Theories on Why Revan Failed as a Sith Lord

Dyan

Yay Revan. :-

*snerk* "I will burn the galaxy in order to make you fall in love me me! Ha! That's my Valentine's day (equiverlent) gift to you!"

Edited by Dyan

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Revan and Malak didn't seem to be Sith.  They were just fallen Jedi.  And we still don't really know enough about Revan's plans and life before and after the events of the games to know if he failed or succeeded.

Don't you wish that they would make a game about Revans past life when she was first a padawan and It leads on to her future. Or at least a story about her. :-

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

Revan and Malak didn't seem to be Sith.  They were just fallen Jedi.  And we still don't really know enough about Revan's plans and life before and after the events of the games to know if he failed or succeeded.

Don't you wish that they would make a game about Revans past life when she was first a padawan and It leads on to her future. Or at least a story about her. :(

I have actually gotten used to call Revan s/he :D

Im more intrested in finding out what happens after KOTOR II. I mean, Kreia spoke somthing like this "the sith are waiting in the shadows, for the great war." Which seems to me that Kreia says that there is a great war coming.

Don't you wish that they would make a game about Revans past life when she was first a padawan and It leads on to her future. Or at least a story about her. :)

I have actually gotten used to call Revan s/he :D

Im more intrested in finding out what happens after KOTOR II. I mean, Kreia spoke somthing like this "the sith are waiting in the shadows, for the great war." Which seems to me that Kreia says that there is a great war coming.

I could see that war ending with the Battle of Coruscant. The casualties are way up there.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Very interesting topic, what comes to mind when you ask, "if Revan failed as a Sith Lord" is what was he trying to accomplish as a Sith lord? Now there are many theories on why Revan fell in the first place. From which ever view you take upon yourself to elaborate on is purely conjecture.

So, here it goes... I believe somewhere before the mando wars that Revan was a LSer and I think there is no disputing that. Now, I think that a jedi or a padawan for that matter while being trained are shown the ways of the jedi through the eyes of their teacher. We know that from K2 that Revan had many masters but Kriea (the old Hag herself) was one of the most influential in Revan's training. Going on memory here but either after the Exile's trial or when the Jedi masters meet at the enclave near the end of K2 I believe Vrook saying something like, "everyone she taught has fallen" or somewhere down those lines. I believe (or just throwing another theory out there for debate) that Revan was not totally shown the way of the jedi as much as the full spectrum of the force, which I believe Kriea portrays in her teachings as shown as in the way she trained the Exile. From that point of view the lines between Light and Dark are greatly skewed... but hey what do I know ;)

Very interesting topic, what comes to mind when you ask, "if Revan failed as a Sith Lord" is what was he trying to accomplish as a Sith lord? Now there are many theories on why Revan fell in the first place. From which ever view you take upon yourself to elaborate on is purely conjecture.

/snipped for length

Well, I assume he failed since he

is a playable character/the main character in k1

:)

If he wasn't captured, then he would have gone on to rule the Galaxy. The fact that he didn't first time (regardless of actions at the end of K1), means that he failed first time around. Or am I missing something?

I agree about the Kreia training though ;)

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

/snipped for length

Well, I assume he failed since he

is a playable character/the main character in k1

:wub:

If he wasn't captured, then he would have gone on to rule the Galaxy. The fact that he didn't first time (regardless of actions at the end of K1), means that he failed first time around. Or am I missing something?

I agree about the Kreia training though :wub:

If I remember properly Revan was attacked by Malak when his back was turned. Granted, maybe if that Jedi strike team didn't come to capture him maybe malak doesn't attack but that's up to speculation.

I don't know if he failed in that aspect because Malak went on to "conquer" (loosely put) the galaxy. If Revan didn't make a return probably would have. To be a sith is to pounce on every oppourtunity and Malak did that. Supposely, Revan taught Malak the ways of the sith and in that regard he succeeded as a Sith lord.

but to do your "job" well could end in your downfall.

There are no guarantees for either side, there is just "the force" :wacko:

but what if you only thought you where using the force?

In that case, you're deluded... :p:)

May contain spoilers, I'm not sure.  <_<

Anyway, that's ye warning.

This is supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek topic, so do treat it as such. I expect it'll get derailed and spammed, as such is the way of all topics, but at least let's have a laugh before it gets locked, k peeps?

Here's mine.

In order to be a successful Sith Lord, one has to have a name like Insidious, or Betrayer, or Invader to base it off. Or even something like "Maul", (although its debatable if he was successful or a sith lord.)

Poor Revan obviously didn't do his research well enough and just stuck "Darth" in front of his name. Malak was just a pansy and too chicken to do anything but follow Revan's lead, in all things, so he doesn't count.

So since Revan didn't change his name to something like Darth Destroya (for argument's sake), it meant he was doomed from the start. The other Sith Lords from Korriban get away without having clich

Edited by Darth_Onivega

hi.

:p you heretic! Revan did not "Fail" at anything, sure Malak's betrayal was something he/she didnt expect but thats not failure and to become a Sith Lord you dont need to have Darth in your name, just look at Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, Exar Kun, Freedon Nadd, Ulic Qel-Droma, Ludo Kressh, Tulak Hord, shall i go on..?

Yes, yes you do. Those guys all got tombs. Malak didn't. Revan hasn't (yet). Revan failed at a lot of stuff. He wasn't a god.

What he failed at most was not being able to kill Carth Onasi unless he was a DS female.