Bleh.. Droids having a cookout

So... the exile has been taken aboard Goto's yacht. I chose Atton and Mira to rescue her, but they are failing miserably. The big droids I can handle, I know the trick of taking out the maintenance droids first, but I never counted on floating flame-throwing BBQ'ing battle bowling balls.

T3 used all my ion grenades to get past those 3 HK's in the droid warehouse, and he's also armed with the only Ion blaster I have. Could go back to an earlier save and unequip the blaster once that fight is over, making it available to Atton, I guess. That would give me something. I, erm, heard somewhere that Mira can become a Jedi later, so I haven't levelled her up very much... but maybe someone with some force powers would be a better choice for the rescue operation.

Any strategy tips? Are those explosive rockets that Mira can use any good? I've got a few of those.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I've found that taking Kreia helps quite a bit. I always max out Destroy Droid by then on her. But that's not any help if you're stuck with non-Jedi Atton and an unleveled Mira. That's tough ... off hand I can't think of a worse situation for that battle.

I'd say try to get your Exile free ASAP. Getting the turret controls and setting them to fire on both friendly and hostile helps a LOT for that. The turrets in the room before the audience chamber will take out all the droids for you.

You can get the code for the turrets early. I can't quite remember, but it might be on the droid in the first detention cell area near where you start.

Hmm, I got a program from that droid, if that's the same droid... "shutdown" or "overload" I think it was, and yeah I'm think I might need Kreia for this one. But I'm sure I also need someone with some decent security and computer skills as well. I haven't been able to make Atton a Jedi yet, I think I messed up somewhere with his influence. Of course I haven't had much player control over the exile lately either, heh.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Hmm, I got a program from that droid, if that's the same droid... "shutdown" or "overload" I think it was, and yeah I'm think I might need Kreia for this one. But I'm sure I also need someone with some decent security and computer skills as well. I haven't been able to make Atton a Jedi yet, I think I messed up somewhere with his influence. Of course I haven't had much player control over the exile lately either, heh.

I know that in my current game I got Shutdown and Overload (and Diagnostic) for commands in the first section before the audience chamber. I got control programs for the cells and turrets as well. Maybe the turret control was in one of the containers? I just can't remember.

Kreia and T3 make a good team for this scenario. As a bonus, T3 will get an upgrade from the first terminal.

strange this is  :ermm:

yes, there's people out there who don't play the same game a hundred times thus they don't go through it like a blade

Are you saying replaying a game is bad??? :blink:

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Thanks for all the replies. Never thought of going with T3, and I'll probably have to backtrack a bit to make sure Kreia has some good equipment. I'll give it a shot though, since it's clear I made a bad choice with Atton and Mira.

Thanks for all the replies. Never thought of going with T3, and I'll probably have to backtrack a bit to make sure Kreia has some good equipment. I'll give it a shot though, since it's clear I made a bad choice with Atton and Mira.

There is no bad choice, only easier and harder ways :blink:

IB1OsQq.png

Yep true enough. Let me rephrase: "it's clear I made a very difficult choice with Atton and Mira" :blink:

T3 would be better in this case cuz he's already equipped with better droid-busting gear, and he's got the skills... and Kreia's got some force powers that could help out. At this point in my game Atton and Mira aren't well-suited.

Edited by mr insomniac

Yep true enough. Let me rephrase: "it's clear I made a very difficult choice with Atton and Mira"  :blink:

T3 would be better in this case cuz he's already equipped with better droid-busting gear, and he's got the skills... and Kreia's got some force powers that could help out. At this point in my game Atton and Mira aren't well-suited.

Stay with Mira and get T3...IF you have THEN problems, change Mira to Bao-Dur...Don't forget to use his power to destroy shields :ermm:

Other possibility: Bao-Dur and HK-47

....I made it with Bao-Dur and Mira :)

IB1OsQq.png

Make sure you take along at least one Jedi who has a couple of useful powers. I always bring Kreia, since I usually have her learning the Stun / Disable / Destroy Droid series (exceptionally effective on Goto's Yacht), as well as the energy resistance series.

Make sure you equip your best shields that also protect against heat.

If one of your characters has a good Treat Injury score, and if you have chemicals, go to the lab station, and manufacture some more ion grenades.

Make sure you take along at least one Jedi who has a couple of useful powers.  I always bring Kreia, since I usually have her learning the Stun / Disable / Destroy Droid series (exceptionally effective on Goto's Yacht), as well as the energy resistance series. 

Make sure you equip your best shields that also protect against heat. 

If one of your characters has a good Treat Injury score, and if you have chemicals, go to the lab station, and manufacture some more ion grenades.

I had that powers myself...and my char used Heavy armor :devil:

IB1OsQq.png

Just want to say thanks for the tips to those who replied. I went back to a previous save, just before going to the yacht, and this time used Kreia and T3, and they're breezing through the droids like they weren't even there. :blink: