Do you prefer the light side or the dark side?

Always Dark Side....so much fun

Because Light Side is Boring...and it's a bit exaggerated.....like you gonna give 500 or 1000 credits...to someone that you don't even know......like you say '' Hey! mister it look's like you need credits so here take 1000 credits from me....ya right : :huh:

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

Darkside can be fun sometimes. Take money from the Ithorians when they already paid you and you insist on more. Or help the slave girl only to keep her as yours. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Definitely light side.

I only play dark side to see the alternate chain of events and movies, and I feel like a creep when I do. Hence I've only ever played DS once for each KotOR game.

People who like DS will almost certainly disagree with me on this, but I always feel that the appeal of being evil in games like this is because our society has advanced to a point where morality is almost guaranteed by law, so that you really can't do nasty things. That's a good thing, but it does leave vacuum or lack of choice that people then fill with "make believe" evil in games like these. You can also feel a strange sense of freedom in that, since you're able to truly horrendous acts.

But I think it's usually because people don't have a lot of imagination as to how nasty evil themes can really be. I don't need that myself, and so I don't enjoy playing evil. I always think of Shakespeare's Macbeth or, more relevant, Richard III, when it comes to assuming an evil role. Somehow being an evil manipulator who suspects everything and treats everybody as a means for more power only is just too easy. If I use my skills and abilities only toward selfish ends, then I can never trust anybody, and so I'm doomed to be either alone or else to be betrayed. And I can never feel safe, because everybody is looking to bring me down... :ph34r:

I only play dark side to see the alternate chain of events and movies, and I feel like a creep when I do

yah absolutely...I prefer lightside for either game but an occasional darkside game is pretty fun too :rolleyes:

Especially since my fave character Mandalore/Canderous gives compliments for that. Also the HK 47 comments are hilarious!

-jim

Light, mostly because of the fave-npc interaction/options.

Darkside was very fun tho. But the npc's aren't as much fun to stare at. Except Bao Dur. :huh:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I only play dark side to see the alternate chain of events and movies, and I feel like a creep when I do

yah absolutely...I prefer lightside for either game but an occasional darkside game is pretty fun too :luck:

Especially since my fave character Mandalore/Canderous gives compliments for that. Also the HK 47 comments are hilarious!

-jim

Sure, but you can built influence with them (or at least HK - doesn't seem to be much point for Mandalore...) even if you're light side. Harder, but still a good challenge. I did it myself and got the "jedi kill" tricks from HK in the end... I also gave him LS mastery :D

i just do what ever i feel like. if i feel like killing sombody i will. if i feel like helping i will. i just go with the flow :cool:

So you're probably like a grey jedi....not good not evil......in the middle of the 2 side

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

Dark Side. There is a subtely to K2's dark side that just appeals to me. Turning Atton by making him believe the Jedi he killed didn't love him, but instead wanted him to turn away from the force to save Jedi from him. Getting rid of the Onderonian captains through persuasion. The many coversations with Kreia about using your crew mates to achieve your goals.

Your conversations with Hanharr about how he's weakend and enslaved by the code of his people, and breaking him with your words - making him turn away from his beliefs. Dark sided characters can still make smart options and that's cool.

Hanharr is my favourite character in kotor next to the Exile, Kreia and Visas. If he'd been designed to speak english, he'd get more recognition as a deep character.

LS is **** and gay

DS is fun and kick-ass

OMG! Darth Spam is here! *takes shotgun and killZZZZZZZZZ*

Liht side. :) I' always do things in kotor as I would do in real life. Mostly ls acts, some ds acts.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Well, in Kotor I it is definetly LS. I don't like playing DS in Kotor I since you have to do those really terrible things to those who did so much for you.

In Kotor II however, a lot of my characters are DS.

Probably because I don't like it to be a pawn of the Jedi Council who either exile you or want to cut you off from the force.

Master Vandar lives!