New NWN 2 Info

Rhomal

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

N...n....n....no horsies? :'(

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

rideable mounts, pack animals, and even carriages that you can pay to ride all make for some serious immersion and you really don't have a medieval world (or quasi-medieval world) without such things.

hopefully, the reason they dropped it at this time is that they want to "do it right" and have, not only rideable mounts, but mounted combat as well.

Oblivion is supposed to have mounted combat.

My hunch is that they may be looking to introduce that in an expansion pack (and maybe even try to one-up Oblivion in that regard).

Not having mounted combat doesn't seem like something which will harm my singleplayer experience, although I was looking forward to it from a developer perspective. Still, I suspect the modding community will come up with something in that field. Even if they don't, no problem; I'm less concerned with the icing that I am wth the cake.

Hmm, I suppose they ran into some kind of animation problems. With all the class/race/armor model variations there's bound to be a lot of issues. Personally, I wasn't really that interested in mounts, but these statements here surprised me a lot more:

The big penalty for a paladin drifting from Lawful Good is he can no longer pick up paladin levels. His abilities do not retroactively get turned off - it works like original Neverwinter Nights. Maybe an expansion or patch? I can see the appeal, but we have a lot we want to do and only so much time.

I don't understand, is this really that hard to code? I mean, isn't it kind of weird that they are already announcing things to be patched, and the game isn't even out yet? <_<

The domain system works almost identically to the original Neverwinter Nights. We are adding options for modders that can affect things they couldn

Hmm, I suppose they ran into some kind of animation problems.

A possibility, but I hope they won't take Bioware's approach of not creating some models because they would have serious clipping (I think this was the excuse given in regards to cloaks) but then have nearly every other models clip.

Horses would be nice, but I've seen crappy horses in Sacred and it's much worse than having no horses at all. If Obsidian wants to cut stuff, it's good that they're doing it now and not, say, three weeks before the game goes gold.

I wonder if the horses in Oblivion will have shadows. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Boohoo, superficial crap.

Exactly. If I need to get around quickly, I'll use the map. Can you imagine a 64 player map with everyone on horses? It'd get old very fast.

:)

Anyways, i wouldn't be that upset about not being able to ride a hourse. A nice feature, but not vital.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy