Worst sounding languages?

roshan

Since some people actually don't believe me (the nerve!) when I say that finnish is, by far, the ugliest language, I'm going to provide a little treat for you. Not only will you be able to hear the finnish language in all its glory, you will also be able to observe the latest finnish fashion and you might even learn to dance finnish disco!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8289010344419725140

Watch and learn!

'Disco Sucks 70 Finnland'

Thats already a parody :thumbsup:

No prove this one :devil:

IB1OsQq.png

Since some people actually don't believe me (the nerve!) when I say that finnish is, by far, the ugliest language, I'm going to provide a little treat for you. Not only will you be able to hear the finnish language in all its glory, you will also be able to observe the latest finnish fashion and you might even learn to dance finnish disco!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8289010344419725140

Watch and learn!

The language is not really that ugly. But you had to choose the worst Finnish video you could find just to make kirottu happy. :thumbsup:

No matter how unfair that video was to Finnish folks, it quite simply had me in tears laughing. But that probably has more to do with the outrageous 70'ies disco trippin' than the actual language.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I have taken year in Latin.  It is a fun language for the most part.

I thought that at first. Then I did it through GCSE (2 years) and A-Level (2 years)- six damn years including the two before GCSE. By the time I had taken my last exam in it, I was sick to the teeth with its crap grammar and irregular everything. It wasn't barbarians, or internal decay that ended the Roman Empire; it was A-level Latin students. That said, I still keep it up. And its nice spoken, and the poetry, especially Catullus and Virgil, is some of the best ever. Damnit.

Other than that, I like Italian, French, English (especially older forms) and Arabic (ancient Egyptian sounds nice too, if you can fimd someone who can pronounce it).

Can't stand German. I've always thought you can tell a lot about a language by the way it says 'I love you' and I hope nobody ever tells me 'ich leibe dich'. Welsh (either the language or accented english) makes me want to pull my own teeth out.

Never heard Finnish before that video, but I thought it sounded ok.

Edited by Darth Somethingorother

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

The language is not really that ugly. But you had to choose the worst Finnish video you could find just to make kirottu happy. ;)

That was awesome! One of the best finds ever. Happy happy joy joy! What would really fitted that clip would have been finnish version of that song starting to play on background. It

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Gaaay.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Tagalo or however you spell it is pretty funny. Its all Gs and Os. Its the native Filipino language. Half the girls at work are filipino so they're always going off in their own language to each other. And its funny because like half the words they don't have a word for it so they just substitute the english word. So it will be like "Bogo mo go baho Bread Tray tago mee bo mi galo." or something wierd like that.

I think tagalog is quite balanced in its vowels. But yeah, loads of words have g's in them. And k's too.

German has always struck me as an abraisive language.  Very blunt.

It's not Gunther, it's G-OOO-nther ;)

I think english is more abrasive than german. German has all those nice sh sounds.

I have taken year in Latin.  It is a fun language for the most part.

I thought that at first. Then I did it through GCSE (2 years) and A-Level (2 years)- six damn years including the two before GCSE. By the time I had taken my last exam in it, I was sick to the teeth with its crap grammar and irregular everything. It wasn't barbarians, or internal decay that ended the Roman Empire; it was A-level Latin students. That said, I still keep it up. And its nice spoken, and the poetry, especially Catullus and Virgil, is some of the best ever. Damnit.

Other than that, I like Italian, French, English (especially older forms) and Arabic (ancient Egyptian sounds nice too, if you can fimd someone who can pronounce it).

Can't stand German. I've always thought you can tell a lot about a language by the way it says 'I love you' and I hope nobody ever tells me 'ich leibe dich'. Welsh (either the language or accented english) makes me want to pull my own teeth out.

Never heard Finnish before that video, but I thought it sounded ok.

Ich liebe dich (pronounced as ishleebudish, i think) sounds a whole lot better than Ay lav yOO. I think that to a lot of non native speakers, english is a very harsh language. I think the worst is the american accent(not sure which area, i think its the california one) where they substitute short o's for strong a's.

The language is not really that ugly. But you had to choose the worst Finnish video you could find just to make kirottu happy. ;)

That was awesome! One of the best finds ever. Happy happy joy joy! What would really fitted that clip would have been finnish version of that song starting to play on background. It

Apocalyptica, Singing? When did that happen?

Heja Sverige!!

Are their recent albums any good? I've only got them up to Cult.

Heja Sverige!!

Are their recent albums any good? I've only got them up to Cult.

Their old albums are crap, IMO. They start getting really good with reflections, when drumming is added to the music instead of just boring cellos! In apocalyptica some of the songs have vocals which are in english and are decently done, although the voice sounds a bit whiny.

Their old albums are crap, IMO. They start getting really good with reflections, when drumming is added to the music instead of just boring cellos! In apocalyptica some of the songs have vocals which are in english and are decently done, although the voice sounds a bit whiny.

I'm just listening to bittersweet right now and it's bloody awful. Specially when those guys start singing. Is that the guy from the Rasmus? ;)

Heja Sverige!!

I don't understand why this thread was started.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.