Worst sounding languages?

roshan

As for beautiful languages I like Swedish and Norwegian as I find them very musical. I also like the Italian and english with a scottish accent is awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Polish is damn annoying. It sounds exactly like Russian and when I hear it, some familiar patterns are instantly triggerred in my brain, but I can't comprehend a word of what is said.

Polish is more feminine and smooth.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Spanish is the most beautiful in my opinion, and curiously Spanish is related (so I understand) to Arabic. Go figure  ;) .

Where the heck did you take that from? :blink: Spanish is in no way related to Arabic. It's essentially modern latin, so to speak. Just like Italian, French, Portuguese, Galician, Catalonian and so on.

Polish is waaaaaay away from russian  :blink:

I meant the way it sounds. I always hear English now, but when I hear Polish I subconsciously think that I must understand it, but I don't.

PS

Russian is still closer to Polish than English or German. I can even read in Polish a bit even though I've never learnt it.

Edited by Diamond

Polish is waaaaaay away from russian  :blink:

I meant the way it sounds. I always hear English now, but when I hear Polish I subconsciously think that I must understand it, but I don't.

PS

Russian is still closer to Polish than English or German. I can even read in Polish a bit even though I've never learnt it.

Thats true...half-way ;)

IB1OsQq.png

Polish is damn annoying. It sounds exactly like Russian and when I hear it, some familiar patterns are instantly triggerred in my brain, but I can't comprehend a word of what is said.

Polish is more feminine and smooth.

Polish is waaaaaay away from russian :blink:

They're about as similar as Scottish and Irish.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

I have taken year in Latin. It is a fun language for the most part. Tried to learn German but it didn't mesh to well, but Old English was kickarse. I would have to say the worse sounding language I have dealt with is Hebrew. One of my gamers in my group speaks a lil' Hebrew and it sounds like he is coughing up a lung each time.

rumor has it that english is one of the hardest languages to learn. the grammar rules have too many exceptions, which fails logic.... whether or not that correlates to sounding nice or not is beyond me given that it is my native language.

i personally dig germanic languages and, at one point, could read and write german rather well (spoke it so-so). nothing hotter than some chick with a thick german accent and tight bu... er, never mind. :blink:

my son is learning spanish, which should be good for living in colorado.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

oh, as for worst sounding languages... dunno. i'd have to think about it. slavic languages, though similar in sound to harsh germanics, seem awkward at times... hard to say if it is a "bad" sound, however.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

rumor has it that english is one of the hardest languages to learn.  the grammar rules have too many exceptions, which fails logic....

No rumor. True :blink:

I'm French(Canadian) by birth. By 5 I was bilingual French/English. Never seemed hard to me.

It's not really the language, I love english but that southern accent in the US... Makes me want to shoot someone. You know those accents from Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, South Carolina. Eeww.

I'm French(Canadian) by birth. By 5 I was bilingual French/English. Never seemed hard to me.

It's not really the language, I love english but that southern accent in the US... Makes me want to shoot someone. You know those accents from Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, South Carolina. Eeww.

Children have incredible ability to learn. Difficulty of learning a language can be determined when grown up.

roshan is challenging alternaf for worst threads?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Since some people actually don't believe me (the nerve!) when I say that finnish is, by far, the ugliest language, I'm going to provide a little treat for you. Not only will you be able to hear the finnish language in all its glory, you will also be able to observe the latest finnish fashion and you might even learn to dance finnish disco!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8289010344419725140

Watch and learn!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

rumor has it that english is one of the hardest languages to learn.  the grammar rules have too many exceptions, which fails logic.... whether or not that correlates to sounding nice or not is beyond me given that it is my native language.

i personally dig germanic languages and, at one point, could read and write german rather well (spoke it so-so).  nothing hotter than some chick with a thick german accent and tight bu... er, never mind. :thumbsup:

my son is learning spanish, which should be good for living in colorado.

taks

Im pretty sure arabic is the hardest to learn, other than the grammatical difficulties, words have "Harakat" which affects how its spoken and which letters are stressed, etc. Its also difficult to write because letters have different forms on their place in a sentence. In addition to this there is a letter that can't really be pronounced by non-arabs.