whole unresolved issue with G0T0 and the Remote is just another example of "5 minutes to finish making the game!! make it quick!" along with the poor design of the Malachor exterior.

Damn I wish I knew how to edit those two maps - even I could make more decent model work not like how it is where you can clearly count the verts on the rocks.

I know this is obsidian's forum but you cant blame lucasarts for wanting their game finished on schedule. The fact is that Obsidian is a professional software developer and should know how long and how much staff is necessary to finish the project on time or dont accept the contract. I always hear from companies that dont finish their game two things:

1. We worked around the clock.

2. They didnt give us enough time.

THEN DONT BE GREEDY AND HIRE MORE PEOPLE!!!!

I know this is obsidian's forum but you cant blame lucasarts for wanting their game finished on schedule. The fact is that Obsidian is a professional software developer and should know how long and how much staff is necessary to finish the project on time or dont accept the contract. I always hear from companies that dont finish their game two things:

Actually Lucasarts pushed their schedule four months ahead before it was supposed to be finished. It was never supposed to be a Christmas release. It was supposed to be a SPRING release. This is how I see it:

Obsidian: Okay. We have five months before the deadline, people! Hm. We might finish ahead of schedule. (as in a month or two)

Lucasarts overhears this conversation

Lucasarts: Ahead of schedule you say? Hmmm. we might release this in time for Christmas sales! We want it done in December!

Obsidian: But sir, I never said we'd be done before then!

Lucasarts: Well I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles! DEAL WITH IT!

Edited by Wild Storm

or rather is this a second ship that looks identical to the Ebon Hawk?

see, that sounds like it could be a good ending, but it is so unlikely, since all the scrapes and whatever are on le hawk still, where a duplicate would look brand-new. nice try though.

If that was the case, then it would eliminate the idea of Exile searching for Revan and finding him halfway through the game (but thats just a more popular idea of what should happen in K3, there are hundreds, no, thousands of others)

Actually Lucasarts pushed their schedule four months ahead before it was supposed to be finished. It was never supposed to be a Christmas release. It was supposed to be a SPRING release. This is how I see it:

Obsidian: Okay. We have five months before the deadline, people! Hm. We might finish ahead of schedule. (as in a month or two)

Lucasarts overhears this conversation

Lucasarts: Ahead of schedule you say? Hmmm. we might release this in time for Christmas sales! We want it done in December!

Obsidian: But sir, I never said we'd be done before then!

Lucasarts: Well I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles! DEAL WITH IT!

And, you heard this from whom? For all you know Obsidian was asked to push ahead and maybe even offered more money and took it. Its all about money at the end of the day. If it isnt done right then its all about excuses and blaming everyone else but yourself. You dont know much about contractual law. If the contract was for spring then BOTH sides have to agree to change it.

And, you heard this from whom?

And where did you hear that the blame should be placed on Obsidian? I believe I read it in one of the articles where it mentioned "which had been released four months ahead of schedule on the Xbox.

For all you know Obsidian was asked to push ahead and maybe even offered more money and took it.

Maybe so. But many Obsidian developers have said that its hell working with Lucasarts. Its the reason why Bioware refuses to work with them anymore...

Its all about money at the end of the day. If it isnt done right then its all about excuses and blaming everyone else but yourself.

Obsidian never pointed at anyone. Its the fans who have said it, which influences others.

You dont know much about contractual law. If the contract was for spring then BOTH sides have to agree to change it.

And you don't know much about Lucasarts. Lucasarts is a very demanding company. For all we know, they could have cut Obsidians payment if they didn't have it out by a certain date. And although it is about money, its human nature that it doesn't just become just about money. They get attached to their great work. And are so proud for it. And maybe Obsidian when Lucasarts approached them saying to release by Christmas thought they could pull it off. But they clearly didn't...

Lucasarts pulls the strings. If Obsidian doesn't do what they say Lucasarts can easily revoke their liscense to use the name Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and thus Obsidian doesn't make money and looses the deal while Lucasarts can take what Obsidian has given them (things are given back and forth) give it to another developer who would treat it with no regard for its creator. Obsidian is pretty small compared to other developers.

Edited by Wild Storm

If all you say is true then it is truely a miracle that bioware was able to release KOTOR with a complete ending on time, given that they are dealing with Lucasarts who have obviously fallen to the dark side. Look there are a lot of games that are not finished in time and have a butchered platform, code, or ending and the blame is on the developers. Its their contract and they agreed to do it. They are supposeed to know how long and how much talent they need. If they dont they either lose further contracts with the franchise and/or go out of business. (Troika is a good example of this). Bioware's team was laid off of KOTOR 3 but it looks like they are still in business, for now. They wont be if they continue butchering games. Because, no one will hire them.

Its still a great game though. It would be nice if they released a gold edition or something of that sort with a complete ending.

If all you say is true then it is truely a miracle that bioware was able to release KOTOR with a complete ending on time

no, it isn't. think about it: there was no predecessor to K1. Ever see a Star Wars real-time cRPG before it? I'd think, if i were LA, that if i was going to publish that game, that it would have to be teh super sveetness before it was released, else it would be a total failure (money, effort, idea).

So we wait a while after K1 and everyone wants a sequel... NOW! so there is obviously more of a rush. nobody really knew what to expect with K1, heck, i didn't pick it up until a full year after it was released. because of that, with K2 there were great expectations, and a compressed time limit; there were fans whining uncontrollably.

also, choose a new avatar, since you look like silly with that generic one that seems to be so popular... you, wild storm, atr0creep...

Edited by Blank

And just to top that of BioWare has alot of power... far more than Obsidian has at the moment...

As BioWare is one, if not THE biggest RPG-devs around here LA could demand far less than they could possibly do with OE... and it shows

Well there's also Bethesda, and I expect things to change for Obsidian with NWN2.

Too bad Troika got axed, they had some great ideas.

Two things realy.

1. The acclaim of E3 made LA think they were onto a winner with an Xmas release.

2. With the EP III movie on the way they didnt want it released in the same time frame as the games of the movies.

KOTOR had no problems because there were no expectations for it. The only way you can avoid that for sequels is by being your own publisher.

There is also the questionable nature of the ending and certification.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

And the ever so lovely Canon Committe, Shadow. I'd hate to have been there that day.

"Obsidian developer returns from a visit to Lucasarts and prompty hangs himself in a bathroom stall"

:lol:

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

Two things realy.

1. The acclaim of E3 made LA think they were onto a winner with an Xmas release.

2. With the EP III movie on the way they didnt want it released in the same time frame as the games of the movies.

KOTOR had no problems because there were no expectations for it. The only way you can avoid that for sequels is by being your own publisher.

You guys are living in a fantasy world. Lucasarts is powerful in what way? Do they have enforcers that break your legs when you dont do what they say? Obsidian did what they did because they wanted lucasarts dollars not out of fear. You guys sound like a bad detective novel.

You guys are living in a fantasy world.  Lucasarts is powerful in what way?  Do they have enforcers that break your legs when you dont do what they say?  Obsidian did what they did because they wanted lucasarts dollars not out of fear.  You guys sound like a bad detective novel.

Dont have much experience with publishers do you :lol:

If LA can make more money with a hasty Xmas release than a mid year release they will do so.

I dont think I said there were threats involved anywhere. But obviously if you ever want to make SW products you need to keep LA sweet.

Or you could learn a lesson from Troika who never worked for the same publisher twice. Tried to blame them for the problems and suprisingly became defunct.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Two things realy.

You guys are living in a fantasy world. Lucasarts is powerful in what way? Do they have enforcers that break your legs when you dont do what they say? Obsidian did what they did because they wanted lucasarts dollars not out of fear. You guys sound like a bad detective novel.

No, but they do have money...money goes a long way. It can either make you or break you. In this case, Lucasarts can break Obsidian.

No, but they do have money...money goes a long way. It can either make you or break you. In this case, Lucasarts can break Obsidian.

I wouldnt go that far. But a reputation for being difficult with your publisher certainly can unless you have some titles behind you.

478327[/snapback]