Handmaiden Mod Bug

This is my first post to any of these forums. I did a brief search but didn't see the answer to my question, so if anyone knows of a thread I should see feel free to leave me the link.

A long while ago I downloaded a mod that's supposed to make the handmaiden available as a party member to a female Exile. I installed it and found it didn't work like I'd hoped - indeed, my game was messed up and I could not proceed past the point where you first go into the Jedi academy on Telos and are told to lay down your weapons. After that dialogue, the cut scenes don't start and you can wander around freely. I can manually start the cut scene by either going up to Atton and using a new dialogue option "Start Atris cutscene" or I can walk up to Atris, who is far down the walkway and talk directly to her. The problem is there is nothing afterward.

Even stranger, this is still happening after I have completely removed and then reinstalled the game. The only thing I added back in was a self-modified ini file to turn the cheats on and fix a graphics glitch on Dantooine. Does anyone have any clue what I can do to restore the game back to the way it's supposed to function?

Please delete this account. I haven't used it in ages!

I have found a mod like that, but it has a 1.0b fix...

dose anyone know if that works?

Deadly_Nightshade

I have that version and it didn't work for my recent playthrough with the mod. I got stuck. The only solution in the sticky (I tried them all) that got me past the Telos Academy bug was:

"The solution requires to set the global variable 262TEL_Atton_Talk" to 1 with KSE."

Worked like a charm. No other problems other than, obviously, the game getting confused about your character's gender. :p

The mod works fine and it has nothing to see with that bug: the bug was introduced in the game with the official 1.0b patch.

If you want the mod, then make sure you download this version: http://pcgamemods.com/mod/11958.html - It fixes that bug. Do not install the team-gizka patch on top of the mod or it won't work.

If you don't want the mod, then the team-gizka fix will work just fine.

However, in both cases, you have to reload a savegame from prior entering the academy or the changes won't take effect.

If you don't want to restart a from prior entering the academy, then the KSE solution indicated in the sticky works with or without the mod.

Edited by Darth333

The mod works fine and it has nothing to see with that bug: the bug was introduced in the game with the official 1.0b patch.

The sticky tells you how to get passed this point in the game with no mod installed.

If you want the mod, then make sure you download this version: http://pcgamemods.com/mod/11958.html - It fixes that bug. Do not install the team-gizka patch on top of the mod or it won't work.

In both cases, you have to reload a savegame from prior entering the academy or the changes won't take effect

Thank you Darth333!

(I love your Mods BTW :p )

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I don't know what to say. I used 1.1b of the mod, as linked by Darth, and got the problem. *shrug* the KSE fix worked fine though.

It's your game...

I just tested the mod...

and it's fine with 1.0b...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot