Atari to Sell Studios

Craigboy2

It won't affect the external developers, unless Atari goes belly-up, and then I would expect another publisher would pick up the tab for marketing a completed game (although it wouldn't be the first time they haven't ...); maybe even OE might be able to take out a loan and self-publish. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"According to Bonnell, the decision to sell the developer studios reflects a "refocus of [the company's] creativity efforts on external studios, rather than internal development."

This won't effect Obsidian or NWN2 at all most likely. If Atari does eventually fold; it'll be after NWN2 is released since that's only like 4 months or so away. If they do fold, that would be the second publisher for BIO that had success with them to fold after parted ways (though BIO and Atari still work together :D ).

Maybe LA, and MS will be next to suffer the BIO Curse tm. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Wow, and Shiny gets sold again. Its like they're a cursed studio.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It's the "Black Isle" curse :ph34r:

As soon as J.E.Sawyer starts working on a D&D title, hold on to your reigns... :wub:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The mod community did better expansions for NwN than Bio ever did, so I wouldn't be too concerned if it was left to the community to carry the torch (assuming the engine / dev tools are suitably advanced / easy to use / fun).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The mod community did better expansions for NwN than Bio ever did, so I wouldn't be too concerned if it was left to the community to carry the torch (assuming the engine / dev tools are suitably advanced / easy to use / fun).

I wouldn't say that. All the mods I tried lacked that professional feeling...maybe it was due to the fact that I knew they weren't professionals, but whetever. It just didn't feel right. HoTU was more engaging than all the mods I tried.

Also, I just like to point out that I said NWN2 could well go the same was as Jefferson, or something like that, while others argued that since the title is already announce, it would make it to shelves. This is the first step towards me being right...this is one time I don't want to be right.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I would point you to the Hall of Fame. Perhaps try some of the award winners? ^_^

You also seem to have conveniently forgotten just how awful SoU was; especially that dire final act. -_-

And the latest modules being sold are actually Hall of Famers.

So that is just your own biases clouding the facts. :)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So that is just your own biases clouding the facts. -_-

I'm going to have to pull a Voly...

ROOFLES!!!!

I see no facts. Only opinions.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta