Man, could I go for a Rose of the Prophet Muhammad

kumquatq3

"This is a punishment for those who started misusing freedom of expression to insult the sanctities of Islam," said Ahmad Mahmoudi, a cake shop owner in northern Tehran.

Is it odd that my first response to this in my head was "Psht, **** you." :-"

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

"I just want the sweet pastries. I have nothing to do with the name," homemaker Zohreh Masoumi told the sales clerk taking her order."

Intelligence in the middle of a wave of stupidity. :-

P.S. I wonder how a man as important as the prophet Muhammed would take this kind of juvenile 'act of difiance?

Seems to me that its using his name in vain and besmirching the Big M.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The first time somebody said, "Freedom Fries" to me, i just looked at them like they were an idiot for a few seconds. freedom fries has to be one of the dumber things i have heard. just think about it for a few seconds... yep, its quite stupid.

changing the name just reminds you even more of the so-called "offence". one gang in america is called the "bloods". my friend's older brother resented them greatly, and so decided to not use the letter "b", which stands for "blood". my friend said that he did this for a full year until he stopped. and he also said that his bro sounded pretty dumb. it might sound something like this, "My -rother went to the store to -uy some -read." i am guessing the fact that he had to always think through his sentences to see if there was a "b" in it made him think even more of what he didn't like.

Is your friends brother a Crip? :-

P.S. I wonder how a man as important as the prophet Muhammed would take this kind of juvenile 'act of difiance?

having a pastry named after you is quite the hon....oooooo, I see where your going with this

I don't, could you elucidate please?

Muhmmad isn't the god of Islam, he is the quintessential Muslim but he was merely a man.

Edited by Surreptishus

Muhmmad isn't the god of Islam, he is the quintessential Muslim but he was merely a man.

1. twas an attempt at humor

2. A man, yes, but also a prophet. Nit like saying Jesus was just a man, if your Christian.

Edited by kumquatq3

"Islam widely holds that representations of Muhammad are banned for fear they could lead to idolatry. At least 19 people have been killed in protests over the past several weeks, most of them in Afghanistan and Pakistan."

Oh, the irony.

1. twas an attempt at humor

2. A man, yes, but also a prophet. Nit like saying Jesus was just a man, if your Christian.

Not a prophet, but a messenger, Muslims aren't supposed to deify anything other than Allah and his word. So to Muslims Muhammad is a respected and revered man but only a man nonetheless.

Mmmm... Roses of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) pastries. That's the best kind. I'd like to sit back, order a burger and a couple of Rose of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) pastries, and reflect upon why bakery menus are now four times as long.

Did it sound this stupid when we made Freedom Fries? (I know it was stupid, but this stupid?)

Iran Renames Danish Pastries

Yes, but it was actually worse when you made Freedom Fries..

They have a good reason imo, while you were offended about the fact that France didn't join your crusade .. Europe should've been more offended that you even considered asking us .. but hey... that's a different discussion for a different time!

Fortune favors the bald.

Wow. ... Stop the world, I want to get off.

Are there any Muslims that feel any shame over the atrocities committed by Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda? Committed in the name of their precious Mohammed and Islam.

Where were the protests after September 11 2001?

"Allah'hu Akbar!", "Kill another Jew!".

"Allah is greatest!", "Death to America!" -- Is it just me or does anyone else see the hypocrisy.

Seriously now, tell me that those Danish cartoons are worse, and I will say

you are a hypocrite.

Undeniably, the sweetest of ironies: Radical muslims are so upset about cartoons depicting Muhammed with a turban bomb, they threaten 'fatwah' with suicide bombers.

hell002.jpg

Does this person not realize, they are practicing the very thing they are protesting against.

I...I have a crippling urge to draw Muhammad and or Allah bent over a fallen replica of the world trade center towers with **** and Dubya standing behind them with red, white, and blue strap-ons smiling at the viewer then send it to every major newspaper in the country.

How well would this go over?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Freedom Fries was indeed worse, Rosshbvuh (thats how it sounded that one time when you posted your voice). I am ashamed that i am a part of the country that made that saying up.

btw, funny post, Ekkest.

EDIT: do it lonewolf, do it. :ph34r:

Edited by Blank

Besides, any country that has their leaders deny the existence of a factual, provable event, belives in the wiping out of an entire country (then 'backing down' and simply saying it should be moved lol) amongst other silly things; I count this name change as one of their most innocent affronts. LOL

Just like the people whining about the existence of Freedom Fries in the States - isn't there more pressing matters to complain about that country? LOLLIPOP

P.S. I still call 'em French Fries even if the French are scum. P.S.S. I'm 95% French so muahahah!!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.