Theories on Why Revan Failed as a Sith Lord

Dyan

May contain spoilers, I'm not sure. <_<

Anyway, that's ye warning.

This is supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek topic, so do treat it as such. I expect it'll get derailed and spammed, as such is the way of all topics, but at least let's have a laugh before it gets locked, k peeps?

Here's mine.

In order to be a successful Sith Lord, one has to have a name like Insidious, or Betrayer, or Invader to base it off. Or even something like "Maul", (although its debatable if he was successful or a sith lord.)

Poor Revan obviously didn't do his research well enough and just stuck "Darth" in front of his name. Malak was just a pansy and too chicken to do anything but follow Revan's lead, in all things, so he doesn't count.

So since Revan didn't change his name to something like Darth Destroya (for argument's sake), it meant he was doomed from the start. The other Sith Lords from Korriban get away without having clich

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Revan did not fail. In her act of being a supreme being she decided to go easy on the galaxy.

>_< That theory I like :) *nominates it for the win*

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Why not both? Revan is that good. He could have anyone he wants. Hmm.. K3 - Revan & 'his/her' Harem/girlsquad

Party:

Bastila

Juhani

Exile

Handmaiden

Visas

Mira

... "Rated M for Mature. Contains scenes of graphic - and violence..." :wub:

I am a Revanite (a fan of Revan)

I consider Revan to be an above average Sith Lord.

Malak is a below average Sith Lord but no less of a Threat as Revan or Vader.

Lord Satasn will argee with me that Sidious was a better Sith Lord because of what Sidious did.

But Sidious was a typical Sith Lord in the since that he, like the rest of the sith lords and followers of the Sith path, wanted to conquer the Galaxy.

Revan, to me, is an atypical Sith Lord at best because of his intention.

Revan don't care about Sith philosophy as much as achieving his objectives.

In Kotor 3, we will see how well he succeds or not.

Remember to be a Sith Lord, The Name is meaningless unless you have meaning to it. I mean having a life worth remembering is a part of a Sith's code.

It wouldn't surprise me if Revan set it up for Malak to betray him/her at that critical moment for Bastila to extract him/her back to the Jedi enclave. Based on K2 Revan was getting some of his/her memories back prior to that incident and that is why he/she left to go to the unknown regions.

Remember the Sith of Malak's following was not the same Sith Empire that goaded the Mandalorians to fight the Republic.

In order to be a successful Sith Lord, one has to have a name like Insidious, or Betrayer, or Invader to base it off. Or even something like "Maul", (although its debatable if he was successful or a sith lord.)

Poor Revan obviously didn't do his research well enough and just stuck "Darth" in front of his name. Malak was just a pansy and too chicken to do anything but follow Revan's lead, in all things, so he doesn't count.

So since Revan didn't change his name to something like Darth Destroya (for argument's sake), it meant he was doomed from the start. The other Sith Lords from Korriban get away without having clich

Edited by The Dark Master

Sanity is for the weak!

Revans misstakes was two:

1) Forgott to place remote detonated explosive in appretice armor. ;)"

2) Forgott that when an alarm goes off, that tells that a strike team of Jedi are on way to the bridge, you don't accept the report from guards that they will handle it. You leave in a special escape pod directly from bridge and remote detonate the bloody ship with Jedi still on it. :wub:

Revans misstakes was two:

1) Forgott to place remote detonated explosive in appretice armor. :ermm:"

2) Forgott that when an alarm goes off, that tells that a strike team of Jedi are on way to the bridge, you don't accept the report from guards that they will handle it. You leave in a special escape pod directly from bridge and remote detonate the bloody ship with Jedi still on it. :blink:

I like it... :)

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well, you never know - maybe he did. Maybe all along, trying to take over the Galaxy was just a ploy so he could have Bastila! :lol: Maybe Revan's true goal was to get her to fall in love with him! :devil: